Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Just an observation;

Last night, as the first snow of the season hit here, I was faced with the prospect of driving home in D.C. rush-hour traffic while it fell. I knew the trip might be hellish.

Standard mode, exhaust set to quiet, Classical FM playing, and a relaxing drive home was had.

No, the MPS4 tires didn't fail in the cold and send me into a crowd of pedestrians. These seats are amazingly comfortable, the ride was fantastic, the car was quiet and warm, outward visibility is fantastic.

These are amazing DD cars, even in bad weather. Such a perfect blend of comfort and performance. And these new MPS4 tires work perfectly well in light snow.
Sponsored

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I have to strongly agree with you. My experience is different but the same if you will.

I drove about 500 miles a day for 2 days straight and let me tell you I could have kept on trucking. My girlfriend even made the comment that the trip was much more comfortable in the mustang than in her sisters Toyota Avalon. These cars are really fantastic daily drivers. And if you're bored throw it into sport mode.

How are you like the refresh model vs your old one overall?

Edit: please excuse terrible grammar and spelling as this was posted from cell lol

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
I have to strongly agree with you. My experience is different but the same if you will.

I drove about 500 miles a day for 2 days straight and let me tell you I could have kept on trucking. My girlfriend even made the comment that the trip was much more comfortable in the mustang than in her sisters Toyota Avalon. These cars are really fantastic daily drivers. And if you're bored throw it into sport mode.

How are you like the refresh model vs your old one overall?

Edit: please excuse terrible grammar and spelling as this was posted from cell lol
Magneride, Active Exhaust, MP4S tires, SYNC 3, and a lighter twin-disc clutch make this car massively more comfortable to drive than my 2016. Especially in traffic.

I did 624 miles twice in 3 days (home and back) last month, and I couldn't believe how nice this car made the trip.

I do believe that the stable & planted feel of these cars, allows one to drive with relaxed confidence. Especially on long drives, that lowers the stress to almost 0.

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Active exhaust makes a huge difference. My '15 was always roaring no matter what I was doing. Now, I can slip out in the morning in normal with the exhaust in quiet mode, grab some coffee and listen to talk radio until I'm ready to set the exhaust to track mode, turn on sport+ and swap over to Tool. It feels like two completely different cars.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
100% agree with all of this.
We have road tripped our '18 GT PPL2 to Astoria, Oregon and Reno, Nevada (each place 350-400 miles one way for us). Very comfortable and a lot of fun, even with the Recaros that others have not enjoyed on long trips.
Magneride is amazing technology...doesn't beat the crap out of you when "normal" driving, insane handling when in the turns.
Not a Premium, just base GT with PP2 and Recaro seat options.
Can't imagine how comfortable the Premium would be compared to what we have, but no regrets at all for me. My wife wants the A10 automatic, tho...

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Yeah I always chuckle at the hyperbole thrown around on some threads. If below 50° don't bother driving your stang cause you'll crash!

I've driven in sub freezing temps and never an issue. That said I do slow down in corners or whatever. Same with rain, it's not the travesty people make it out to be.

I've never had anything but summer tires on my 2 mustangs but I am considering swapping to all seasons for longer tread life.

If I lived somewhere where it's snowy often I'd prob switch tires but just temp related only, seem fine to me

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Just an observation;

Last night, as the first snow of the season hit here, I was faced with the prospect of driving home in D.C. rush-hour traffic while it fell. I knew the trip might be hellish.

Standard mode, exhaust set to quiet, Classical FM playing, and a relaxing drive home was had.

No, the MPS4 tires didn't fail in the cold and send me into a crowd of pedestrians. These seats are amazingly comfortable, the ride was fantastic, the car was quiet and warm, outward visibility is fantastic.

These are amazing DD cars, even in bad weather. Such a perfect blend of comfort and performance. And these new MPS4 tires work perfectly well in light snow.
Exactly why i think, for the money these are the best cars on the market right now

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Good daily driver? Sure, I agree with that.

In bad weather? Hell no! It's a fast car with no ground clearance.

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, my winter DD is a 2008 FJ Cruiser with winter tires, which will get me anywhere when the snow falls, but it has no heated seats, no creature comforts. I have driven the Mustang in sub freezing temps (when no snow is in the forecast) most of December (albeit with the awesome Michelin A/S3+'s) and it is such a great ride, it feels downright luxurious compared. I have no Magneride, but the PP1 suspension tuning is a great balance of handling and comfort.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Summer tires in cold weather. I know a group of you do it but I do not understand why. Are you tempting fate? Just because you made it this time what about the next. And forget about traction for a moment. Considering the replacement cost of these tires why would you risk damaging them. Wouldn't it be more prudent to swap them out with a good set of A/S's?

I remember a lesson learned a long time ago. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should!

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^as I said, it's not necessary. I've never once even remotely felt like I was anywhere close to losing grip. If it's cold out, drive accordingly. There's some parts of road with pretty good curves on my daily route. I can haul ass through them without missing a beat. But when it's cold, I simply slow down and drive a moderate speed.

Same for wet

Now if I lived in Michigan or buffalo or somewhere like that, probably different story altogether

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
^^^as I said, it's not necessary. I've never once even remotely felt like I was anywhere close to losing grip. If it's cold out, drive accordingly. There's some parts of road with pretty good curves on my daily route. I can haul ass through them without missing a beat. But when it's cold, I simply slow down and drive a moderate speed.

Same for wet

Now if I lived in Michigan or buffalo or somewhere like that, probably different story altogether
What are your average temps on your daily ride. Understand that you're in central Texas but doesn't it get pretty cold there too? Do you have any concerns about damaging your tires?

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are your average temps on your daily ride. Understand that you're in central Texas but doesn't it get pretty cold there too? Do you have any concerns about damaging your tires?
Yesterday morning according to in car temp gauge it got as low as 31 on my drive in. It's been moderate winter so far with most days the low in mid 40s to low 50s and highs in 70s I'd guess? I don't really pay that close attention honestly
I know we've only had two hard freeze so far this winter where we went out and covered plants etc to protect them.

Last winter we had light snow around Christmas and average temps were a lot lower from what I recall.

Maybe bc I always drove trucks in the past (empty bed with no weight can get squirrelly quick) but to me, I have zero complaints with mustang in cold temps or wet conditions.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Yes same here, I sound dampened the car and removed the sound tube. I put the seat warmers on low and the exhaust set to quiet with the trans in snow mode and it's about like driving excellence with some low calm music.
Sponsored