Sponsored

June Sales

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ford historically starts US auto trends and GM is a counter play.
I am not a Porsche guy. Looking at a 2018 Cayman ($90K sticker), I give that car straight A+s in every category of sports car one could name. A Cayman knows what it is. A Mustang knows what it is. A Challenger knows what it is. C6G, too may cooks, too many masters, too many lovers, not enough love. Trying to be everything, the C6G has achieved being just another car. Every time I start my GT, it says, I am a Mustang and I don't give a hockey puck what you are driving. That is identity. That sells cars.
Couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Race Control

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT A Platinum Tri Coat
Ford historically starts US auto trends and GM is a counter play. The reason. Top management. GM is a crowded board at the top. Ford is one guy with a reserved parking place in Detroit at the top. I think the Camaro 6G design suffers from too many cooks.

I see all kinds of Mustang 6G influences in the Camaro. The C6G designers have one eye on the Camaro and one eye on the Mustang when drawing. The C6G dashboards are ToysRus and no counter play there.The C6G chassis and power is ATS-V/Corvette, GM strong suits. The C6G finished product has a mixed identity. What is it? Luxury car, drag car, track car, corvette, salon, muscle car, sports car, pony car? Answer: it is a mess. Sure Chevy guys will buy it, but it does not own an identity.
Example.
I am not a Porsche guy. Looking at a 2018 Cayman ($90K sticker), I give that car straight A+s in every category of sports car one could name. A Cayman knows what it is. A Mustang knows what it is. A Challenger knows what it is. C6G, too may cooks, too many masters, too many lovers, not enough love. Trying to be everything, the C6G has achieved being just another car. Every time I start my GT, it says, I am a Mustang and I don't give a hockey puck what you are driving. That is identity. That sells cars.
EXCELLENT post. Nailed it.

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Kind of ironic that we are poking fun at GM for lousy car sales when Ford is dumping most of its car lines because it can't compete (profitably).

If the Camaro goes belly up it wont matter to Ford or to me. Both of my daughters own Camaro SS converts (2013 and 2018) and have great fun with them...they LOVE the look. The 2018 SS convert is hyper blue and looks pretty sweet with the top down. They aren't bad cars at all but i wouldn't buy one for myself.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Kind of ironic that we are poking fun at GM for lousy car sales when Ford is dumping most of its car lines because it can't compete (profitably).

If the Camaro goes belly up it wont matter to Ford or to me. Both of my daughters own Camaro SS converts (2013 and 2018) and have great fun with them...they LOVE the look. The 2018 SS convert is hyper blue and looks pretty sweet with the top down. They aren't bad cars at all but i wouldn't buy one for myself.
Buy me a GT350 daddy! :D

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey

All sales are way down. Doesn't matter who is selling..

I wanted an '18 with a stick, PP and Active exhaust in black, grey or blue. There are a dozen in my area that have been available for 6 months or more. Only bought last week when my $47500 car could be had for $39500. That tells it all for me.

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT

You must have made a mistake somewhere in life to have a small fortune in Fords and have daughters with Camaros.

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
You must have made a mistake somewhere in life to have a small fortune in Fords and have daughters with Camaros.
:lol:

Yes...they get the Gm stuff from their mom :headbonk:

My son however drives a Raptor and a 2018 Navigator.

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Thank god I raised my daughter right. She’s owned 3 mustangs by the age of 25.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That god I raised my daughter right. She’s owned 3 mustangs by the age of 25.:thumbsup:
That's why Mustang kills camaro. Start them young and they connect with the Mustang mystic and are hooked for life. :thumbsup:

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Ford,its more than just the numbers...............FTW.:cheers:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Yea, I have to admit, my daughter drives a Camaro too. But when she's nice to me, I let her ride in the Mustang.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Interesting though is how close the Challenger is getting. 6,822 in June
I can believe it. I've noticed way more Challengers than Mustangs (at least the S550) the past few months in my area.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
5th and sixth gens are apples and oranges. So a moot issue. I never owned or would have owned a Camaro until I drove a 6 gen. Then I owned 2.
I noticed that was past tense (owned) :ninja:
Sponsored