Sponsored

June incentives?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Beautiful car. I've always drooled over the challengers since they came out, but I never pulled the trigger on one just cuz it's too big for me as a daily driver.
You get used to it quickly. I love my wife's SXT Plus.
Sponsored

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Mustangs a better car in NA
Hellcat or Redeye only
IDK, the Challenger has more torque, roomier and you can fit more stuff in the trunk. I know the Mustang is cheaper and easier to mod, but I haven't ever done anything to my 16GT. I rarely go triple digits either and that is where the stang has the most advantage. Plus if I get the 1320, it would be a good match for any stang at the light or strip unless they have some mods.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
IDK, the Challenger has more torque, roomier and you can fit more stuff in the trunk. I know the Mustang is cheaper and easier to mod, but I haven't ever done anything to my 16GT. I rarely go triple digits either and that is where the stang has the most advantage. Plus if I get the 1320, it would be a good match for any stang at the light or strip unless they have some mods.
Cant argue with you there pal
If your not heavily modding the car, the challengers are on par with a GT and I agree the convertible is awesome

Personally I love the TA Widebody or a Redeye Widebody but I’d still buy a Mustang Cali Convertible over the Dodge

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Nothing wrong with a Challenger. Just understand it isn’t as lithe as the Mustang but has it own attributes.

RRAD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.0 Coupe
I had a Scat Pack years ago. It was a fun car and I had no complaints.

Sponsored

paradigm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I had a scat pack 6 speed and it was a pretty quick car. I just did not like the size or the lack of rearward visibility

OrangeBeast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang, 2020 Forester, 2019 Acura RDX
A little off topic, but maybe I should jump on a Challenger Scat Pack order as I found a couple places willing to do between 2-4% under MSRP plus the trade value on my Mustang is up several grand. Now if I could just decide if I want the 1320 trim or the widebody. There is also a couple left over 50th editions on the other coast, but they don't seem to want to sell them as they will not respond to my inquiry.
Don't drift over to the dark side!!!

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
A little off topic, but maybe I should jump on a Challenger Scat Pack order as I found a couple places willing to do between 2-4% under MSRP plus the trade value on my Mustang is up several grand. Now if I could just decide if I want the 1320 trim or the widebody. There is also a couple left over 50th editions on the other coast, but they don't seem to want to sell them as they will not respond to my inquiry.
Just watch the Throttle House Challenger review video.... that's all it took to snuff out my interest, but then again I like cars that handle well. If you are strictly a straight-line guy there are plenty of good deals out there.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but maybe I should jump on a Challenger Scat Pack order as I found a couple places willing to do between 2-4% under MSRP
good grief that is a HORRIBLE price. Scats were going for 15-20% off MSRP, even wide-body, as recently as Feb. Anything that isn't a minimum of 9-12% off MSRP before factory incentives is not a good deal.

This car was priced MUCH less, 11% off MSRP and then 3-5000 in rebates. Obviously the dealer is trying to milk the current distortion.
https://www.chryslerofculpeper.net/new-Culpeper-2021-Dodge-Challenger-RT+Scat+Pack-2C3CDZFJXMH586766

Last edited:

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
good grief that is a HORRIBLE price. Scats were going for 15-20% off MSRP, even wide-body, as recently as Feb. Anything that isn't a minimum of 9-12% off MSRP before factory incentives is not a good deal.

This car was priced MUCH less, 11% off MSRP and then 3-5000 in rebates. Obviously the dealer is trying to milk the current distortion.
https://www.chryslerofculpeper.net/new-Culpeper-2021-Dodge-Challenger-RT+Scat+Pack-2C3CDZFJXMH586766
Under the current conditions, that is by far the best you are going to get when ordering any sport or muscle car at the moment. Most are selling at MSRP and many have started adding market adjustments. Obviously there are some deals out there like this one if you can find one on a lot somewhere that is close to the options and color you want, but I have been looking for months and cannot find one exactly like I wanted and that is considering several different trims. Even a smart financial guy like Oc Motivator was happy to pay MSRP (minus the current 1.5k rebate) for a car out in the difficult CA market. You also have to remember that trade values are through the roof at the moment. So assuming you have a trade, yeah you are paying more for the new car, but also getting a big discount with the trade in. As an example, my 16 GT was worth about 21-22k back in Feb. but now is worth in the 28-30k range. The dealer I am going with offered me 22k for it almost 2 years ago when I almost bought one and now he is saying he would give me in around 27k without even seeing it in person.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just watch the Throttle House Challenger review video.... that's all it took to snuff out my interest, but then again I like cars that handle well. If you are strictly a straight-line guy there are plenty of good deals out there.
Yeah, I really have no need for a car that handles like it is on rails considering where I live. Most of the roads are flat and straight and I would have to take a road trip to try to find some decent curves. The widebody would be nice to have though as I love the front end and some of the interior options you get with it compared to the 1320, but the 1320 is quicker, rarer and a better bang for the buck value and I hear you can fit 305's on the rears without much trouble.
Sponsored