Juggernaut outed

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So regardless, you're doing something you shouldn't.
Unless licensed by Ford we are all doing something we shouldn't.

Look at it this way. You bring your car to me, you say it is tuned but it has a couple things you don't like. If I can read the tune and fix your issues, I don't feel bad nor do I feel like I ripped off the guy who tuned it, anymore than I think I ripped off Ford.

Doing it this way I just saved you 1 or 200 dollars in credits since I modified a tune licensed for the car.
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Unless licensed by Ford we are all doing something we shouldn't.

Look at it this way. You bring your car to me, you say it is tuned but it has a couple things you don't like. If I can read the tune and fix your issues, I don't feel bad nor do I feel like I ripped off the guy who tuned it, anymore than I think I ripped off Ford.

Doing it this way I just saved you 1 or 200 dollars in credits since I modified a tune licensed for the car.
its ok if you want to do that with HP tuners or SCT. I dont see it as "ok" with proprietary lund stuff.

giving recent revelations it seems like other tuners are more "copy/paste" than lund is.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
so I wasn’t really going to post hear more but I did see where somebody mentioned both sides to a story so I’m going to send a few screenshots to put in context the idiocy from over there

The first thing you have to remember again my car was running perfect at the track where Lund racing was on site to see everything. We overnight a larger turbo, bolt it on no other changes other than the larger turbo, and the computer starts resetting itself. now keep in mind this text is from June. This is eight months since this issue first started.

Every time the PCM resets itself you see the timing spike to like 35° you see the air fuel go to like .90 lambda.

Keep in mind the car is making 1400 wheel

How many people think that of cars making 1400 wheel and you should’ve 35° a timing at it and lean it out, it’s going to live more than a pass? it wouldn’t.

As soon as Matt, looked at the date and he said that’s false data

matt said your PCM is not seeing those air fuel ratio’s. He said your PCM is in a reboot process. It’s nothing like what Lund is saying. for him to even think you could make that much timing with that lien of an air fuel ratio together is just retarded.

If you look, Jr also said that the maf signal is dropping out causing load to spike. all of which was not the case. Just shows for people who think they’re so smart and know everything that they didn’t have a clue what was going on with this car they just spent 10 months telling me to keep throwing money at it and it’s a mechanical issue and to deal with it

in addition to say that the PCM does not know boost is also retarded

No, it doesn’t know exact boost numbers, but it does no airflow because the math is increasing so it does know boost

By adding the larger turbo, we were moving so much boost/airflow same thing. That the PCM was reaching a limiter that Ford said it could not reach.

Same thing I’ve been talking to Lund about for months and he just kept totally dismissing

So the tuner that had not tuned in 10 years was exactly right different guy than Matt, but was exactly right with what the issue was and he never even seen one single log on the car a simple 30 second conversation. He knew what it was. , not the exact issue parameter, but knew the issue was the PCM resetting for hitting a limit

once Matt was able to figure out the issue, he was able to ride a patch into the software to wear that parameter could be changed

Similar to this last issue with the transbrake, where they found a parameter that had not been mapped out, figured out what it was, and changed it

But we share that info with the tunin companies so that they can add it as a parameter that everybody can use now

there are always two sides just in this case their side is complete morons amd dismissive and “known good file”. “not chasing with a tune

but here’s the funniest thing at the end of the day if they had just said well I’m glad you got it figured out, we were wrong. We probably should’ve spent more time with it. We all could’ve just moved on.

But instead they sent their lap dog out online to start bashing me, they went behind my back to Hp Tuners try to get me cut off. All because they were upset that someone fixed something they couldn’t fix

It’s childishness at its best

3C48046A-6771-4D99-AD26-3E2070C53CC7.jpeg

C9C6CA16-E193-4044-8D7A-3FF60D7D0EBD.jpeg

95233134-A706-4AAC-A3FA-05CCD08CD916.jpeg

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
its ok if you want to do that with HP tuners or SCT. I dont see it as "ok" with proprietary lund stuff.

The ECU uses bin files. All HPT, SCT or XYZ do is convert the bin files to table formats where we can modify them. Then when we flash to the car the tables get turned back into bin files.

It dosen't matter who or what software modified them. So nothing is being stolen or abused.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Similar to this last issue with the transbrake,
That wouldn't be the missing parameters for the software 6R80 brake would it?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
That wouldn't be the missing parameters for the software 6R80 brake would it?
no, this is something with the control back in the 10r

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

giving recent revelations it seems like other tuners are more "copy/paste" than lund is.
Lunds tunes (and most tunes) are not proprietary, they can’t be because they are not covered by any IP law. You can’t patent something that is built on top of hacked/pirated software.

If lund had written a ground up firmware for the ECM it would be a different story, then it would be proprietary. Or if they had created some other software on their own that they use to generate calibration constants, that could be patented and proprietary.

the only tunes that are proprietary are the original ford tune, and any that Ford has licensed (roush).

19BULLITTwhipple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramzi
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt 2019
so I wasn’t really going to post hear more but I did see where somebody mentioned both sides to a story so I’m going to send a few screenshots to put in context the idiocy from over there

The first thing you have to remember again my car was running perfect at the track where Lund racing was on site to see everything. We overnight a larger turbo, bolt it on no other changes other than the larger turbo, and the computer starts resetting itself. now keep in mind this text is from June. This is eight months since this issue first started.

Every time the PCM resets itself you see the timing spike to like 35° you see the air fuel go to like .90 lambda.

Keep in mind the car is making 1400 wheel

How many people think that of cars making 1400 wheel and you should’ve 35° a timing at it and lean it out, it’s going to live more than a pass? it wouldn’t.

As soon as Matt, looked at the date and he said that’s false data

matt said your PCM is not seeing those air fuel ratio’s. He said your PCM is in a reboot process. It’s nothing like what Lund is saying. for him to even think you could make that much timing with that lien of an air fuel ratio together is just retarded.

If you look, Jr also said that the maf signal is dropping out causing load to spike. all of which was not the case. Just shows for people who think they’re so smart and know everything that they didn’t have a clue what was going on with this car they just spent 10 months telling me to keep throwing money at it and it’s a mechanical issue and to deal with it

in addition to say that the PCM does not know boost is also retarded

No, it doesn’t know exact boost numbers, but it does no airflow because the math is increasing so it does know boost

By adding the larger turbo, we were moving so much boost/airflow same thing. That the PCM was reaching a limiter that Ford said it could not reach.

Same thing I’ve been talking to Lund about for months and he just kept totally dismissing

So the tuner that had not tuned in 10 years was exactly right different guy than Matt, but was exactly right with what the issue was and he never even seen one single log on the car a simple 30 second conversation. He knew what it was. , not the exact issue parameter, but knew the issue was the PCM resetting for hitting a limit

once Matt was able to figure out the issue, he was able to ride a patch into the software to wear that parameter could be changed

Similar to this last issue with the transbrake, where they found a parameter that had not been mapped out, figured out what it was, and changed it

But we share that info with the tunin companies so that they can add it as a parameter that everybody can use now

there are always two sides just in this case their side is complete morons amd dismissive and “known good file”. “not chasing with a tune

but here’s the funniest thing at the end of the day if they had just said well I’m glad you got it figured out, we were wrong. We probably should’ve spent more time with it. We all could’ve just moved on.

But instead they sent their lap dog out online to start bashing me, they went behind my back to Hp Tuners try to get me cut off. All because they were upset that someone fixed something they couldn’t fix

It’s childishness at its best

3C48046A-6771-4D99-AD26-3E2070C53CC7.jpeg

C9C6CA16-E193-4044-8D7A-3FF60D7D0EBD.jpeg

95233134-A706-4AAC-A3FA-05CCD08CD916.jpeg
So what I got from this is you had someone from juggernaut draw the Lund file from your car, make a few changes (patch) then re-upload the tune.

Correct me if I’m wrong?
Im a little confused.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
no. had matt data log the car with his software. then write a tune for it. then datalog more we made pulls for the better part of 5 hours

matt took all the logs. went back
to bench test the data. go through all the coding. look for unmapped parameters, that may affect what the issue was we were having. write patches for the issue

same thing as was done with the control pack. launch issue we were having

stuff that lund can’t do.

lund and their mouth piece like to defame matt.

their is a reason that lund recruited matt. there is a reason they paid him a hefty salary. there is a reason when matt told lund he has leaving that lund offered him even more money to stsy.

matt built lunds back end software. he designed a lot of the tech that is in the gray goose

problem with lund when someone leaves and they know they are a threat to their income they try do defame them.

funny thing is. matt was never planning on tuning. til lund started calling his new employer telling him that matt was an EPA plant. i know it’s fact. because lund said the same thing to me after matt left.

Sponsored

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
flores is an idiot and moron and a LIAR

if lund spent more time taking care of customers than whining online they would be much better off.

we dropped them like a hot potatoe last year.

after sending them over a million $ in revenue, i couldn’t take it any more.

their condescending attitude. better than everyone and consistently blaming “mechanical issue” so they don’t have to actually tune a car.

anyone who thinks matt can’t tune doesn’t have a clue. matt is one of the most intelligent people i have met in this industry.

not only does matt tune. he is an engineer and coder.

more experienced than anyone lund has under the roof. his level of knowledge makes flores look elementary school at best.

let’s get them on a show together…. it would be hilarious.

10 months and my car had an issue that arose as soon as we put the larger turbo on it. the pcm was shutting itself down and resetting itself.

Just so everyone understands what happened at md nationals two years ago we overnighted a bigger turbo, put it on the car, and the minute we started making more power with the bigger turbo the computer started shutting itself down

for 10 months we troubleshooting “mechanical issues “. Lund refused to look at it as the tune because it was “a known good file “

They are the king of copy pasters.

How many 2018 BL fabrication single turbo 104 Fore Innovations fuel system FIC 2150 built engine cars are you tuning. You’re turning one, so how can I be a known good file

They had me jump through hoops for 10 months, replace multiple things for thousands of dollars and my crew chief diagnosing the car replacing things thousands and thousands of dollars thousands of dollars traveling trying things that never worked

I spoke to a Tuner that hasn’t tuned anything since like 2010 never even tune a coyote

I’ll talk to him maybe 30 seconds explaining what was going on and instantly he told me that we were hitting a critical limiter

What that limit or is he said he didn’t know. But the PCM is reaching some kind of limit that it should not be able to reach and it’s causing it to shut down

Funny thing was after everything was down and figure it out and that was what the issue was. Lund Senior told me yeah I know that guy he’s not that smart.

I’m thinking to myself with your son was working on the car for 10 months and didn’t have a clue and this guy figured it out 30 seconds at least knew where to look

Anyway, after talking to multiple tuners with Mod, refuse to acknowledge, it was a tunin issue. Matt offered to fly up, look at the car, and he was confident he could figure out whether it was a mechanical or a tune issue.

after spending the day with us on the Dino and the issue being very reputable, Lincoln says that he was convinced it was a tune issue

He took all the data back with him to Florida, took about a week week and a half, but he was able to figure out the issue, right a patch into the software and fix the issue

We instantly were running the 10th and a half quicker than we’ve ever ran with Lund tooting the car not only that I was able to throw like another 8 pounds of boost at it in second gear. We’re lunds tune would just flair and not be able to shift.

Fast forward to the new control pack car that we done on the 2015

We went untested to our first race, and we had a problem where the car would not go above 3500 on the transbrake, or with shift gears while you were on the transbrake

So we brought the car back home and went to work trying to diagnose the issue

Matt again went into the coding in the programming looking for things that weren’t mapped out in Sct or Hp Tuners

He was able to find the perimeter. It took about a week and a half, but he found it, mapped it out. It was able to write it into the programming and fix the issue.

The funny thing is lund knew we were having the issue because I never really hide anything and posted about it

Of course they make a post on their forum showing cars with control packs launching above whatever RPM like they’re so smarter than everybody else with hashtags referencing 3500 taking shots at matt.

The funniest thing about all of that, a kid that is a big lund nut swinger commented on one of my posts

He is the one that first had the issue with Control pack two years ago. He had the exact same issue we were we’re having.

The funniest thing is he even private messaged me telling me how great Lund was because after he got with Ford racing when Lund couldn’t figure it out and Ford sent him data logging equipment to try to figure out the issue and then he specifically told me that Ford Racing sent Lund what they needed to change so that his trans brake would work with his control pack

so Lund is basically taking shots about how great they are with their tuning because they basically don’t have an issue that we were having

When they had the exact same issue in Ford racing, had to give them an answer lol

Meanwhile, in just about a week and a half Mattâť“ was able to code it out, figure it out himself through trial and error, and get the car working correctly

And I even made a post about how we were sending the information to Sct and to Hp Tuners to make the information public so if anybody else had the issue, they knew where to find it at

And so that the software companies could make the changes live to wear it didn’t have to be coded in

In addition after the first issue, and I told Lund that Matt fixed the car and it was a tunin issue

He immediately went behind the scenes, trying to get Tuner’s not to sell devices to me and get me blacklisted from the company

All while still being a dealer for them

Very underhanded and very shady and I have the phone call where I got Lund to admit it over the phone

The tuning community used to be a great community. We’re all the Tuner’s got along, and they all shared info.

The problem is lund fell out of grace with most of those tuners because they got a big head and thought they were better than everybody else

I personally just didn’t feel comfortable, sending another dollar to them

So after over $1 million of revenue generated for Lund I cut ties

I’d rather not make the money, then send them another cent.

Juggernaut has been doing an excellent job for us there half the price of a lund tune and Matt goes out of his way to take care of the customers

I will put Matts ’s résumé up against 99% of the Tuner’s in the country

I would love to put lund Senior Junior and Flores in the same room with a tunin issue that is it mapped out that you have to figure out on your own and see who does it first

why doesn’t somebody ask lund who wrote their entire back end software? guess what. it was matt, why him and not jr. becuse hes smarter than them

why do you think Lund recruited him? Because he’s one of the best out there

and also…. feel free to ask me how many different stock files lund had me suck off when I was working at the Ford dealership……..
AMEN brother. First couple lines of your post 100%. Lund is an ass. NEVER EVER use lund again. Use Juggernaut or Wengerd. Period.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
funny thing is. matt was never planning on tuning. til lund started calling his new employer telling him that matt was an EPA plant. i know it’s fact. because lund said the same thing to me after matt left.
The fact that the EPA shut down Lund when/after Matt worked there is proof enough for me that he was an EPA plant!

Wait................... Never mind.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The fact that the EPA shut down Lund when/after Matt worked there is proof enough for me that he was an EPA plant!

Wait................... Never mind.
There is no public record of Lund paying any fines. It was soon after Lund got raided MAK and others stopped producing test pipes. Header companies started to only sell catted headers.........

Should I say it or let you think it??

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for this.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Thank you for this.
Here is the email and the response from SCT when we sent them the info last month. Something of note.... You'll see Aaron mentioned that Juggernaut is setup as R&D allowing them to add custom parameters....

Why? Because of matt's coding ability and to be able to do the things like he did here. Finding an unmapped parameter and adding it in. Something lund was UNABLE to do with the exact same issue on a customers car 2 years ago, Ford racing had to find it for Lund, and then Lund didn't share the info with anyone....

This is the exact same process Matt used when he fixed the PCM reset issue. Again, another issue lund was unable to find and fix, and Matt was....

They can point fingers all they want, the reason they point fingers is Matt is simply on a different level when it comes to this stuff.
Sponsored