Last edited:

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
This isn’t new. Happy it’s getting more eyes but this started back in 2018ish and really wasn’t talked about. From an enthusiast standpoint be careful of whom you talk about online and write your politicians. It needs to be handled at industry level.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Cliff notes?

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Cliff notes?
No more tuning. From the EPA crackdown to OEM encrypted ECU'S (for some reason OEMs got tired of unscrupulous people breaking things with tunes and trying to get the damage covered by warranty), the business of tuning is approaching a brick wall.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
No more tuning. From the EPA crackdown to OEM encrypted ECU'S (for some reason OEMs got tired of unscrupulous people breaking things with tunes and trying to get the damage covered by warranty), the business of tuning is approaching a brick wall.
Can ecu’s be made un hackable? Dealer only mode type ecu

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Can ecu’s be made un hackable? Dealer only mode type ecu
Nothing is hack proof, but if it costs a company 200 million in resources to crack it, they're probably not going to do it. The C8 is a good example. Nobody to my knowledge has figured out how to fully tune it yet.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing is hack proof, but if it costs a company 200 million in resources to crack it, they're probably not going to do it. The C8 is a good example. Nobody to my knowledge has figured out how to fully tune it yet.
I bet it ends up that way for everything.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I thought I read or heard somewhere that the 2021 mustang ecu was going to be locked. Sounds like the beginning of the end of aftermarket power mods as we currently know it.

Sponsored

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Doesn't this kill alot of the car culture? Being extremely limited to what you can now do to a car, power wise seems like it'll hurt the overall car culture no? Someone with better knowledge care to chime in? I've held off on tuning my mustang, I have a NGauge sitting in the truck, now I feel I've wasted time and money?

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't this kill alot of the car culture? Being extremely limited to what you can now do to a car, power wise seems like it'll hurt the overall car culture no? Someone with better knowledge care to chime in? I've held off on tuning my mustang, I have a NGauge sitting in the truck, now I feel I've wasted time and money?
Lund is still supporting the Nguage so you can still order that tune if wanted. You can certainly sell it as well.

Muevelos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2017
Lund is still supporting the Nguage so you can still order that tune if wanted. You can certainly sell it as well.
What about MAK cat delete etc, doesn't this kill it? Don't wanna be apart of the CEL gang.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about MAK cat delete etc, doesn't this kill it? Don't wanna be apart of the CEL gang.
No tuner will change any emission settings. If you delete your cats expect to have a cel.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Not really if you think about it. There are plenty of older cars out there you can modify, and we only have about 15 years max of new ICE cars anyway.
Sponsored