Sponsored

Jon Lund Jr. discusses latest rumors about Lund Racing/future of EFI Tuning

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
I got a friend that you describe.. their dealership has no problem looking the other way, and if something happens, UNLESS ford themselves request documents or pictures of something or directly want the IDS reports, then they can get away with pretty much anything.

even then, he told me, he can claim IDS failure to connect, and report modules as being faulty. pretty grey area. depends on how hard form wants to investigate that incident, but he said generally its never been an issue. can't do it too often. most repairs are legit.

service advisor is my classmate from school, and the senior mechanic is her husband lol. sweetness
Ask him how he likes fdrs...........a whole nother world with fmc watching .
Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha, federal trumps county rules
Think of it like this. Marijuanna is still illegal on the Federal level, however many states have legalized it. Even in a state that has legalized it's use, you can still be charged federally for a crime. It all comes down to enforcement, but at the end of the day Federal law trumps anything state or locally.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Technically any alteration to a tune defeats the emissions compliance. The OEM tune is certified to be emissions compliant. This is where the EPA uses the grey language to enforce this stuff. They pulled hard drive data, I am sure they pulled financial data and sales data. Typically what the EPA does is issues fines PER TUNE. Think about that. The feds like to hit hard and see what kind of "plea deal" that the accused is willing to take. They hit E-Motion first, then started looking further at who was selling E-Motion products. Lund, PBD, Beefcake, Lethal etc are probably all "on notice" right now. That is how the Feds work, they find a crack then start digging.
Perhaps times have changed, but I read the report from when MPT was investigated and fined. It didn't seem that they were concerned at all about tunes because they were not fined for tunes and are still selling them today. Their fines were all a result of devices that facilitated the removal of cats.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I honestly don't feel bad for all of the bro-dozers driving around with their lifted diesels rolling coal which is probably where this all started from. That crap was the equivalent of people throwing sodas at fast food workers. They just look like douches.

Jon Lund Jr talking talking about the industry "definitely not doing anything wrong" is complete crap though. I know he's worried about it affecting his livelihood which definitely sucks but that whole bit is just not true and hurt his argument for me. Even just on this forum how many people have "off-road only" parts/tunes installed that they drive on the street. If everyone that had these things towed their cars to the track or even only street drove them to the track it would be one thing but that's not the case at all lol.

Hopefully something does happen where modified cars that pass emissions are able to be driven without a problem. The whole black and white issue of be stock or else is dumb. If your car passes emmissions it passes emmissions. It shouldn't matter if an OEM paid for the testing, a tuning cmpany paid, or even the vehicle owner.

It probably won't happen until a lobbying group is put together though. Luckily US politicians can be purchased for a few thousand dollars though so it shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bet the tuners are cringing every time they fire up YouTube and watch a car video.

"yeah I've got this / got that / got long tubes / got cat deletes / great tune by 'X'" etc ... :frown:

What started as great publicity could end being part of their demise ... :frown:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Dtmlloyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 2500 high country
Federal law doesn’t trump state law! The states created the federal government and they can shut it down also! Will never happens probably. Why do you think it’s called the UNITED STATES? Texas keeps says they are pulling out of the agreement with the federal government?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Well, my tunes been loaded, good luck catching me!

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
It would be a trivial thing to catch you if the feds wanted. Seeing as you are Lund tuned and the feds have all their computer data. They probably have all your information right down to your VIN.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Federal law doesn’t trump state law! The states created the federal government and they can shut it down also! Will never happens probably. Why do you think it’s called the UNITED STATES? Texas keeps says they are pulling out of the agreement with the federal government?
Yeah, er...no.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
hear the pounding on your door and the phalanx of Gendarme with weapons drawn shoving a court order in your face demanding you open the garage and fire the car up so their mobile 3-gas analyzer can test it's current state? Yeah and the tow truck is sitting at the curb at the ready too.

Obviously the Feds haven't resorted to that kind of tactic yet, and are unlikely to do so. Federal anti-discrimination law for example is commonly assumed to trump State. That's just theory unless the collective other States or the Feds bring weapons and enforce it. No different with EPA and drug regs (and very soon election law) if you haven't been paying attention. The Federal gov't indeed THINKS and blusters it has the Devine Right to Rule the subordinate States. Doesn't make it true. If the Sovereign State of Ohio decides to tell the EPA to get bent, they can. CONgress will no doubt stop all Federal funds from flowing to the State but Ohio would likewise just stop remitting federal taxes (eg. fuel) to the Treasury.

Last edited:

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
LOL, ya'll need to take a pill and pull off the tinfoil.

It was a joke. And if the SHTF, I have some countermeasures of my own.

Hell, mention a product in front of your phone 5 times, and then get on google and look at the odds. I ain't worried about this ish.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I believe this will be like trying to stop drugs. They won't go after all of the users as that would be futile. They will focus on the dealers/tuners and tuning tools to stop the supply by levying large fines to make it no longer profitable.

From there, they will start focusing on the state inspections and institute emissions checks where they don't already exist and then start levying large fines against those inspection stations for passing cars with modifications.

Just my two cents.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Federal gov't indeed THINKS and blusters it has the Devine Right to Rule the subordinate States. Doesn't make it true. If the Sovereign State of Ohio decides to tell the EPA to get bent, they can. CONgress will no doubt stop all Federal funds from flowing to the State but Ohio would likewise just stop remitting federal taxes (eg. fuel) to the Treasury.
Oy vey, no...not totally correct. Google "Interstate Commerce Clause". Congress can indeed punish conduct that obstructs interstate or foreign commerce. (Read: Throw people in jail) So it isn't just about federal funds.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
"Interstate Commerce Clause". Congress can indeed punish conduct that obstructs interstate or foreign commerce.
Doesn't matter. Courts and CONgress can yell till they're all lathered up. The 'interstate commerce' has been twisted out of all recognition for 50 years. You can try to make the case that Ohio pollution crosses State lines and sure, I'll give you that. But unless and until you send troops, the legal opinions matter not.
Sponsored