John Gruden

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
I will say this, Being a car dealership in WV (small market, low economy) we had season tickets to both college teams in the state just for "donating" a car to some random person at the university each year. Whether they kept the same car for a couple years or change each year wasn't relevant. These weren't top sellers or the most expensive vehicle by any stretch most of the time. Couldn't get rid of a car? Use that as one of the cars that a coach drives for "free".
Granted the GT500 isn't as described above but vegas is a lot bigger economy than we had so giving a GT500 away is the same as above. They lost no money on the deal. Gruden is one of my least favorite coaches as I grew up a Bronco fan.

Am I mad someone that could buy ant car in the world got a GT500 before me? YES, but not at Gruden. Ford needs to get their priorities right. Enthusiasts have been waiting how long? Yet they prioritize "celebrities" that don't give a sh!t. This is the reason I wouldn't even consider a "reservation" on the Bronco.
Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
A bunch of grown men complaining about another grown man getting a car?

Maybe we don't deserve V8's after all.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A bunch of grown men complaining about another grown man getting a car?

Maybe we don't deserve V8's after all.
Well maybe its easy for you to walk right on into a ford dealership and buy your 5.0 GT and haggle them down to something around invoice and drive away the same day.

Obtaining a CFTP is a herculean effort that requires a lot of time, money, and luck.

To see some guy get handed one just because of his celerity status (with no effort at all) may not bother you because it doesn't mean anything to you. For those of us who worked very hard to get the lead, make the deal, and go through the whole roller coaster ride, and then plop down enough cash to buy about 3 of your GTs, yea, its a rub.

So go back to GT world and have a nice day.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tom..Tom...Tom...come on dude, Geep wasn't dis'ing the process..cut him some slack, please?

I know you did as much as anyone to get the car and I know I can speak for everyone when I say that we're MOST happy you pulled it off. When you consider just how many new cars hit the streets every day as compared to a Snack Pack, the numbers are exceptionally low. It's a rare vehicle for sure.

But as you know, luck can be everything as it was in my case. I didn't know a soul or, have any connections anywhere, I just ordered. Took two tries thanks to the Golden Ticket binness but it worked out. Being at the right place at the right time was my salvation.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom..Tom...Tom...come on dude, Geep wasn't dis'ing the process..cut him some slack, please?

I know you did as much as anyone to get the car and I know I can speak for everyone when I say that we're MOST happy you pulled it off. When you consider just how many new cars hit the streets every day as compared to a Snack Pack, the numbers are exceptionally low. It's a rare vehicle for sure.

But as you know, luck can be everything as it was in my case. I didn't know a soul or, have any connections anywhere, I just ordered. Took two tries thanks to the Golden Ticket binness but it worked out. Being at the right place at the right time was my salvation.
Kent.... Kent.... Kent.... You have to be one of the luckiest SOBs alive. I'm happy for you.

You are by far the exception (by a lot), not the norm.

Show me another example like yours......

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I know, Tom and all I was trying to get across was that sometimes, you just get lucky as you said and I certainly did.

There are undoubtedly more situations like mine across the country but I would bet that there aren't many.

If only said "luck" applied to the rest of life. :-)

Meanwhile, I'm excited for the arrival of yours and look forward to all the smiling posts and photos. <grin>

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Well maybe its easy for you to walk right on into a ford dealership and buy your 5.0 GT and haggle them down to something around invoice and drive away the same day.

Obtaining a CFTP is a herculean effort that requires a lot of time, money, and luck.

To see some guy get handed one just because of his celerity status (with no effort at all) may not bother you because it doesn't mean anything to you. For those of us who worked very hard to get the lead, make the deal, and go through the whole roller coaster ride, and then plop down enough cash to buy about 3 of your GTs, yea, its a rub.

So go back to GT world and have a nice day.
You win over-reaction of the day.

Sorry you are upset other people got your special package too.

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at how some people think just cuz they have a little more money than someone else makes them so much better ... lol.

Guess what Jon has more money than you, and he probably isn't crying about you buying your car.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
You win over-reaction of the day.

Sorry you are upset other people got your special package too.

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at how some people think just cuz they have a little more money than someone else makes them so much better ... lol.

Guess what Jon has more money than you, and he probably isn't crying about you buying your car.
Have a nice day.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I understand that he also got one of the first 350Rs that came to Tampa...while I waited for over 10 months. I'll be 13 months before my car is even produced at this point on the 500.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Hey, I really like John Gruden and I think he's one of the smartest coaches on the planet.

But hey, no one ever said life is fair, right? It's pretty amazing (to me at least,) that with just some TV exposure once a week, a small number of these commentators get a huge following that I'm sure the Marketing people at the car companies notice.

On the flip side, just think of all the coaches that DIDN'T get one. :-)

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Just checked the status of my Super Snake Truck today and my selling Ford dealer just sold the Golden Ticket for 40K over and have more GT's coming with all pre sold orders with huge ADM. Its a good time for Ford and the GT500 club year which if you even get one this year you've been blessed in my opinion.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Just checked the status of my Super Snake Truck today and my selling Ford dealer just sold the Golden Ticket for 40K over and have more GT's coming with all pre sold orders with huge ADM. Its a good time for Ford and the GT500 club year which if you even get one this year you've been blessed in my opinion.
My dealer had multiple offers to the tune of 40K over as well. It would be interesting to see what MY '21 brings
Sponsored