Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Absolutely stunning Jaime.
What a beautiful car. Again, congrats my friend. 🍻🍻

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Looks great ! :sunglasses:

And now I am also envious of your house … lol. I really like that style and being from the U.K. it’s just not a style or build type we see over here … :frown:

WD :like:

ps : I hope the bad news is along the lines of ‘it’s due to rain’ rather than car related !
You should see his garage,........... :inlove:
lol

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone!

So, the bad news is the car had some damage upon inspection. The front splitter and drivers side wicker were damaged pretty good. The splitter was blown up a bit, and the wicker actually lost a piece of plastic. My guess is it happened from the tie down strap inside the trailer, but I am just guessing. The passenger side of the splitter has a small crack in the same spot, which leads me to thing it was the cam buckle of the straps that did the damage.

tempImageVuC4hM.jpg

tempImagezV2LBB.jpg

Now.... I have to say that I was floored with the choice of delivery vehicle. I think you all saw the vehicle that picked up the car last year (that hurts to say). Well, think the opposite......

DB1AE672-0B7B-402B-938D-8A9FA6DC265D_1_201_a.jpeg

That said, I will say the driver was wicked nice, and very remorseful of the damage. He put me on the phone with the boss man (from Cuba????) who immediately agreed to take care of the cost to replace the splitter and wicker.

Yes, obviously they should pay, but it isn't always an easy process. I sent him the cost of both parts, and by the end of the afternoon he sent me the money. Some people will say I should have gouged for labor costs, and inconvenience, but I was just happy to get the money. I am more than able to do the work, and would prefer to do it myself anyway.

To be honest, I am more than surprised that this was the only damage...... The silver lining is the only damage was to user replaceable parts, and not something like body or paint damage.

The good news was that I received a call from my paint shop in the middle of taking delivery, saying the Kong CAI cover was finished,

tempImageFQj4aJ.jpg

tempImagePGEyEc.jpg

I am more than happy with how it came out. It is flawless!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome Jamie!! Why have you not installed all your parts yet????
It was a long crazy day buddy, but I did play a bit.... The car was loaded with as many take off parts that SA could safely put inside the the vehicle (by my request). I unloaded everything and then had a little time to play before I went out to dinner with the wife.

Euro's are not liked by all, but I think they look insane on my blue car with white accents. I picked these up over this past winter and sent them to Poland to be converted to US functionality. They work exactly like the US red version, just have the clear lenses. I wanted to get them on because I will be dropping the car off either tomorrow afternoon, or Wednesday morning for the PPF, ceramic, and window tinting.

tempImageZkITEo.png

tempImage3W334X.png

tempImageNyjm0b.png

I banged outta work tomorrow to play some more. I will post up some outside pictures, they really look better than these pictures suggest.

Last edited:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
It was a long crazy day buddy, but I did play a bit.... The car was loaded with as many take off parts that SA could safely put inside the the vehicle (by my request). I unloaded everything and then had a little time to play before I went out to dibber with the wife.

Euro's are not liked by all, but I think they look insane on my blue car with white accents. I picked these up over this past winter and sent them to Poland to be converted to US functionality. They work exactly like the US red version, just have the clear lenses. I wanted to get them on because I will be dropping the car off either tomorrow afternoon, or Wednesday morning for the PPF, ceramic, and window tinting.

tempImageZkITEo.png

tempImage3W334X.png

tempImageNyjm0b.png

I banged outta work tomorrow to play some more. I will post up some outside pictures, they really look better than these pictures suggest.
They look great! Take a breather and just soak it in that she's home.

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
It was a long crazy day buddy, but I did play a bit.... The car was loaded with as many take off parts that SA could safely put inside the the vehicle (by my request). I unloaded everything and then had a little time to play before I went out to dibber with the wife.

tempImageZkITEo.png

tempImage3W334X.png

tempImageNyjm0b.png

This has certainly been an interesting journey. Thanks for sharing and best of luck.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It was a long crazy day buddy, but I did play a bit.... The car was loaded with as many take off parts that SA could safely put inside the the vehicle (by my request). I unloaded everything and then had a little time to play before I went out to dinner with the wife.

tempImageZkITEo.png

tempImage3W334X.png

tempImageNyjm0b.png

That looks sick! I love the euro versions but alas they won’t look good on a rapid red lol

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
She's definitely a looker and good on the delivery company to give you the cash, not only give you the cash, but in the same day. Very stand up!

Congrats my friend and I will be seeing this beauty in person someday, hopefully sooner than later. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed today :clap:

Holy crap do I hear the SC wine now! I have the cover off as we discussed, but man I can hear the whistle whine instantly. Lets not forget my car just got an upgraded intercooler, and a pulley drop. I can not say with certainty what caused what, but I can say I am sure a little bit if everything made it so. I freaking love it!

The box itself fits like OEM. It took a while to mess with the placement of the intake tube to get the cover to install easily. The carbon fiber air box is not as rigid as hard plastic, so you want to make sure everything is lined up perfectly. Overall, it was not much different than any other CAI I have installed, except I will say the fit & finish is amazing.

tempImageDjKTot.png

tempImagecKz2ao.png

tempImageFSYhfj.jpg

tempImageVtKBor.png

tempImage6KNjC0.jpg

As you can see in the last picture the Kong logo is ghosted...... Oh well, it is not noticeable to the naked eye. Still worth it.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
At first seeing the intake off the car I couldn't believe the price for it. But after seeing your last 2 pics with it on the car, man it is a thing of beauty.