Sponsored

JLT S550 V6 CAI

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
im interested in seeing pics/dyno graphs and dont mind waiting to see said info. do i want to see it right now? sure but im not gunna kick and scream for it. i had a jlt on my 05 gt and loved it. im looking forward to seeing the new jlt for my lil v6. ive worked for a small aftermarket mustang shop and i can feel your pain. its not as easy as some think to release new products
Sponsored

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
I just wish i was given a more truthful timeframe one of the many times they told me 2-3 weeks or this month or that month. Ive gotten strung along for over 3 months now. Sht happens, cool no biggie. Stuff gets backed up, understandable. If they said itd be 5 months or 10 years from the beginning I'd be cool. But when Im told a certain date 5-10 different times it seems a little messed up and like its BS. Im happy they care enough to take their time, thats not my issue.

quiong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6
OMG all you basically have to do is the following:

Pop Hood.

Measure distance from Throttle Body to Air Box.

Put a slight bend in plastic pipe.

Done. There is a reason K&N, Airraid, Roush have their intakes out already, it's not difficult. Doesn't take much if any of R&D.

For those of you out here looking, please purchase from someone else.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
The frustration that V6 owners feel due to many manufacturers not producing aftermarket parts for the V6 is being displaced onto a manufacturer that is. This isn't some kickstarter campaign where you've already given money to JLT and you have a financial interest in the project not being vaporware. They'll release it when they release it. They have no obligation to you to ever release their product. I think its fine to express impatience but not to cross the line and start insulting them. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, as they say.

redfire07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang
I don't understand why you all are getting so worked up. If you don't want to wait for a JLT, which in my experience is the best on the market than go fabricate your own or buy something else. Your car runs fine without it. It's not like you are waiting on Ford to fix your motor here.

Sponsored

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I don't understand why you all are getting so worked up. If you don't want to wait for a JLT, which in my experience is the best on the market than go fabricate your own or buy something else. Your car runs fine without it. It's not like you are waiting on Ford to fix your motor here.
I agree, from what I see in this thread no firm promises were made, only estimates were given. This kind of complaining doesn't encourage manufactures to get involved in low volume products or participate in these threads.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
lowwatts...I completely agree. we go though this a lot in the RC airplane world....mfg's give us a expected delivery date, then it slips and slips and slips...but in the same way here, do you want the product rushed to the consumer? no, because that doesn't normally end well. patience my young grasshoppers lol

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
........this thing is going to be exactly like all the others: Look cool, make a suction sound when you rev up / slightly deeper exhaust note when under medium - heavy load, and add a tiny bit of HP somewhere in the upper RPMs that 90% of us with V6's will actually benefit from a few seconds out of every 1000 hours driving lol

Wait for it, or get something else

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Since I am a certified computer dumbass who doesn't know how to start a new thread on this Forum, look for an unveiling of a new 3.0 V-6 Ecoboost for the Linoln MKZ today in Los Angeles. Said to have 400HP and supposedly very smooth. Knowing how all you Dudes are curious to see another V-6 engine in Ford's future, I posted here. And for you JLT employees... back to work on creating our new CAI...

Sponsored

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
Anyone who is upset about JLT taking a bit longer to release this [Im sure fine] product should just look elsewhere. Anyone who knows good things are worth waiting for will stick it out. I have had my drop in K&N since I bought the car, with a modified air box and this was all to tide me over until JLT releases an Intake that I will order, paint-matched to my car, which no other company [that I can find] will offer to do. JLT, we got your back, don't waste your time on butt-hurt impatient people who can easily shop elsewhere.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Update: Intake tubes are on their way to us. Once we have them the kits will be ready to ship. We'll have 25 kits ready to go very shortly!

NavyNolan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Fastback V6 M/T
Update: Intake tubes are on their way to us. Once we have them the kits will be ready to ship. We'll have 25 kits ready to go very shortly!
Can any of us reserve one? Like put our name on a list for one of the 25? I am trying to get one color matched (Ruby Red) to my 2015 V6 mustang. Thanks!

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm going to work on getting our website updated with this listing so people can purchase them.

It'll fall in line with the 10% off holiday sale we're running until the 12/18/15.

Lagformance

Not A GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
This is getting rediculous. I wouldn't be surprised if JLT ditches the idea at this point. Stop bitching and go buy a rouch or k&n. If you bitch kick n scream while they try to finish it you'll have to wait longer. Where you guys the kids that threw tantrums when mom didn't buy you a toy? Settle down and wait or go buy something else. Please don't ruin it for the rest of us because your a child and can't hold your urges.
Sponsored