Not open for further replies.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Oh okay. Well that makes perfect sense now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes, this, thanks. I assumed that it started at ~1.5k and it was zoomed in to show the gains.
Actually the car was an auto, starting a dyno pull on a turbo 4 cylinder in a high gear at 1.5k rpm is asking for spark knock/timing retard. You would never do that on the street (at least I hope so, no easier way to over spin the turbo and build lots of heat).

The power falls off pretty hard on these cars on the stock tune at 6k. This car was an auto and was wanting to shift at 6k on the dyno.

We'll be doing more testing with a manual car for a better graph.

We're really excited to see these on some shop cars and going fast, just got a bunch of tubes in yesterday but they will go quick! We'll have the Bypass valve fittings in Monday to ship more kits out the door.

Vinny

Don't forget your discount code for the forum!

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
JLT I live in the desert and I would want to use a dry filter instead of an oiled filter. Is there a way you guys could make that happen?

ThirtyThreePointThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 White EcoBoost AT
I spoke to Jay and I will be doing a full comparison of the Airaid to the JLT AT THE TRACK very soon.

Looking forward to it!

Mike
I think a lot of people will be looking forward to this :headbang:

You seem to enjoy being a guinea pig Mike.

By the way, we all appreciate that! People(myself included) are usually relatively skeptical about the manufacturers posting the results, no matter how transparent they seem to be. Consumer comparisons are easier to accept as a true objective comparison, so cheers to doing that and here's to hoping the JLT intake is as impressive as it looks right now :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
JLT I live in the desert and I would want to use a dry filter instead of an oiled filter. Is there a way you guys could make that happen?
Dan,

We don't have them yet, but we will be getting an order of them in about a month. I'll PM you my email and I can contact you when we have them as an option.

Vinny

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I think a lot of people will be looking forward to this :headbang:

You seem to enjoy being a guinea pig Mike.

By the way, we all appreciate that! People(myself included) are usually relatively skeptical about the manufacturers posting the results, no matter how transparent they seem to be. Consumer comparisons are easier to accept as a true objective comparison, so cheers to doing that and here's to hoping the JLT intake is as impressive as it looks right now :cheers:
I have fun being in on the ground floor with a new platform. It is fun to figure stuff out. I was the same way with my Coyote, and I did some testing for Jay with that car too. That was a manual, so it was a bit more difficult to get consistent results.

Mike

PhantomSteed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium PP
Trololol. That is an old video. Changing just the filter wont really do anything. JLT and the most other companies that make CAI's do research and design the entire system for better air flow. For example, the JLT system is 4". People will always have different opinions. But, once you see customer reviews such as those for MMR. There can be no argument for the benefit of a CAI.

Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Trololol. That is an old video. Changing just the filter wont really do anything. JLT and the most other companies that make CAI's do research and design the entire system for better air flow. For example, the JLT system is 4". People will always have different opinions. But, once you see customer reviews such as those for MMR. There can be no argument for the benefit of a CAI.
Some cars actually don't benefit from a cold air intake, and thats where this pointless video actually came from. BMW's e90 series M3 is a good example, as multiple aftermarket companies came out with CAI's for it, and all claimed gains. Then they slowly started to disappear when people showed no gains on the dyno. When OE manufacturers actually plan for a performance car to have a performance intake, instead of muffling it down, the OE stuff is really quite good. Some turbo cars have good setups from the factory as well.

I'd love to try this when my car arrives. only 4-7 more weeks to go...

PhantomSteed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium PP
Some cars actually don't benefit from a cold air intake, and thats where this pointless video actually came from. BMW's e90 series M3 is a good example, as multiple aftermarket companies came out with CAI's for it, and all claimed gains. Then they slowly started to disappear when people showed no gains on the dyno. When OE manufacturers actually plan for a performance car to have a performance intake, instead of muffling it down, the OE stuff is really quite good. Some turbo cars have good setups from the factory as well.

I'd love to try this when my car arrives. only 4-7 more weeks to go...
Thanks for the clarification. I am new to the car modification world. I've been trying to catch up with online videos and reading

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
JLT when you get s chance could you do a couple revs or drive by with the intake?

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Dan fish, the one video has revs sitting still in it. drive bys with this car have more exhaust sound than intake.

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
the intake is just about sound..

the stock orifice is all the flow that can come into the intake.. jtl intake inlet compressed the stock orifice. as shown in there posted video..

unless you want to claim sucking in hot air.

beers
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.