OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
The filter will be fine, just do not expect any power gains. The factory CAI is very efficient. The FP filter is made by Airade.
Yeah, not doing it for gains but have a spare when it's time to change the stock one.

I'm not familiar with Airade. Is it supposed to be a good company or...?
Sponsored

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Yeah, not doing it for gains but have a spare when it's time to change the stock one.

I'm not familiar with Airade. Is it supposed to be a good company or...?
You can use a K&N air filter, but be careful with the oil. When you clean the K&N air filter and if you use to much oil it can get onto the MAS and effect its reading. I myself like throw away air filters. Airade has been around for awhile. If your wanting red or blue go with Amsoil or Airade, if color doesn't matter get another stock one.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've heard the same as others have stated about there being no gains with aftermarket intakes. I decided to stick with my "everything Ford Performance" theme and ordered the FP air filter (which is made by Airaid). Just installed it yesterday and am very happy with it. Didn't feel any gains but the quality of the filter is definitely a step up from the paper OEM one...plus I think it looks a lot better. Seems like this is your best bet for a mod as far as the intake side goes.
IMG_5824.jpg

Last edited:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard the same as others have stated about there being no gains with afternarket intakes. I decided to stick with my "everything Ford Performance" theme and orders the FP air filter (which is made by Airaid). Just installed it yesterday and am very happy with it. Didn't feel any gains but the quality of the filter is definitely a step up from the paper OEM one...plus I think it looks a lot better. Seems like this is your best bet for a mod as far as the intake side goes.
Why would you buy it for extra 20 bucks from Ford... :shrug:

Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Why would you buy it for extra 20 bucks from Ford... :shrug:
I preferred the blue filter to the red (I think the blue is exclusive to the FP but I'm not 100% sure) and I wanted to stick with all FP products (I know it's the same as the standard Airaid one but still...) so the extra $20 wasn't a big deal to me.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I preferred the blue filter to the red (I think the blue is exclusive to the FP but I'm not 100% sure) and I wanted to stick with all FP products (I know it's the same as the standard Airaid one but still...) so the extra $20 wasn't a big deal to me.
Just for clarification, the blue filter is available under the Airaid brand as well. That's the one I have.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just for clarification, the blue filter is available under the Airaid brand as well. That's the one I have.
I'll remember that when it comes time to replace :thumbsup:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
The blue is not exclusive to Ford, but it comes in different grades. Lethal has them but shipping charges escalates the price...

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Link to FP filter please?

Sponsored

Speedwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Its really too much BS for 1 or 2HP gain. I say go with whatever makes you happier. I personally like JLT but that's just me. Stock air box works to if thats what you want. Its all relative.

OP
OP
AndreiD

AndreiD

converted Ford fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2009 BMW X6 50i, 2012 BMW K1300R
Its really too much BS for 1 or 2HP gain. I say go with whatever makes you happier. I personally like JLT but that's just me. Stock air box works to if thats what you want. Its all relative.
Agree!:cheers:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What people fail to realize is the stock CAI is great and the problem is the throttle body is the restriction. Ford performance flaunted the idea of a 92 and 100mm TB for awhile but like always never delivered.
My understanding with the throttle body thing was it was never delivered because IT didn't deliver. At least not within a price range that made sense.

Most of the factory hardware seems to be pretty reasonably done especially for the price. Where I think Ford could have done a better job though was with the factory headers. I know they ran into packaging issues but I have a hard time believing it was that big of a headache to make a tubular manifold have 4 dedicated runners as opposed to the 1 to 3-2-1 design. Frankly, I think they're just a mess.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
My understanding with the throttle body thing was it was never delivered because IT didn't deliver. At least not within a price range that made sense.

Most of the factory hardware seems to be pretty reasonably done especially for the price. Where I think Ford could have done a better job though was with the factory headers. I know they ran into packaging issues but I have a hard time believing it was that big of a headache to make a tubular manifold have 4 dedicated runners as opposed to the 1 to 3-2-1 design. Frankly, I think they're just a mess.
Honestly when I removed my stock headers when I was working with ARH a few winters ago prototyping them, the stock ones are not all that bad. Gotta remember this is a fpc engine not CPC so the pulse is totally different.
Sponsored