Sponsored

JLT CAI vs Ford performance

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Autonation White Bear Lake sells that same FRPP / Airraid filter for $69.99. Just picked one up myself
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
In my experience trying the JLT it does not provide as much 'cold' air to the engine as the stock setup. The intake air temps were much higher with the JLT than the stock. The stock runs about 7 degrees higher than ambient air temp at speed. The JLT was around 20 degrees higher. Plus I didn't like the intake sound with it so I took it off.

I disagree with this. My JLT is at or within 4° of ambient within a few hundred feet of driving when stopped at a light. This has been the case with my last four mustangs that have had JLT systems installed, as well as other systems. If you are seeing a 20° variance, then the snorkle, airbox, or foam blockoff barrier is not installed correctly. This was seen as recently as today with ambient temps of 89°, and my IAT was 93° at 55mph on a two lane.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Is the FP filter paper or oil based?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't like the heltzholm resonator's on the stock box & tube so I installed an Airaid "tube" with the AEM drop-in and called it good until I get a tuner. Never seen the FRPP filter, 1st. I've heard of it.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
I disagree with this. My JLT is at or within 4° of ambient within a few hundred feet of driving when stopped at a light. This has been the case with my last four mustangs that have had JLT systems installed, as well as other systems. If you are seeing a 20° variance, then the snorkle, airbox, or foam blockoff barrier is not installed correctly. This was seen as recently as today with ambient temps of 89°, and my IAT was 93° at 55mph on a two lane.
At least you guys recognize the big elephant in the room. Without IAT data and/or the tune to keep the computer from pulling timing, all the dyno testing in the world is useless. I searched high and low but never really got to the bottom of the hood open/closed difference. So I tested it myself. On a Boss 302, it can be over 30 hp variation due to IAT alone as you probably already know.
Sponsored