Jeans staining ceramic leather?

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I've had my car for about 6 weeks and I even got a leather protectant put on from the dealer. There are obvious blue marks on the ceramic colored vinyl (on the seat bolster) that are from blue jeans. I've been in to the dealer twice but they can't get it off and simply told me that it's part of owning a car with light colored leather. I've had multiple cars with light colored leather and this hasn't happened. Can anyone else with the ceramic leather comment on this? Has anyone else ever had this happen to one of their cars? I have a feeling I drove the car too soon after they applied the "leather protectant" and it soaked up the blue jean dye and stained my seats.
Sponsored

Budwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The vinyl/leather on these cars is just crap tbh and I know from experience. Regardless if anyone else has seen this Ford wont do anything guaranteed.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Kali leather life or Zaino Leather cleaner. If it is really bad, saddle soap. I have the same problem in my Denali. After 30K miles, it is hard to get off. Rub light with a white cloth...white cloth only...Then, use seat covers.

RCstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver
I've had my car for about 6 weeks and I even got a leather protectant put on from the dealer. There are obvious blue marks on the ceramic colored vinyl (on the seat bolster) that are from blue jeans. I've been in to the dealer twice but they can't get it off and simply told me that it's part of owning a car with light colored leather. I've had multiple cars with light colored leather and this hasn't happened. Can anyone else with the ceramic leather comment on this? Has anyone else ever had this happen to one of their cars? I have a feeling I drove the car too soon after they applied the "leather protectant" and it soaked up the blue jean dye and stained my seats.
Try contacting a local Upholstery Shop over the dealer, They just might have more knowledge on what is going on and be able to correct the materials color. I used a upholstery shop on a customers leather interior for marks on the passenger seat and it came out tops. Worth a try

OP
OP
JM7225

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Try contacting a local Upholstery Shop over the dealer, They just might have more knowledge on what is going on and be able to correct the materials color. I used a upholstery shop on a customers leather interior for marks on the passenger seat and it came out tops. Worth a try
How much money are we talking to get it removed by an upholstery shop?

Sponsored

OP
OP
JM7225

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Seriously though, this is acceptable? 6 week old car and the sides of my seats are a blue tint and that's ok? There needs to be a disclaimer on this light leather in that case. That's complete shit.

ponygrl65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christine
Vehicle(s)
'05 Jeep GC
I've read about this same issue in the Jeep forum with the new Jeeps. Maybe the leather quality is getting cheaper across the board. Kinda sucks since you pay a higher price for leather. You shouldn't have to worry about what you are wearing before getting into your car.

OP
OP
JM7225

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I've read about this same issue in the Jeep forum with the new Jeeps. Maybe the leather quality is getting cheaper across the board. Kinda sucks since you pay a higher price for leather. You shouldn't have to worry about what you are wearing before getting into your car.
No kidding! If I would have known this I would have got black leather. Let it be known to anyone thinking about ceramic leather interior it will stain from wearing jeans. As stupid as it sounds it's true. The guy at the dealership suggested I "not wear denim when I drive it". Lmao that's not an acceptable answer for a $5k upgrade where the main part is leather.

Glory Daze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
I bought some Armorall cleaning wipes( like baby wipes) that I keep in the glove box. I clean my seat bolster with them every couple of days, works great.

Sponsored

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
The black may hide the dirt better but I can see it will wear easily. I have resorted to making a simple seat cover to protect the bolster. Go buy a light colored bath towel that is close to the ceramic color. At the top of the towel, sew a 6 inch piece of elastic. Drape the towel over the seat and put the elastic over the head rest so that it lays around the head rest bars. Make sure the towel covers the seat when you get in and out so that it fully protects the seat and bolster. The best part is that the towel can be removed in seconds if you want to show the interior of if they need to be washed.
Patent Pending

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
You should go to a seat cover center if you have one what restores old cars. I did order on eBay 100% white leather with black faces. When I got them, the white leather had all over the place ink marks from the cutter. I got my money back and the leather was in my basement for couple month. When my wife asked me to put them in the trash bin, I actually put the box in my trunk and drove with a couple addresses around to check out who can get the ink marks out. I tried before that a lot of "holy cleaning" products but nothing would help.

The 1st place I did go to, said right away: No problem. Do you like to get them installed after cleaning for $600? Yes for sure.

Long story short. Yes you can get this marks out. Every company who restores old cars should be able to help you. BTW: They used a professional steam cleaner to clean leather.

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
I bought some Armorall cleaning wipes( like baby wipes) that I keep in the glove box. I clean my seat bolster with them every couple of days, works great.
I second this. I have a 2014 Explorer with Light Stone interior and after a few days I noticed some discoloration from my jeans. Armorall wipes every few days gets them off for me. Having said that, the only reason I went with Lt Stone interior is because my lease was up on my 2011 and that was what they had in stock that had the same features I wanted. Light colored leather is a PITA; My buddy's BMW has the same issue with much nicer leather.

AnthonyWHAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You know, I have been wondering why the response from dealers are usually dumb. I mean, you are given a choice of what color seating you want...then you're told not to wear certain type of clothing?!

My 14 Lariat has the Pale Adobe color on the interior...8 months later, drivers seat is slightly stained. It's pretty crummy that this happens on our cars/trucks...but I guess the morale of the story is not to get a light colored interior if you plan on wearing any/certain clothing?:shrug:

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I used the Zaino leather cleaner on my light colored leather couch, and it did a great job. I've never used it on car leather, though.
Sponsored