Sponsored

Jeans staining ceramic leather?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Sorry that you had to go through this.

Reason number 874 why I only get black interiors. Spilling coffee or whatever is no big deal.
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I've had my car for about 6 weeks and I even got a leather protectant put on from the dealer. There are obvious blue marks on the ceramic colored vinyl (on the seat bolster) that are from blue jeans. I've been in to the dealer twice but they can't get it off and simply told me that it's part of owning a car with light colored leather. I've had multiple cars with light colored leather and this hasn't happened. Can anyone else with the ceramic leather comment on this? Has anyone else ever had this happen to one of their cars? I have a feeling I drove the car too soon after they applied the "leather protectant" and it soaked up the blue jean dye and stained my seats.
My wife's Mercedes does this. It's the jeans not the leather. She uses a magic eraser then puts Lexol on after.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Another vote for Kali leather life. I had some blue on my LE seats and it came right off

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
BTW I can't believe anybody would blame the leather. That is flat our stupid.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea I was thinking it probably is more the jeans than the leather. Brand new jeans that havent been washed more than once or twice leak dye when they get hot/wet.

Sponsored

superdave592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 3.55
This is going to be common I saw one at the dealer lot noticed the blue transfer right away couldn't have been sat in much only at the dealer 2 days

OP
OP
JM7225

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Sounds like Kali leather cleaner might be the winner to get this out, is that what the consensus thinks?

RobD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT
This sucks...... and ford will do nothing.....very disappointing. There was a time when leather seats held up better than cloth.

OP
OP
JM7225

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
I agree. Very disappointing that it can't stay reasonably clean.

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
I use a cleaning solution called Spray 9. It's $5 at any home depot. It's a very strong cleaner but doesn't harm the leather. Used it on my beige interior to clean off years of grime and I was amazed at the difference in color when I was done. Didn't realize how dirty my seats actually were :shrug: I have since made it part of my detailing arsenal. Haven't come across a stain yet that it hasn't been able to get rid of. I've even used it as a shampoo on my floor mats. The only thing I will caution is that you spray it on a rag and rub it onto the seat, don't spray the seat directly.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Spray-Nine-32-oz-Multi-Purpose-Cleaner-26832/100375980

EDIT: As an afterthought, this should be common sense, but obviously test it on an inconspicuous area first to ensure there are no ill effects. Same applies to any cleaning products you use..
Sponsored