JDM style wheels on S550

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Got my JDM goodies delivered last week. Gotta get the holes drilled out and the rest of the supporting cast (tires, lug nuts, TMPS sensors) ordered and I'll be ready to roll.

IMG_2167.png

Snooty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, manual, magneride, race red
Zombie thread!

Do the TPMS sensors function with the Work CR2P?

Sponsored

Snooty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikael
Vehicle(s)
You'd have to specify TMPS compatibility when ordering the wheel.
Awesome.

Should be placing my order for some Work CR2P's any day now.

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Awesome.

Should be placing my order for some Work CR2P's any day now.
Other thing to ensure: m14 wheel stud compatibility, most JDM wheels are cut in m12 You’d end up having to redrill to m14 stud holes For the Mustang.

Post an update when you get them!

Snooty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikael
Vehicle(s)
Other thing to ensure: m14 wheel stud compatibility, most JDM wheels are cut in m12 You’d end up having to redrill to m14 stud holes For the Mustang.

Post an update when you get them!
Thanks for the heads up! I’ve already asked for a second hole in the barrel to accomodate the TPMS sensor, will request that sizing too. Can’t wait!! I’m going with glim silver centre with polished step lip. Should go cracker with my race red 2021 GT

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Mmmm, they're so good.

rrivers28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Since this thread seems a little more active, bronze, gt silver, or keep gloss black wheels on magnetic metallic?

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Since this thread seems a little more active, bronze, gt silver, or keep gloss black wheels on magnetic metallic?
Purely subjective but all look good imho.

Bronze can look good given its the right shade. Like in terms of JDM wheels, Volk OG Bronze (anodized) is King, it’s way better than Blast Bronze, there’s other JDM shades of bronze like Burnt Umber as well. Some bronze shades look almost gold-ish. Checkout Nightparade’s old magnetic build from when he ran Bronze Work TR7’s iirc https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...gnetic-gt-track-spec-build.80543/post-1994713

GT silver would look nice as it’s a start contrast to the Magnetic metallic. It’ll visually seem like GT sliver is brighter because of it. Mercury Silver is my favorite shade of JDM silvers.

I have a love hate relationship with black wheels. It hides the lines of the face of the wheels sometimes.

so yeah subjective. I’d suggest if you’re looking for wheel options checking out the huge wheel thread. Or if you’re feeling brave check out the Photoshop thread and ask someone to photoshop some wheels on a good Side pic of your car.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

rrivers28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Purely subjective but all look good imho.

Bronze can look good given its the right shade. Like in terms of JDM wheels, Volk OG Bronze (anodized) is King, it’s way better than Blast Bronze, there’s other JDM shades of bronze like Burnt Umber as well. Some bronze shades look almost gold-ish. Checkout Nightparade’s old magnetic build from when he ran Bronze Work TR7’s iirc https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...gnetic-gt-track-spec-build.80543/post-1994713

GT silver would look nice as it’s a start contrast to the Magnetic metallic. It’ll visually seem like GT sliver is brighter because of it. Mercury Silver is my favorite shade of JDM silvers.

I have a love hate relationship with black wheels. It hides the lines of the face of the wheels sometimes.

so yeah subjective. I’d suggest if you’re looking for wheel options checking out the huge wheel thread. Or if you’re feeling brave check out the Photoshop thread and ask someone to photoshop some wheels on a good Side pic of your car.

Hope that helps
That is a massive help! I'm looking to get some work emotions so it would be their gt silver or their bronze. I'm pretty tired of the black wheels at this point exactly for the reasons you said, so definitely looking to change it up. Thanks again!

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
That is a massive help! I'm looking to get some work emotions so it would be their gt silver or their bronze. I'm pretty tired of the black wheels at this point exactly for the reasons you said, so definitely looking to change it up. Thanks again!
Glad that helps, Work bronze is a great shade! Here’s an example of Emotion Kawami’s on the S550 I think I’m GT Silver you can get an idea off that.

Sponsored