NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nice work! :thumbsup: I'm a big fan of your build and follow your adventures on IG as well. The new Work Wheels look amazing! Keep it up!:cheers:
Thank you, I love your Guard as well !!!

Wow, both cars look great. Seeing those wheels with with the 295's pretty much seals the deal for me. I've been looking at Works as well (don't worry, not the same exact wheel), so knowing that set up works is great to see. Very well done!
Yeah 295s look perfect on the 10.5 width IMO, good luck with your search :)

Wow Justin. That's going big alright! The car(s) look awesome. The wings going to have to grow on me, but from a high speed functional standpoint, I bet it works well. Keep it up.
Im still getting used to it myself haha, Thanks though i appreciate it.

Looks crazy... I like! :D
:headbang::headbang::headbang:

stormhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP, Roush Passive Quads
Love the T7R's! I've been a fan of them since I saw them on an E63 wagon.

On my build list are these or Advan GT's on my Guard Green.

... mind you, these in the bronze on GG would be <3

Side note - I see you're hosting on photobucket - you might want to double check that 3rd party viewing is enabled. They've been nancies about with some bandwidth limit malarchy.

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone, I hope all are doing well and had a relaxing Labor day this past weekend. I wanted to share a few small updates on the car and some recent pictures I've taken.

Im sure as most have heard Photobucket is no longer a free service and pretty much wanting to charge upwards of $400 for 3rd party linking of images. Unfortunately i have been using them for the past few years and refuse to pay that insane amount to host my pictures so you will probably see all my other posts as a broken link now :( There is a solution im using though that will work for those chrome as their browser to add an extension and be able and view these pictures still. Just click this link here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...bucket/cdngpnpgjighldbibdgpddaieidknhlf?hl=en I hope that helps a few people out.

Anyways, i haven't been doing to much lately in regards to my GT besides driving around with buddies, attending meets and simply enjoying the heck out of it. I was supposed to be driving in a track day event last Wednesday along with some other S550s at Circuit of the Americas but unfortunately wasn't able to make it due to everything that went down in Houston with hurricane Harvey just a few days prior. However i count myself very blessed and fortunate to had made it through the flooding with my vehicles and house still intact and undamaged.

I did do a few aesthetic changes under the hood and also installed a racing stripes kit i purchased from Big worm graphics.
I installed these in my garage one night and the kit from big worm was all pre cut and made everything go smoothly, just takes some time and patience. You definitely need a heat gun to properly apply everything if your attempting a DIY. I decided to go with the gloss black stripes with silver metallic pin stripe to match all my other vinyl on the car and the overall theme. I'm very happy with how they turned out and the extra sporty vibe the car now gives off. Also a buddy of mine wrapped the roof gloss black, can't take credit for that. He's done it on several S550s so i let him go at it, and it came out perfect haha.

AP9jUL.jpg

MWHjpW.jpg

I4rMFv.jpg

LvUqUk.jpg

zsrZuV.jpg

djgQMz.jpg

zkJFYF.jpg

p3w0jW.jpg

1wuyQX.jpg

As i said, i also changed a few things under the hood. Before i had the FRPP blue timing covers and the blue Ford performance cone filter at the end of my Cobra jet Cai. I wanted to go for a sleeker and blacked out theme with the yellow accents so i winded up painting my stock covers black for the time being to see how it looks and will probably get some oem GT350 covers since they are pretty inexpensive and would look even nicer. I also swapped out the filter for the yellow oem GT350 one since it turned out to be the same inlet size :clap2:
I got rid of the red and blue from the raised Ford logo on the CJ manifold as well and went back over it with a small paint brush and some black model paint i had laying around. It has a little texture to the logo so i might go back over it and sand it down and re paint but for now you can really notice except being up close.

J8Y9bP.jpg

ZGFR6f.jpg

I also just ordered the Steeda reverse lock out collar in black for the interior to clean things up a bit and it being a one piece solid design, also the remote mounting lines from UPR to re position my catch can to the strut tower area getting out of the way of the clutter in the front near the intake. I have my OPGs and crank sprocket still sitting on my desk from just lack of time with work, hurricanes and everything else going on lately, but plan to install them soon so i can rev out juuuuust a little more maybe to 8250 and complete my journey of becoming "poor mans 350" lol :thumbsup:

Here are a few other shots i got at the airport base near my house. Thanks!
ZgggD6.jpg

LVgVyP.jpg

1SdlOr.jpg

W9A9G8.jpg

7Ll972.jpg

63ZseU.jpg

spQPOa.jpg

TFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Oof. nice pics!

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Do your air bags work with the corbeau seats ?

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Wow i guess time flies, i blinked and almost 4 months have passed and i haven't updated my build haha. Hopefully everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

I guess one of the main things that have changed recently is that I was able to pick up some stage 3 Comp Cams from a fellow 6g member @2016s550gt. After much contemplating i decided to stay on the NA route and finish off the motor aspect with installing my billet OPGS that have been sitting around collecting dust on my desk along with the newly acquired cams in hopes of hitting the 500 hp mark.

OmfQcC.jpg

TxTaAI.jpg

JEGK6V.jpg

After everything was back together Jon Jr. from Lund sent me a tune and it ran great right off the bat, a few revisions later and it was fully dialed in ready to go. The following weekend I was able to drive it at a local road course event held by MSR Houston on my birthday Dec. 16th and it was a blast. Street driving took a little getting used to I did notice a loss in torque down low under 4k from the cams but it is not too bad, once you pass over the 4500 mark it really screams all the way to 8200 and feels much linear, revs out much smoother and overall faster than before.

aFHh6a.jpg

WgfpKt.jpg

eCgFAJ.jpg

SPrfNt.jpg

DtTUgh.jpg

About 2 weeks ago i went back to the dyno hopefully to hit my goal, i know the car felt faster in the power band but i wanted to see it on the rollers and know if the cam install was really worth it or not :p

g4i29z.jpg

[ame]
[ame]

GUt1n9.jpg

Results! 515HP 401TQ
Mods include :
Cobrajet Manifold
VMP Twin 67mm Throttle body
Ford performance CAI
ARH Longtubes
Comp Stage 3 Cams
47LB injectors
Lund tuned on E85

Was beyond happy with what it made, also right before swapping the cams in i had dynoed previously at 465hp so increase of 50 peak HP gains in case anyone was wondering.:clap2:

Also you might notice the wing missing for the dyno sesh. I actually found a full spare wingless trunk that was already painted magnetic for a great deal. So i figured why not pick it up and rock in the streets to stay a little more discrete lol. Even though the stang isn't my daily and I love the wing it does draw a lot of attention some times and i feel like everyone is staring at me when driving around. I couldn't just leave it plain Jane since this will be my primary trunk lid from now on so I picked up a 2018 blank ford performance deck lid and Space City V4 howler badge, then applied some left over strip material to match the rest of the car and finish it off. The wing trunk will be on standby for track days or when i just feel like being a ricer haha.

hpnXTN.jpg

PxxoXb.jpg

obHJtn.jpg

Right now I'm preparing for the next track day coming up in about a week, but have been just enjoying the car taking it to meets and driving around on cruises. One present from Santa was an external mic setup for my go pro that should make for some interesting videos so look for those coming up. Here are a few other pictures I've taken while being out and about, Thanks :thumbsup:

QKZ4UR.jpg

oRrtvM.jpg

DZ9mkX.jpg

oHOD1N.jpg

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Love it! Probably on of my favorite builds. Also love these 2 shots you posted.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup::cheers:
1.jpg
2.jpg

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I like the rocker decals and am doing some myself, you have "Balls" to reverse those decals on the right or left, depending from where you are looking from. I will do business with Drew's Decals soon. Also if any Houstonian mechanics need work Port Lavaca shops are hiring. Even a shop for sale there.

TFMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
So awesome!
514whp! Wooo!

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys! Been a little while. Wanted to update the thread on what has been going down the past few months. Things kind of took a turn to the wild side and we now have some good ol' glorious Boost:amen:

Wasn't really planning on going forced induction and was pretty satisfied with my NA build thus far, then i came across a crazy deal locally on a Procharger stage 2 kit with D1SC headunit. With a price that was really hard to turn down and with a little bit of peer pressure from some close friends, plus given the fact that my tax return had just come in and bam thats all it took haha.

I decided i could sell my Cobrajet setup, with throttle body, injectors, and Ford performance cai to further recoup some of the money from the Procharger kit which i was able to do thankfully. In return i had seen the affordable option of the 2018 manifolds and the impressive gains they were delivering NA and thought it would work well with boost so i picked one of those up locally as well and deleted the IMRC solenoids and locked the runners open. I had become accustomed to running the sweet nectar of E85 and with many stations locally to my house here in Houston didn't really want to give it up and decided i would go ahead and just run a fuel system from the get go.
So a Sai Li kit was purchased at first because i was all about just getting the job done and even though it is simple seemed to be effective. More on this in a little bit.

So me and my friend that also has an identical procharger setup on his S550 helped install mine on the car. It was pretty simple for the most part with the most frustrating thing just trying to fit the intercooler pipes in the really tight spaces. My kit that i purchased already had an upgraded aluminum hotside pipe with the "Big Red" bov and larger 4" intake tube made by boostworks. After working on the car here and there at night after my regular day job, within about a weeks time went by and it was all ready to go. This was back in Febuary then when it was all on the car and done but I ran into a few issues with vacuum line routing, coming from the cobrajet it was a little different with a stock style manifold so i had to get another 4 way check valve block from Ford and re do the lines and then it was all good... so i thought. Kept having some drive-ability issues from there like upon cold start the cars rpms would be super rough and fall almost all the way down and stall out then rise way back up and eventually come down to normal as it warmed up. I could live with a not so smooth cold start but was also having an issue at low speeds the car would hit a patch of full lean conditions taking off from a start between 1000-2000 rpms and would just hesitate if any throttle was applied. My tuner at the time (not gonna call anyone out, my car ran perfect on the NA setup before) was steady sending me revisions and it seemed like all i would do is come home from work and data log, this went on for weeks but could not get rid of the issues. I understand the maf location of the pro-charger makes it more difficult to tune because it is just in the side of the inter cooler before the cold side pipe leading to the throttle body instead as of actually being inside of a round pipe and my car just didn't want to play nice. After a while of just going back over everything and pulling my hair out because i just wanted to drive to a meet or go for a drive and enjoy the car with this new found power finally it seemed to be getting a bit better and was able to do some wot pulls to 7200. Then we found out quickly that the sai li kit just wasn't going to be enough in the higher rpms and i was running out of pump and couldn't flow enough to keep up.

r7uO65.jpg

YVGdtr.jpg

3cg3kv.jpg

rCvFjU.jpg

I didn't really realize i guess how much power my car would be putting down, it did have 1 size smaller pulley with 4.75 rather than stock 4.88 plus the cams still so i then looked at an alternative route for a fuel system and with the help and advise of Jeff Grey here locally at Hellhorse Performance decided to purchase a Fore innovations dual pump kit through him. I always scoffed previously at these systems thinking ohh its just way to overkill with needless expenses but once i saw the quality of the kit and everything it comes with i really wish i would have just saved myself the headache and trouble and purchased one from the beginning. So with this fuel system it has both -8 return and feed and is a true return style with twin walbro 450 pumps along with hobbs pressure switch to the 2nd pump will only activate when over 7 psi of boost.

I went ahead and had them install the kit since i was kind of burnt out by now but after it was done the car was still having the drive-ability issues at low speed, idling, and also bucking under load. Some other buddies of mine had switched over to boost recently as well and were running paxton kits tuned by Rob shoemaker. I spoke with him some and saw he had just moved to Florida recently to be tuning under Palm beach Dyno there and decided to let them have a crack at my car and see if it could be re tuned to run properly because i just wanted to enjoy it again after spending the past few months trying to get it going. Within about 10 days i had my final tune and the car was running like a champ, idle is so smooth it even made my ridiculous loud head unit seem a tad bit quieter now because it was right in the sweet spot of rpms haha. Also no more weird lean hesitation running through low rpms and even was getting 3-4 mpgs better on E85. Now reving out to 8k how i like it, without any fuel starvation thanks to the Fore system. Just hit the Dyno this past Friday and the rest is in the past and results are posted below...

DEbG6H.jpg

ivR7cl.jpg

7LdXVt.jpg

gpvXq1.jpg

My awesome buddy/twin with the other Pro-charger that helped me install. He inspired me from the beginning and forced my hand to go forced induction :thumbsup: hehehe
53z1D9.jpg

Dyno
YmW6rN.jpg

4qb4ZT.jpg

cqLZ8Z.jpg

Q4u7ag.jpg

6ukkd5.png

[ame]

Engine mods:
Procharger stage II
D1SC with 4.75 pulley seeing 14.5 psi at 8k
Comp stage 3 NA cams
2018 Manifold with IMRCs locked out
Fore innovations twin pump kit
E85
tuned by Rob Shoemaker at PBD

It hauls, the power comes in a little later because of the cams but when it hits it pulls and pulls! Going to need some larger tires next then probably a clutch in the future :) Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: