Sponsored

January 2017 Mustang Sales

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Well wander how higher priced bigger profits is working now for the "super car":lol: All the huge discounts can't help the floundering camaro sales turkey. This goes to show that 99% of the people buying pony cars aren't buying them to race so a slight advantage in performance means nothing. I hope this is the nail in camaros coffin and soon well see 2002 again leaving Mustang the sole pony car. :ford:
That would be terrible and anyone with the common sense of a dry stick can see that.

Competition breeds innovation and success. I want the Camaro to improve and continue to challenge the Mustang to be better.
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Not bad. Just imagine what an ass kicking it'll be next fall when the 18 Comes out. Sales for Mustangs will pick up again and Camaro sales will just keep dropping. I didn't expect to see a great month for sale with all the political crap. But damn 3500ish. Time for a 20 percent off sale again.........For all of 2017!
Maybe even more lol

Can't wait to see the salt on the other forum.

"At least we got the supercar hueueueueue"

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I laid down factual opinions from when I was in the market for both cars on there yesterday and immediatly buthurt followed. AH well... I guess we get the same way about our cars.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
I laid down factual opinions from when I was in the market for both cars on there yesterday and immediatly buthurt followed. AH well... I guess we get the same way about our cars.
It's the usual Camaro5 and Camaro6 mindset...anything less than unambiguous adoration and excessive praise will result in dismissal, marginalization and other lovely situations.

Back before I got my Challenger I was a member at Camaro5 because I was in the market for a Camaro. The local Chevy dealers wouldn't budge off a $10,000 ADM where The Dodge dealers were hungry and agreed to MSRP with no strings attached, which around that time was fairly rare. The instant I announced my decision I became a pariah and the rules concerning not personally bashing members or not enforced when I was attacked. Eventually I was banned for life for "not exhibiting enthusiasm for the Camaro or the Chevrolet brand"

They are insecure echo chamber.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Did 2016 not teach us that facts don't matter? Lol

It's particularly so in echo chambers like enthusiasts forums, but the Camaro ones seem to be worse.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Did 2016 not teach us that facts don't matter? Lol

It's particularly so in echo chambers like enthusiasts forums, but the Camaro ones seem to be worse.
Ya. I've noticed that Camaro owners seems to be a bit more passionate (if that's even the right word) about their cars. All my friends who are chevrolet guys get offended over any bad talk about their cars. Of course the only arguments they ever use are how people swap LS into everything but that's more because you can run to a junkyard and pull out a full block under $1,000.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Well wander how higher priced bigger profits is working now for the "super car":lol: All the huge discounts can't help the floundering camaro sales turkey. This goes to show that 99% of the people buying pony cars aren't buying them to race so a slight advantage in performance means nothing. I hope this is the nail in camaros coffin and soon well see 2002 again leaving Mustang the sole pony car. :ford:
im with you,i hope the mustang puts the SCRAPMARO back into the grave too.i think FORD said with the new mustang meaning the 2015 they didnt look at the camaro,or something like that.the mustang is going beyond that.:lol::ford:

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Mustang owners can be just as 'fanatic'.

Its actually a trait common to most humans, especially those brought up in cultures where one's worth is measured by your material assets.

We invest large sums of time and money into our cars.
We are taught from an early age that cars are a representation of you to the world. A form of status. Peacock feathers. Its an accessory, a second skin.

When someone is critical of the car, it can be taken as a personal attack of the owner. That they are a failure as a consumer for not having 'the best'.
If people were truly not concerned over perception and status, they would not care one iota if someone bad mouthed their particular car. I think those who get really hot headed and passionate about seeing another car fail seem to have a fragile self esteem.

Some folks legitimately don't care about such things, and view the car as a utilitarian tool to get from A to B. Most pony car owners are not cut from that particular clot

Its the confluence of materialism and tribalism.

Us vs. Them.

It has socio-economic stratifications.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Ya. I've noticed that Camaro owners seems to be a bit more passionate (if that's even the right word) about their cars. All my friends who are chevrolet guys get offended over any bad talk about their cars. Of course the only arguments they ever use are how people swap LS into everything but that's more because you can run to a junkyard and pull out a full block under $1,000.
The LS is a good motor. A bit more SBF like than SBCish, but I digress. For all the praise, why have stock block and head/heads modular motors and 2JZ motors been much faster than any LS motor, aftermarket blocks and heads included.

The thing that makes no sense about the LS swap argument is the fact that there are tons of cheap GM cars out there for swaps. I frequent many different junkyards and they are all full of F bodys. I will even go one step further and say nowadays its easier and cheaper to find a F body than a Foxbody. Thats not even including all kinds of old RWD GM vehicles that can be had for $500. So why all the swapping. But... but... nobody swaps other motors into GM vehicles so those motors are garbage. But why would someone want to use a platform that GM enthusiasts don't even want to use. Its really monkey see monkey do. There is no logic behind it. And there doesn't have to be. Someone wants to do it with their money and that's all that matters. But when they try to justify it some other way, that's when it makes no sense.

Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I am not wishing GM demise, instead I hope muscle cars stick around for years to come.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Is "factual opinions" not a major contradiction? :D

Truth is these are similar but very different at the same time. Similar market, but attacking it in two different ways. Camaro is all out performance at the expense of everyday usability. Mustang is great performance with enough usability to live with (rear seat headroom aside, but still better than the Camaro even in that regard). Sales clearly show that a smaller portion of the market is interested in all out factory performance than in balance of performance and livability. Is that such a surprise? I guess it still is to some.

I would argue that the Ford model is even better for the enthusiasts as well because there is a significant amount of satisfaction in customizing the car, as it is more unique when you are done. Want better springs? There are many options. Want better straight line performance? Tune, supercharger, turbos. Again many options out there. And when you are done it is uniquely yours.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Is "factual opinions" not a major contradiction? :D

Truth is these are similar but very different at the same time. Similar market, but attacking it in two different ways. Camaro is all out performance at the expense of everyday usability. Mustang is great performance with enough usability to live with (rear seat headroom aside, but still better than the Camaro even in that regard). Sales clearly show that a smaller portion of the market is interested in all out factory performance than in balance of performance and livability. Is that such a surprise? I guess it still is to some.

I would argue that the Ford model is even better for the enthusiasts as well because there is a significant amount of satisfaction in customizing the car, as it is more unique when you are done. Want better springs? There are many options. Want better straight line performance? Tune, supercharger, turbos. Again many options out there. And when you are done it is uniquely yours.
Other advantages for the Mustang include appearance (subjective, but I think most agree), price, arguably sound (at least with an upgraded exhaust... also subjective, but again, I think most agree. higher redline is a fact), and braking performance.

And the 2018 looks like it will eliminate most of the Camaro's other advantages. We'll see.

I'm not a brand loyalist at all. I think the Corvette is a great car and nearly bought one a while ago, and I totally get the appeal of the Camaro to some... But I also get why the Mustang is beating it despite inferior performance.

Last edited:

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT