J0682 - Checking In

matmar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hello everyone. I've just picked up my new to me 2018 all black GT350 w/8,000 miles. I've been searching for a GT350 for months now and finally pulled the trigger on this one i found in Crosby, TX. It popped up on Cars.com Friday morning, and by Noon that day I was out the door with this beast.

First Mod: Detail, ceramic coating, and Red Shelby Lettering (picture)

Couple issues i've already identified:
  • Engine "Chatter": When cold and not under load, the pistons are chattering in side the cylinders between 2-3k RPM's. I can clearly hear it with windows up and is not something i'm new too, unfortunately. See 'piston slap' thread posted recently.
  • Oil Drip: I've got a leak under the drivers side engine bay but haven't pulled the belly pan to identify where yet. Its not a ton of oil but enough to investigate... any help on known issues from this side is helpful!
Even with the issues already, i'm in love with this car and glad I waited around for the color i wanted. More pics to come!
IMG_3487.jpg
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The rotating assembly is true fully forged. No hypereutectic silliness. You're gonna hear some clunks when cold. Also as far as the oil drip, take it in. You've got a warranty so might as well leverage it.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Hello everyone. I've just picked up my new to me 2018 all black GT350 w/8,000 miles. I've been searching for a GT350 for months now and finally pulled the trigger on this one i found in Crosby, TX. It popped up on Cars.com Friday morning, and by Noon that day I was out the door with this beast.

First Mod: Detail, ceramic coating, and Red Shelby Lettering (picture)

Couple issues i've already identified:
  • Engine "Chatter": When cold and not under load, the pistons are chattering in side the cylinders between 2-3k RPM's. I can clearly hear it with windows up and is not something i'm new too, unfortunately. See 'piston slap' thread posted recently.
  • Oil Drip: I've got a leak under the drivers side engine bay but haven't pulled the belly pan to identify where yet. Its not a ton of oil but enough to investigate... any help on known issues from this side is helpful!
Even with the issues already, i'm in love with this car and glad I waited around for the color i wanted. More pics to come!
IMG_3487.jpg
On the oil drip,
From experience, depending on how careful one was changing the oil filter, some oil could be spilled on top of the belly pan.
I had this happen and for a few days I saw drops of oil on my garage floor. No leaks just oil that was dripping from belly pan.
Probably should look at this as a possibility, before getting too excited.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Welcome. Nice car!

Nice building! Nice and empty...

Definitely have the leak checked. In addition to what’s suggested above, it could be your oil pressure sending unit- not uncommon.

OP
OP
matmar

matmar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
On the oil drip,
From experience, depending on how careful one was changing the oil filter, some oil could be spilled on top of the belly pan.
I had this happen and for a few days I saw drops of oil on my garage floor. No leaks just oil that was dripping from belly pan.
Probably should look at this as a possibility, before getting too excited.
Thanks All. Hoping it is this issue. The dealer changed the oil so they may have been messy while doing so. I have boards and ramps to pull the belly pan first to take a look. If I see any issue, off to the dealer she goes.

Deleted member 37397

Messy tech got me last summer, took it back, wasn’t sure if I had a leak or what, nope, spillage on the belly pan, they cleaned it up no biggie. Nice looking car! Let it warm up before you get on it though.
Sponsored