Sponsored

It's Here! My 2019 Mustang Bullitt Delivery and First Drive.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I've already commented earlier but I couldn't agree more with the gearing. I had a brembo mustang with the 373s in it and the gearing was much better than the 18 performance pack card I drove. I do not know why Ford geared them that way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Each to there own yes. But your way thinner and lighter than me. If you're worried about losing the heated seats then you should have bought a Lincoln. Your driving a sorts car, a muscle car not a float boat!!!
I feel sorry for you that you did not grow up in the original muscle car era of the 60's when men were men and power and sound was all that mattered.
The first thing we did when we gat a new muscle car was take the air cleaner off and add wider tires.
We drove by the seat of our pants and it was balls to the breeze.
The 2019 BULLITT (my second BULLITT, 2001) brings all of that back and at 68 years of age I'm loving it all over again.
AMEN, Steve McQueen
Haha wow, where to start with this comment...no, this is a 2019 model vehicle, where you can have nice features AND performance. Just because I wanted heated seats doesn't mean I don't care about performance. You're not the first macho guy to give me grief for not getting Recaros, sadly it seems like your type doesn't understand the idea that everyone likes something different and instead feel the need to insult others because they're not as fanatical as you. If I wanted to "rough it" without any modern features, I would have spent my 51 grand on a nice 68 fastback.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Totally agree. The standard leather seats are really good. I'm kinda on the slimmer side for my age in my 60s and I don't like the Recarros either.

Tim Kiely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2008 HG Bullitt #4007, 2019 DHG Bullitt #0373
The beauty of cars is that what I like and prefer doesn’t add or take away from anyone else’s likes or ideas. I love looking at different styles and makes, and appreciate others ideas and views. May not be my style or anything that I would own or drive, but I love them all just the same. Love of cars is beautiful!

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Totally agree. The standard leather seats are really good. I'm kinda on the slimmer side for my age in my 60s and I don't like the Recarros either.
Yup...I have passed over the
Haha wow, where to start with this comment...no, this is a 2019 model vehicle, where you can have nice features AND performance. Just because I wanted heated seats doesn't mean I don't care about performance. You're not the first macho guy to give me grief for not getting Recaros, sadly it seems like your type doesn't understand the idea that everyone likes something different and instead feel the need to insult others because they're not as fanatical as you. If I wanted to "rough it" without any modern features, I would have spent my 51 grand on a nice 68 fastback.
looks like something got misconstrued....at any rate, I too love the heated and cool seats as the summers here play hell on leather seats and I wouldn't have it any other way. As far as recaros go, nothing touches the seats I had in my 2012 boss mustang. Not sure why they had to go away from those seats as they were perfect! The gt 350 I use to own had the cool and heated seats too as i chose it over the recaros because the bolster was too much and hindered shifting which I guess over time you would get used to it.

It's nice to have options!!!

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I went with the Recaro's for basically two reasons:

1. I have always wanted then, but never have had them.
2. This is not a daily driver and will not be driven in the winter. If it was, I would have gotten the standard seats.

Having said that, I do like the Recaro's, and have no complaints.

I also think they help to make the car that little bit more special.

Last edited:

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I've noticed there is a small cadre on here who really enjoy telling you how you are required to enjoy your car... from seats, to badging, to rev matching off, to car covers. It's truly odd.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Unintentional or not the post came across as rude.

I would have thought the standard Bullitt seats would be more in keeping with the old muscle car theme than Recaros.

Oh well to each his own but poor form to criticise someone for their choice.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I feel sorry for you that you did not grow up in the original muscle car era of the 60's when men were men and power and sound was all that mattered.
I feel sorry for you that you saw fit to post a somewhat rude comment to someone younger who shows the passion for a car inspired by that era.

The first thing we did when we gat a new muscle car was take the air cleaner off and add wider tires.
Sure, that's an indication you wanted to enhance performance, much like all the people who are on here sharing their modification experiences and getting the same feelings after they modify their current generation Mustangs.

The 2019 BULLITT (my second BULLITT, 2001) brings all of that back and at 68 years of age I'm loving it all over again.
AMEN, Steve McQueen
That's great. And of all the Bullitt Mustangs, this one is the MOST REFINED of the three. I've had some people tell me it's like a Lincoln.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Each to there own yes. But your way thinner and lighter than me. If you're worried about losing the heated seats then you should have bought a Lincoln. Your driving a sorts car, a muscle car not a float boat!!!
AMEN, Steve McQueen
1. I like Matt’s YouTube videos. He does a good job and I enjoy his channel.
2. I too ordered Air Conditioned seats for my GT PP1 car. It gets hot down here in the south and with a black interior, I wasn’t going without the cooled seats. Going to Love having the performance and creature comforts all in one package.
3. IMO your post wasn’t rude. I chalked it up to the wonderful range of communication styles we get to experience on a international forum with folks of all back grounds and ages.

Sponsored

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
very cool, good luck with it! I picked mine up on 10/10 got to drive about 350 miles before the crappy weather hit here in NC. I just want to drive this baby everywhere. Maybe I need to fine a better weather area to live!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
very cool, good luck with it! I picked mine up on 10/10 got to drive about 350 miles before the crappy weather hit here in NC. I just want to drive this baby everywhere. Maybe I need to fine a better weather area to live!
I know the feeling its almost an addiction.!
Come to Auckland and drive on the wrong side of the road

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yeah, only driving my Bullitt once every week or two on the rare nice days is already annoying me and it's only December, it'll be a long winter! Hoping to be able to afford a snowbird house somewhere warm eventually, and if I do I'll definitely be taking the Bullitt with me.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Yeah, only driving my Bullitt once every week or two on the rare nice days is already annoying me and it's only December, it'll be a long winter! Hoping to be able to afford a snowbird house somewhere warm eventually, and if I do I'll definitely be taking the Bullitt with me.
I'm down to once every three weeks, trying to catch a dry mild weekend...….It's like driving it all over again for the first time...….The couple of times I took it out, while it was sunny, it was cool 7-8C, and I disc oved how these tires don't like it that cold on short trips when you cant get them up to temps/pressure...

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Don't move to NC, we're going to double the rain/snow average inches! The only saving grace is that I came from CO 2 years ago: The year I left they had a 4' snow that lasted 4 months on the ground mostly snow melt then freeze then do all over again, week after week. Maybe I'll try San Diego next...
frank
Sponsored