Sponsored

It's Here! My 2019 Mustang Bullitt Delivery and First Drive.

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
Congrats :). Feels good eh. I just picked up my18 3 days ago :)
Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I'll be having them fix it on Thursday. I told them I don't want to do any repaint if they can avoid it. Hoping it'll just be a wet sand, touch up and buff job. Fingers crossed.
Hope it works out to your satisfaction! I’ve seen really good shops brush matching touch up paint in the scratches, wet sand, respray a clear coat over the area, wet sand and buff. If it’s done well you can’t even tell. On the other end of the spectrum I’ve seen less skilled shops that will just insist on repainting the door to make the scratches disappear.

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Doing first oil change at 5,000 miles. I know some do it much earlier, but I'm following Ford's recommendations exactly on this car. Will be putting in either the Motorcraft blend that's recommended or the Motorcraft synthetic, haven't decided yet. I know it's not the best oil out there either, but again, following the manual on this one at least until the warranty is up.
Hi Matt, a couple of questions:

How are the seats? Are they any different than your 2016 Mustang GT?

How is the power band? Does it feel more torquey than your 2016 in the lower revs, or is all the power up high as you rev-up the engine?

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hi Matt, a couple of questions:

How are the seats? Are they any different than your 2016 Mustang GT?

How is the power band? Does it feel more torquey than your 2016 in the lower revs, or is all the power up high as you rev-up the engine?
Seats are great! Same shape as the 2016 just with the extra ribbing pattern in the leather. As for power band, I talked about it in my review video I posted last week. Less torquey feeling unfortunately due to the taller gearing but lots of rip up top. In between a regular GT and GT350 in feeling. Here's the video link if you'd like more elaboration:

White_GT_CS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Seats are great! Same shape as the 2016 just with the extra ribbing pattern in the leather. As for power band, I talked about it in my review video I posted last week. Less torquey feeling unfortunately due to the taller gearing but lots of rip up top. In between a regular GT and GT350 in feeling. Here's the video link if you'd like more elaboration:
Thanks, Matt. Based on your review, it appears that the 2018/2019 Mustangs are very similar to pre-refresh Mustangs. Similar engine, similar powerband (though more power up top), similar transmission, same interior for non-Premium models, etc.

I'm now leaning more towards cancelling my '19 Bullitt order and keeping my '17 GT.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Every GT350 owner on this forum thinks his car is a POS. They use too much oil, they have bumper issues, they grenade engines, the quality is rubbish, they make crap daily’s and they wish they’d bought a Porsche.

Some on the forum might envy a GT350 owner, but I don’t think too many Bullitt buyers do.
This has got to be the dumbest thing I have read on this forum.....ever.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Congrats Matt on a beautiful car. I miss the Burgh. I imagine driving in the hills is fun.

Mr. Brutus

Mr. Brutus
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brutus
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby
great review Matt, sorry if I missed it, but how did the scratch repair go? It would be good to know for future reference, because, as we know, stuff happens :facepalm:

Thx

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
great review Matt, sorry if I missed it, but how did the scratch repair go? It would be good to know for future reference, because, as we know, stuff happens :facepalm:

Thx
You can find all of Matt's videos on his YouTube channel.

Scratch repair update video:

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Congrats Matt on a beautiful car. I miss the Burgh. I imagine driving in the hills is fun.
Thanks! Yeah it's awesome to have more grip now on the twisty back roads around here. My previous Mustangs had the all-season tires so I never had a ton of confidence on a spirited drive. Now with these Michelins, I have all the grip I need.

Sponsored

kenz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt premium
Matt

I just picked up my Bullitt and can't figure out how to get the "Bullitt " to appear on the dashboard screen. There must be some secret to it.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt

I just picked up my Bullitt and can't figure out how to get the "Bullitt " to appear on the dashboard screen. There must be some secret to it.
There's nothing you need to do. When you turn it on, sometimes it shows more of the animation than other times, but it's always there for at least a second. If yours doesn't come up automatically you might want to have the service department look into it. Maybe it wasn't programmed right.

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
Just picked it up yesterday from Lebanon Ford! This is chassis number K0095 but is actually VIN 12! One of the first 5 Bullitts delivered I think. I elaborate a lot more in the video but here's the cliff notes and a few other things I didn't mention in the video:
Absolutely love the rev match.
Exhaust sounds amazing, with more crackles and pops than even the 2018 GT with Active Exhaust that I previously drove.
Pre-production cars had a unique Dark Highland Green MyColor for the gauges, but it's not present as an option in my gauge cluster so must have been removed last minute for production versions.
Taller gearing with the 18+ manuals takes a little getting used to and makes it feel a little less torquey than my 2016 with 3.55s.
Sadly the truck driver put a few scratches in my passenger door at some point. Dealership wrote me an I-O-U and hopefully my body shop can fix it without doing any repainting.

If you have any questions about the car after watching the video, feel free to ask and I'll try and answer as quickly as I can (hard to be on the computer much when all I want to do is drive it haha).
[ame]
forum 1.jpg
forum 2.jpg
forum 3.jpg
forum 4.jpg
forum 5.jpg
forum 6.jpg
forum 7.jpg
Watched your review of the 2019 BULLITT on uTube. Could NOT disagree with you more about the Recaro seats. The Recaro's are FANTASTIC!!!
I am 5'9" and 195 and they fit great. My first day with the BULLITT was a 2,000 km drive from Saskatoon to Vancouver over 2 days and I did not want it to end. Wanted to turn south at Vancouver and drive to LA. Best car I've ever had and like it way more than the 2017 Shelby GT 350 that I had for a day.
Zoom, Zoom

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Watched your review of the 2019 BULLITT on uTube. Could NOT disagree with you more about the Recaro seats. The Recaro's are FANTASTIC!!!
I am 5'9" and 195 and they fit great. My first day with the BULLITT was a 2,000 km drive from Saskatoon to Vancouver over 2 days and I did not want it to end. Wanted to turn south at Vancouver and drive to LA. Best car I've ever had and like it way more than the 2017 Shelby GT 350 that I had for a day.
Zoom, Zoom
They're comfortable if you're the right body type. My main objection is that you lose the heating, cooling, power and memory functions of the seat, which I was unwilling to give up. To each their own.

Ken F. Williams

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT # K0750 / Harley Davidson V-Rod / Lincoln MKX
They're comfortable if you're the right body type. My main objection is that you lose the heating, cooling, power and memory functions of the seat, which I was unwilling to give up. To each their own.
Each to there own yes. But your way thinner and lighter than me. If you're worried about losing the heated seats then you should have bought a Lincoln. Your driving a sorts car, a muscle car not a float boat!!!
I feel sorry for you that you did not grow up in the original muscle car era of the 60's when men were men and power and sound was all that mattered.
The first thing we did when we gat a new muscle car was take the air cleaner off and add wider tires.
We drove by the seat of our pants and it was balls to the breeze.
The 2019 BULLITT (my second BULLITT, 2001) brings all of that back and at 68 years of age I'm loving it all over again.
AMEN, Steve McQueen
Sponsored