Sponsored

Issues installing rear lowering springs

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT convertible
I’m having issues removing stock rear springs on my 2017 GT convertible. Has anyone try to use the inner spring compressor to remove? I don’t want to remove the lower control arm to do this. TIA.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What have you done so far? Remove the shock and drop that part of the subframe? Lean on the control arm?

OP
OP
Hoser!!

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I did that and removes the lower bolt on sway bar end link. I had someone push down on a 2x4 that I put in to help push down. Not dropping low enough to pull spring out. Still needs about an inch or so.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I did that and removes the lower bolt on sway bar end link. I had someone push down on a 2x4 that I put in to help push down. Not dropping low enough to pull spring out. Still needs about an inch or so.
There’s a four bolt bracket on each side of the subframe. CJ’s install vid says looses two of the bolts; be sure to take the extra minute and remove the whole bracket if you haven’t already.

My subframe got caught up on this bracket and I had the same issue as you; once the bracket was off all was super easy.

OP
OP
Hoser!!

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure what bracket your talking about? I loosened the 2 bolts in the front and took off the subframe (blue) bolts. I followed cj’s and that’s where I’m at.

Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure what bracket your talking about? I loosened the 2 bolts in the front and took off the subframe (blue) bolts. I followed cj’s and that’s where I’m at.

At the 10:45 mark, go ahead and remove the two silver bolts completely. The bracket they hold will come off. Otherwise, this bracket can just barely catch the subframe enough so it cannot lower the needed amount.

This could be your issue. It was for me.

OP
OP
Hoser!!

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh. I see it. You are right. That bracket was stuck. Going to try tomorrow! Thanks!

OP
OP
Hoser!!

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not stuck. The convertible has another brace and it’s holding it up. Going to have to figure out how to drop that. Thanks again.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hoser!!

Hoser!!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMR sp080 is what I installed.
Sponsored