Sponsored

Rear lowering springs

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Does anyone offer just the rear for lowering springs? Or does BMR offer rear springs with more than a .5" drop? I currently have those BMR springs installed and loved how they looked on the stock 275/40 tires but when i put the new wheels on with 285/35 the wheel gap has reappeared. So, I'm looking for a rear drop of around an inch but do not want to buy a complete set just for the rears.:frusty:
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Most frown upon it, but, you can trim the springs to make the height you want.

I have done it with our springs while testing, and, there is no issues with doing so....except making sure you paint the area that is cut to prevent rusting. ;)

vogtaction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium ecoboost auto mustang
You can try ebay. I was only wanting the front springs for mine since the ecoboost sits a little higher in the front still with most lowering spring sets. I got lucky and found just two a guy was selling.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone offer just the rear for lowering springs? Or does BMR offer rear springs with more than a .5" drop? I currently have those BMR springs installed and loved how they looked on the stock 275/40 tires but when i put the new wheels on with 285/35 the wheel gap has reappeared. So, I'm looking for a rear drop of around an inch but do not want to buy a complete set just for the rears.:frusty:
I know BMR is gonna roll their eyes when they read this but they really need to come out with a lowering spring kit with more drop in the rear. .5" just don't cut it for most of us. For me personally a 1.0" Front and 1.1" rear is my kind of drop. I do not like rake. Level is my style.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Sounds like a lot of work to make some temporary items "look good".
Why not just put some taller tires on and get the "look" back?

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
I know BMR is gonna roll their eyes when they read this but they really need to come out with a lowering spring kit with more drop in the rear. .5" just don't cut it for most of us. For me personally a 1.0" Front and 1.1" rear is my kind of drop. I do not like rake. Level is my style.
From a looks perspective, you could be right.

However, when you go up in rear tire size...a level drop looks horrible to me.

I know you mention how much more springs we would sell - but, I think that is because you do not realize how many we actually do sell.

Next time you are in Tampa let me know. :cheers:

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
From a looks perspective, you could be right.

However, when you go up in rear tire size...a level drop looks horrible to me.

I know you mention how much more springs we would sell - but, I think that is because you do not realize how many we actually do sell.

Next time you are in Tampa let me know. :cheers:
Fair enough. I can fit easily a 325/30/19 in rear. I am with 305/30/19 now and have plenty of room. My rear drop at moment is 1.1" How much would a custom spring run? A one off.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
PM sent Doctor ;)
Sponsored