Sponsored

Issue with Ford Performance Passenger Side Oil Catch Can

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
12 months ago I installed the Ford Performance oil catch can on both sides of my car. The passenger side of the car has a Crankcase Pressure Sensor in the PCV line.

The catch can has been installed for about a year now with no issues (Aside: I’ve never had to empty either catch can yet which I find odd)

Since last week, I got a check engine light with code P051B “Crankcase Pressure Circuit Range/Performance”. I reset it and it came back after about half an hour of driving so I changed the crankcase pressure sensor. Same thing, it came back after another half hour of driving.

Any ideas what else I could try to fix this problem? I’m out of ideas. Any information on how to contact Ford Performance would be appreciated as well. Crazy how their products don’t have a warranty.

Thanks
Sponsored

nate20gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I too have the Ford Performance oil separator. I am actually surprised at how much oil mine catches. Something
definitely doesn't sound right with yours. As far as contacting Ford Performance, I've used chat on their website and they were extremely responsive and helpful.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Maybe the PCV valve isn't working? That would explain why the catch can doesn't catch anything. But in that case I would expect the pressure build-up in the crankcase to cause other issues. I'd have it investigated as soon as possible.
Sponsored