Issue at drag strip, please help

Jivanp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
So the last 2 weeks I have gone to the track twice, the first time around my best run was a 12.03@118, feeling that I could with more practice inch out a 11.9 I went back this past week and this is where the issue comes in. I ran 2 times and each time had the issue happen. I had advance trac off on both runs, the car would let me do a burnout in the box, but in each run the car would pull power between shifts almost like traction control kicking in. The second time I ran it was more pronounced than the first so I stopped running the car. Has anyone have this issue , or knows what it could be?
Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
So the last 2 weeks I have gone to the track twice, the first time around my best run was a 12.03@118, feeling that I could with more practice inch out a 11.9 I went back this past week and this is where the issue comes in. I ran 2 times and each time had the issue happen. I had advance trac off on both runs, the car would let me do a burnout in the box, but in each run the car would pull power between shifts almost like traction control kicking in. The second time I ran it was more pronounced than the first so I stopped running the car. Has anyone have this issue , or knows what it could be?
Welcome to my world, people are telling you to pull the plug which will fix the Adv Trac turning back on during a run however you will lose drive modes and the car will shift lower and you'll net a slower ET. I took my car back to Ford and asked why the frig my car keeps turning Advanced Trac back on and their response, it's supposed to :angry: when in actuality they didn't know and finally admitted to not knowing. So I went to a dealer that "specializes" in supercharged Mustang's and they were clueless.

I'm now tuned with the Steeda closed box CAI and my test drive showed Advanced Trac staying off but being winter I couldn't do a full test. Perhaps even being stock getting a tune might be worth the effort in consistency and maybe some gains using a tune from Lund.
Sponsored