OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if you looked at his slips right. 1.92-2.0 is not exactly all over the place. Pretty good if stock radials actually. Damn good times for a stock car on a 3000 da day.
Agreed, I have no complaints for yesterday except for the wrench showing up. The car felt great, it hammered the shifts in drag mode, too much so in 2nd gear where I know I lost ET due to tire spin.
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I damn near ran a perfect one with a .005. The tires are at factory spec 40psi.
Would seem like a drop is PSI would help.

Any reason you did not try that?

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Would seem like a drop is PSI would help.

Any reason you did not try that?
Sure, 40 years of drag racing proving to me lowering tire pressure on very non-sticky street radials never works. They're 20" Goodyear all weather radials, at 40psi the entire contact patch is on the road, lower it and these very low profile tires might not make full contact.

I'm not sure how people can expect lower than 1.9 60 footers with all weather 20" tires, if somebody has pulled 1.8's with these things please post it.

I can't complain about the 60 foot times with these tires, there were plenty of slower cars running much better tires trying everything they could just to make 2.0 60 foot times including a 2017 PP car with tires I would have loved to have had access to. He was averaging 2.2.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at that tire profile, it would not benefit from lower tire pressure to attain better 60 foot short times. The fact I can hit consistent 1.9's I think is pretty amazing.

20 Inch Tire.JPG

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Sure, 40 years of drag racing proving to me lowering tire pressure on very non-sticky street radials never works. They're 20" Goodyear all weather radials, at 40psi the entire contact patch is on the road, lower it and these very low profile tires might not make full contact.

I'm not sure how people can expect lower than 1.9 60 footers with all weather 20" tires, if somebody has pulled 1.8's with these things please post it.

I can't complain about the 60 foot times with these tires, there were plenty of slower cars running much better tires trying everything they could just to make 2.0 60 foot times including a 2017 PP car with tires I would have loved to have had access to. He was averaging 2.2.
Take a look at that tire profile, it would not benefit from lower tire pressure to attain better 60 foot short times. The fact I can hit consistent 1.9's I think is pretty amazing.

Was just a question not meant to question your expertise.

I'm by no means an expert.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Good runs. Did you still experience the drop in power like you did last time?

Toro73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt auto 400A Package factory 20's
I damn near ran a perfect one with a .005. The tires are at factory spec 40psi. I waited for the big boys to run with slicks, track prep was pretty good as well.

I staged and brought RPM's up to 1800 and let that take me out of the hole, then I floored it. Out of the hole for all season tires was pretty good but the shift into 2nd was tire spin and it would kick out to the side a bit.
Thanks for that info, I tend to slam the accelerator right of the bat instead of doing this, can't wait to practice this next Thursday when I go to the track :headbang:

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!

With centrifugal force of the tire spinning forcing the tread outward, there is no chance that the tire wont make full contact at a reasonably reduced pressure.

I definitely understand what youre saying--and agree to an extent.

But 40psi is too much. I dont know that you will gain anything significant from going down to 30 or so (probably not) but its worth a try.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I'm going to guess by going from 114 to 116 in much worst DA it was not dropping in power.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Only once that I could feel it going into 3rd it held back, it seemed to pull all the way on the other runs, the shift into 2nd gear on each run is something else, very hard and I'm sure impacted the ET.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that info, I tend to slam the accelerator right of the bat instead of doing this, can't wait to practice this next Thursday when I go to the track :headbang:
:headbang:

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Was just a question not meant to question your expertise.

I'm by no means an expert.
I'm not expert either but I have tried lowering pressure too many times to count with no improvement in 60ft.

All weather tires don't respond well to long burnouts or lowering pressure, the sidewall is so short on these tires lowering pressure won't do anything but for giggles the next time I'm at the track I'll give it a shot at 30 psi. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to guess by going from 114 to 116 in much worst DA it was not dropping in power.
Agreed, it definitely felt better at the big end, would have been nice to have better DA which will probably not happen again until the Fall.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase