Is this a good deal?

Riding Dirty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
'17 White/Blue GT350
I'm looking at a 22 Fighter Jet Grey deal at an Msrp of 62k. I'm not sure whe're the market is on these right now? Is MSRP a good deal right now or should I try and go lower? I asked for 5% off MSRP and they didn't budge yet.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Big city. New car. No changes from MY22-23. MY23 closing out soon (production ends March 2023). No more Mach 1s. At the moment, in this economy, I'd say it's a fair deal. It's fully-priced. If it is built just how you like it, go for it. What kind of options on the car? No add-ons, yes? How much are they asking for doc fees?

Last edited:

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Recaros Magnetic, Ford PP3,Corsa catback
Ford has incentives on these, I got mine for 3150 below MSRP and a Mach 1 car cover

OP
OP

Riding Dirty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
'17 White/Blue GT350
Big city. New car. No changes from MY22-23. MY23 closing out soon (production ends March 2023). No more Mach 1s. At the moment, in this economy, I'd say it's a fair deal. It's fully-priced. If it is built just how you like it, go for it. What kind of options on the car? No add-ons, yes? How much are they asking for doc fees?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Riding Dirty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
'17 White/Blue GT350
Ford has incentives on these, I got mine for 3150 below MSRP and a Mach 1 car cover
Where did you find the incentive? I looked on the Ford site and didn't see anything? How long ago did you buy?

Cj4428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Recaros Magnetic, Ford PP3,Corsa catback
Purchased December 10, $2500 from Ford, could have been a regional promotion, I'm in Minnesota

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Try going to another Ford dealer, even if they don't have the exact car you want, and see if you can get a better deal. Once you agree on price for a car spec'd the way you want, you let them "find" your exact car at the original dealer and work out a swap. I bought my 2nd Mustang that way, the first dealer wouldn't budge on his price, but I went to a 2nd dealer, got the price I wanted and he got the car I wanted from the first dealer.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Try going to another Ford dealer, even if they don't have the exact car you want, and see if you can get a better deal. Once you agree on price for a car spec'd the way you want, you let them "find" your exact car at the original dealer and work out a swap. I bought my 2nd Mustang that way, the first dealer wouldn't budge on his price, but I went to a 2nd dealer, got the price I wanted and he got the car I wanted from the first dealer.
Yah... I feel like that's how it used to be. I've played the swap game on previous purchases, but now-a-days dealers seem to hold on to what they've been given and will wait for a good long time before deciding to discount or trade. Inventory just hasn't righted itself enough yet.

I think the next 2 years are going to be hectic if you're wanting any sort of Mustang with "special features." One, because this is the close out of the 6th gen and it looks like production will be short and two, there's a lot of hype for the 7th gen, as with any "all new" model.

Sponsored

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Yah... I feel like that's how it used to be. I've played the swap game on previous purchases, but now-a-days dealers seem to hold on to what they've been given and will wait for a good long time before deciding to discount or trade. Inventory just hasn't righted itself enough yet.

I think the next 2 years are going to be hectic if you're wanting any sort of Mustang with "special features." One, because this is the close out of the 6th gen and it looks like production will be short and two, there's a lot of hype for the 7th gen, as with any "all new" model.
Yeah ... it was quite a few "decades" ago that I made that particular deal šŸ„“

I have been successful with similar tactics more recently, but still pre-pandemic car market insanity.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I donā€™t know, but I think it varies a fair amount per market and it doesnā€™t have to be halfway across the country from you. I bought one at list ($63K) about a month ago a few miles north of Atlanta and I thought they were coming down a bit. But I tried finding one in the same area for a friend last week and was getting quotes at $5-$7K over. So who knows?

Then thereā€™s the fact that my deal involved a trade so realistically it could have been anything I suppose.

hockeydave55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, 1969 Fiat 500F, 2023 MachE, 2013 Focus