Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT. 2015 Mustang GT - RIP
Here are the pix from under the hood.
8F95837A-3546-4FD0-A0FD-1DD2AE1B03D6.jpeg
74443E9F-744C-4E31-A8D3-AE058ECEBA36.jpeg
08C40FF8-978C-4011-A9F9-B3708451362B.jpeg
6264228B-2111-4783-BBED-F2F707514244.jpeg

and the reason I’m looking for a newer car ASAP...
19E967A2-12ED-40C0-A240-23468970B40A.jpeg
Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
In re the ad:
"Recaro". You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.​
Good catch. Could be the ad is wrong which never happens...Either way, some folks end up not liking the Recaro's and swapping them out for the premium seats. I would check the seat cooling and heating options to make sure they work. My understanding is it is very difficult if not impossible to make the premium seats work in a car originally equipped with Recaro's.

If the ad is wrong, that would be a $ negotiating point as the Recaro's are not a cheap option and they may have inflated the value.

OP
OP
BrandonATX

BrandonATX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Good catch. Could be the ad is wrong which never happens...Either way, some folks end up not liking the Recaro's and swapping them out for the premium seats. I would check the seat cooling and heating options to make sure they work. My understanding is it is very difficult if not impossible to make the premium seats work in a car originally equipped with Recaro's.

If the ad is wrong, that would be a $ negotiating point as the Recaro's are not a cheap option and they may have inflated the value.
it has the heated and cooling buttons. And I can confirm that they are functioning.
My previous mustang (rest in pieces) had the swap and the heating and cooled did not work. And there were no buttons on the previous.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrandonATX

BrandonATX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Seriously though, that's a pretty nasty looking wreck, sounds like you were pretty much OK.
330am, I was leaving work. Stopped at a red light, no other cars around. Then.... a pickup driven by a 17 year old drunk driver with his two friends, smashes into me.
As he was being arrested, said he didn’t see me or the red light. Fml.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Just using my normal sites, pricing seems OK if options are accurate and vehicle is in mint condition.

That being said, I just bought my 2019 PP2 GT, 14k miles, for $37,995. Might can spend a little more and get a little newer. Plus I prefer the digi dash over the analog.
I agree with Gadgtfreek,

I got a 2019 GT Premium, 22k miles, 401a package, PP1, safe&smart, B&O, Active valve exhaust, security package. Bit higher on miles (I was looking for around 12-15k), but it was listed at $33k. After driving 4.5 hours down to test drive it, dealer manager said they screwed up with listing because they didn't realize it had the performance pack (Chevy dealer). The manager said the PP1 was $4k back in '18 but it's $5k option now, so they were thinking of relisting it at $38k (which they did). I negotiated down to $36k out the door. I had them match flood ford's price on 8yr/100k mi warranty with no deductable.

As for the listed car, at does look tempting, as it has such low mileage, but there is a significant difference between 17 vs. 18-19. The gen3 coyote for one, and you can get the digital IPC, and in case of '19, downshift rev matching.

At least from what I noticed, services like carvana really messed up used car prices. Even this past march/april, I found '18-'19 GT Premiums, 401a, PP1, active valve, magneride, audio, safe&smart for around $35k with ~15-20k miles.

I let three of them go April, May and June. Last one was even on carvana, but now carvana lists GT base 400a, no other options and they are running $33k or higher.

I guess in the end, if you are happy with the options on the car and what it stands for, go ahead. You should check if you can still get extended warranty. Mileage wise it should be fine, just check dates. I'd go to flood ford site and try to see if you can even get the warranty. At least if you can get extended warranty and if you decide to sell the car in two years or so, it will enhance the resale value as the ford ext warranty is transferrable.

But I find that used car prices seem to be very volatile right now.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
it has the heated and cooling buttons. And I can confirm that they are functioning.
So, they're not Recaros, despite the three places the ad says they are. As that was a $1200-$1500 option, might be good for some walkback on the price.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
As for the listed car, at does look tempting, as it has such low mileage, but there is a significant difference between 17 vs. 18-19. The gen3 coyote for one, and you can get the digital IPC, and in case of '19, downshift rev matching.
At 472hp the PP3 package makes the gen2 very close to the stock gen3. The gen3 will feel a little more torquey, the gen2 will have better gearing. I test drove a base 2019 6M when I had PP3 (6M) and that was my impression as well. HOWEVER, the 19 will have that motor without mods, so the 5/60 is intact. The best you'll get with PP3 is 3/36 for unquestioned warranty work on the powertrain, IF it's properly registered with FP. If you go with the 17 def get a clear idea of the powertrain warranty you'd get, with the PP3 mod explicitly spelled out.

If you plan to mod later, the gen3 will have better potential with its own NA bolt-ons, and be way ahead if tuned on E85. If you think you might go FI, on pump gas the gen2 is great, on E85 they're both great although the gen3 will be slightly easier to get to massive power levels if that matters to you.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At 472hp the PP3 package makes the gen2 very close to the stock gen3. The gen3 will feel a little more torquey, the gen2 will have better gearing. I test drove a base 2019 6M when I had PP3 (6M) and that was my impression as well.
This I completely agree with.
Coming from two EB's, it still kinda makes me cringe when I try to give my Gen3 more than 1/2 throttle, but...

Two days ago, I was merging on to a completely empty and straight highway on a very long merging lane, and I tried WOT on 2nd gear. I still can't believe how high the redline on the Gen3 is. My habbit from 6 years of EB (plus 5 years of Gen coupe with 2.0T and 6MT) was creaming at me to upshift after I passed 6000rpm, and I had to keep myself from up shifting. Past 7200rpm, I couldn't help buy say, "OH MY GOD!" As I finally snapped my gear at 7400. I didn't realize I had stopped breathing and was holding my breath.
Man do these engines like to sing!

Does the gen1/2 also feel like this? I have never driven gen1/2 coyotes (except a brief test drive of gen2 and I never WOT'd it then)? If not, then i have to say that i am sooo glad that i ended up getting a gen3, as when I was searching, I was open to getting a 17 GT.

I also agree with the gearing. I wish the gears weren't so tall. If the gearing on the 17 GT is anything like the EB, I prefer the shiftpoints on my 15/17 EB over my '19 GT.

Going back to the original post, I am not sure if gen2 gives the similar experience as gen3, but if it does not, i would definitely advocate paying a few $1000 .ore to get into a gen3.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
places like TruCar generally the price is the price take it or leave it. And no, those are just normal seats.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
This I completely agree with.
Coming from two EB's, it still kinda makes me cringe when I try to give my Gen3 more than 1/2 throttle, but...

Two days ago, I was merging on to a completely empty and straight highway on a very long merging lane, and I tried WOT on 2nd gear. I still can't believe how high the redline on the Gen3 is. My habbit from 6 years of EB (plus 5 years of Gen coupe with 2.0T and 6MT) was creaming at me to upshift after I passed 6000rpm, and I had to keep myself from up shifting. Past 7200rpm, I couldn't help buy say, "OH MY GOD!" As I finally snapped my gear at 7400. I didn't realize I had stopped breathing and was holding my breath.
Man do these engines like to sing!

Does the gen1/2 also feel like this? I have never driven gen1/2 coyotes (except a brief test drive of gen2 and I never WOT'd it then)? If not, then i have to say that i am sooo glad that i ended up getting a gen3, as when I was searching, I was open to getting a 17 GT.

I also agree with the gearing. I wish the gears weren't so tall. If the gearing on the 17 GT is anything like the EB, I prefer the shiftpoints on my 15/17 EB over my '19 GT.

Going back to the original post, I am not sure if gen2 gives the similar experience as gen3, but if it does not, i would definitely advocate paying a few $1000 .ore to get into a gen3.
The gen2 stock dies off earlier, but with PP3 it has a high rpm IM and makes good power all the way to the (new) 7500rpm redline. And it can take it, lots of high rpm focused upgrades over the gen1 (though they didn’t change the redline....which is a mystery to me). But again, the stock gen3 has a nice 4K rpm torque bump that the PP3 doesn’t have, but is hampered by super tall gearing (to maintain mpgs while the engine gets a up boost).

The stock gen3 exhaust sounds way better.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The gen2 stock dies off earlier, but with PP3 it has a high rpm IM and makes good power all the way to the (new) 7500rpm redline. And it can take it, lots of high rpm focused upgrades over the gen1 (though they didn’t change the redline....which is a mystery to me). But again, the stock gen3 has a nice 4K rpm torque bump that the PP3 doesn’t have, but is hampered by super tall gearing (to maintain mpgs while the engine gets a up boost).

The stock gen3 exhaust sounds way better.
My wife and I test drove a '17 GT 6MT PP in 2016. I thought the exhaust sounded great then.
I am drive my '19 on sport+ exhaust mode. I can't believe that this actually sounds nicer than the '17 GT.

To the OP, if you can get to a '19 (or even '18), I would definitely look for that route.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
330am, I was leaving work. Stopped at a red light, no other cars around. Then.... a pickup driven by a 17 year old drunk driver with his two friends, smashes into me.
As he was being arrested, said he didn’t see me or the red light. Fml.
Being in TX, I can equate. In my case it was two separate cars ............... Both driven by illegals. Both drunk and 1 had a retainer. So much for the wall !
Sponsored