Sponsored

Is this a FP PP3?

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Being in TX, I can equate. In my case it was two separate cars ............... Both driven by illegals. Both drunk and 1 had a retainer. So much for the wall !
Not in TX (Westchester, suburb of NYC), but in 2013, I had my Genesis coupe which I bought new. I was leaving my parkinglot on Thanksgiving eve, and a lady in an old CRV runs through the red light and hits the passenger front fender/bumper of my car.

She got out and started to apologize and say that it was her fault but she was late to her 2nd job, Nd that she has no license and that she was borrowing her friend's car...

She then tried to leave. I had to take pictures with my phone, and when I did, she stayed. When the cops came, she said the same thing, saying it was her fault she ran the light but she is sorry and that she has a little girl at home, and her license... yada, yada.

Then a female cop showed up, she and the lady went over to the side and they were talking. The woman comes back and changes her story to say I ran the light. The male cop who was with me was shocked. He said, "lady, YOU ran into HIM!!!" And he said to the female cop, "really? We're doing this???"

The male cop pointed out that the woman had suspended license. I am not sure if this was true, but the female cop was technically first at the scene, and for some strange reason, the female cop let the woman LEAVE DRIVING THE CAR, even though her license was SUSPENDED!

The Male cop said he would write a secondary report, and that I should make sure I get his account as well (he clearly did not like her).

The car owner's insurance was state farm (as was me), and instead of treating it like they were the other car's company trying to make amends with me, they started to treat this like it was coming out of my policy... I took it to a body shop of their recommendation, and the shop took a month, and botched it up (orange peel, and they mangled the pinch welds trying to lift car at wrong spot).

The good thing that came out of this was that I ended up taking my car to the shop near my house, where the owner took TWO MONTHS re'fixing my car, but since he had so much pull with the local rental car shops, he got me a brand new 2013 Mustang V6 as a rental for two months. This was how it all started for me on path to mustangs.

Then summer of 2014, I visited Disney in FL, and rented a car to drive out to legoland. They put me in a 2014 V6 vert. By the time s550's hit dealers, I was ready to trade in my car.

I guess my path to Mustangs would not have happened if it weren't for the woman who hit me and the crooked lady cop that decided look out for a fellow, "working mom".

But that being said, it sucks when you do everything right and some idiot decides to be reckless and end up ruining your car. Glad that you are alright.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Dude, my old man has this killer tool set.

We can fix this.

"Relax alright, my old mans a television repair man, he's got the most ultimate set of tools. I can fix tit"