scottgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So it looks like quite a few new 500's are getting modded...some a LOT more than others. I haven't seen anyone mentioning the DCT failing or even slipping for that matter. I know that NO ONE wants to be "that guy" with a busted transmission but has anyone heard of any failures while modded? I am now tuned and waiting on updating my tune when I get my headers so I was curious of the DCT health. PBD has been modding their car a ton with gobs of power/torque and Ken hasn't mentioned the transmission once...which is great!

Scott
Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
So it looks like quite a few new 500's are getting modded...some a LOT more than others. I haven't seen anyone mentioning the DCT failing or even slipping for that matter. I know that NO ONE wants to be "that guy" with a busted transmission but has anyone heard of any failures while modded? I am now tuned and waiting on updating my tune when I get my headers so I was curious of the DCT health. PBD has been modding their car a ton with gobs of power/torque and Ken hasn't mentioned the transmission once...which is great!

Scott
They are holding up on dynos and streets but time will tell once they hit the strip at levels over 1000hp. Still no trans tune as of yet that I know of either.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Scott
They are holding up on dynos and streets but time will tell once they hit the strip at levels over 1000hp. Still no trans tune as of yet that I know of either.
This is a very good question...

Its unfortunate those that do KNOW the answers wont speak up..

Im hoping to show you all verifable and good information this week ;)

OP, good call on PBD, Ken wont steer you wrong.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
People were concerned about the strength of this DCT and rightfully so but with the power i've seen being put down and no trans slipping that i've seen i'd say Ford really picked a winner. Now lets talk about that DCT in the C8.... slipping from a roll at 600+whp :giggle: ouch.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
People were concerned about the strength of this DCT and rightfully so but with the power i've seen being put down and no trans slipping that i've seen i'd say Ford really picked a winner. Now lets talk about that DCT in the C8.... slipping from a roll at 600+whp :giggle: ouch.
Interesting, I haven’t heard that on the Vette.
Maybe this is like the 6R80 that both Ford and Chevy codeveloped. For some reason, the Ford version is a beast and yet you never hear of the Chevy version.
Anyway, the main hard parts from Tremec in the DCT are bulky and tested to 4-digits.
The wildcard are the clutches and the programming.
For now, the stock Ford/Tremec DCT programming has proven very effective at holding big modded power, but it is also handicapping the GT500 from dig/drag strip launches. This protection is at the expensive of the slipping the clutches.
This leads me to believe that clutch upgrades and cracking the ECU to allow for slipping will allow for the best of both worlds. Here’s to hope!
-J

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Interesting, I haven’t heard that on the Vette.
Maybe this is like the 6R80 that both Ford and Chevy codeveloped. For some reason, the Ford version is a beast and yet you never hear of the Chevy version.
Anyway, the main hard parts from Tremec in the DCT are bulky and tested to 4-digits.
The wildcard are the clutches and the programming.
For now, the stock Ford/Tremec DCT programming has proven very effective at holding big modded power, but it is also handicapping the GT500 from dig/drag strip launches. This protection is at the expensive of the slipping the clutches.
This leads me to believe that clutch upgrades and cracking the ECU to allow for slipping will allow for the best of both worlds. Here’s to hope!
-J

Yes and no. You are not HEARING about it because they arnt talking about, as well ad there is electronically induced "slip" and physical slip.

A couple more days and we can talk about it intelligently
Sponsored