Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not gonna lie, I'm getting a Bronco, but as Metallica said, so fucking what?

I'd get a GT 'vert with a stick and PP1 if I were coming back, do it properly this time.
From what I hear the new Bronco will have some enhancements to allow you to remove the top, doors, etc... they are going after the Jeep wrangler/Rubicon Market!
Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
From what I hear the new Bronco will have some enhancements to allow you to remove the top, doors, etc... they are going after the Jeep wrangler/Rubicon Market!
They even have a bestow retractable soft top you can get at the dealership as well.

It's definitely gonna keep Jeep up at night from what I read, at KoH, they went 60mph offroad with no issues, as seen here

Jay Marcase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vert Eco Prem
Or does it get discouraging seeing so many old silver haired ladies driving around in convertible Mustangs? Usually Ecoboost or V6 models. Really starts to take away from the “I have a cool car” feeling. Please change my mind.
You’re putting too much of your self worth and satisfaction into material items and into others. I don‘t care if the largest demographic for Eco Verts fall within the 80 - dead demographic...it’s a bad ass car and it looks even more badass with me in it.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT

Good luck with that, they are already having issues with their CV joints. I would not hesitate to put money against a Bronco vs the Rubi on the trail.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck with that, they are already having issues with their CV joints. I would not hesitate to put money against a Bronco vs the Rubi on the trail.
I wouldn't but the first year model of anything. I expect their to be problems.. Someone told me the other day he would never buy a jeep because they are unreliable..

Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I wouldn't but the first year model of anything. I expect their to be problems.. Someone told me the other day he would never buy a jeep because they are unreliable..
I have owned an 01, 04 Rubi, 13' and never had any issues with any of them.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sherr
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang convertible
Or does it get discouraging seeing so many old silver haired ladies driving around in convertible Mustangs? Usually Ecoboost or V6 models. Really starts to take away from the “I have a cool car” feeling. Please change my mind.
Well, hell, Turbomark! Did you ever consider that some of those silver haired ladies might just be into living life to the fullest? On the edge?

I will be 74 in a few weeks and I drive a 2019 Performance Blue Mustang convertible. In 2019 I did a 14,000 mile motorcyle trip with my partner to Alaska...three months riding a motorcycle in all kinds of weather. That was after four major back surgeries, a new knee, and surviving a bike wreck that totaled a gorgeous Goldwing and left me with a broken ankle, bad concussion, etc. The wreck was in 2018. The surgeries, etc. all since late 2011.

Since age 66 I’ve ridden (with my partner) on many trips out west; I spent two months on the back of a K1200LT Beemer riding around western Europe. I camp naked in the US and Europe. My favorite drink is a double snakebite. I started smoking pot at 66, but admit I do it badly!

On our upcoming trip in the Mustang we will be driving from Pa. to Texas to Calif to Oregon. We will be sharing the driving and I promised my partner that I would pay all my own speeding tickets.

Whether it is talking to grizzled old bikers in a bar or passing up everything in sight on the highway, I am living my life to the max and make no apologies for that.

I am an old broad living one pretty cool 3rd act. So why shouldn’t I also drive one pretty cool Mustang convertible?????

BTW...is it just me or are those old dudes driving ‘Vettes, Camaros and Mustangs a road hazard? You know, the guys who can’t drive a mile above the speed limit. The guys who poke along and drive people like me nuts. The guys I love to pass. The guys I always pass. Me...the silver haired old broad in the 2019 Mustang convertible.

OrangePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
wanted
beginning of silver hair here - dreamed of a convertible Mustang since I was 16. life had me follow my soldier husband around the world and wait for my kids to move out and 32 years later I finally brought her home last week. “Get busy living or get busy dying”

Expat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2020 Convertible Mustang GT Premium
I fall into the category of life starts after 50. After 30 years driving 4 and 6 cylinder diesels, in Europe (1986 BMW 320D, 1992 BMW 525TDI, 1999 Mercedes C250D, 2005 & 2012 Toyota Landcruiser) Upon arrival in California I had to get a gas V8, and definitely no more turbos. The 2015-2021 Mustang looks like a natural evolution of the 1970’s version I wanted as a teen. Both me and my wife get compliments wherever we go. These machines are iconic. If you are getting fewer respects than you feel worthy of, clean your car, or clean yourself up. Every girl loves a sharped dressed man, especially in a cool car!

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Jetta
Almost every car I ever purchased since getting my drivers license has been Mustangs and more than half of them been convertibles.

Been questioned over the years why I drive convertibles when I live in northern ontario - 4 hours north of Toronto.

Maybe I like the history of the Mustang, going to cruise night.

First song taking car out in spring is Mustang Sally, than On the Road Again.

Nothing is better than if having a bad day than putting top down, playing music with no special destination.

driving a Mustang convertible is not a part of old age crisis for me, but what I drove almost all my life. Fell in love with Mustangs since my first used Mustang ( from 1982 )

Dan

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Nothing is better than if having a bad day than putting top down, playing music with no special destination.
Guess there won’t be any of that for awhile with the stay at home order the Ontario government implemented...along with the new police powers to pull you over to ask where you’re going. With a minimum fine of $750, that could prove expensive.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Guess there won’t be any of that for awhile with the stay at home order the Ontario government implemented...along with the new police powers to pull you over to ask where you’re going. With a minimum fine of $750, that could prove expensive.
:crying::crying:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Looking at the Jeep truck b 4 the Mustang.......... that is the one statement that was consistent in regards to the jeeps.

And also often compared with boats .........
" Best 2 days of ownership. The day purchased and the day sold"

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the Jeep truck b 4 the Mustang.......... that is the one statement that was consistent in regards to the jeeps.

And also often compared with boats .........
" Best 2 days of ownership. The day purchased and the day sold"
:frown::crying::crying:
I just ran into a guy yesterday with a 2010 jeep wrangler sierra.. 140k miles on it and going strong. Maintains it well.. looks brand new. He hasn't had any issues. Maybe a higher risk vehicle?
I am driving a 2016 Mazda CX-5 right now and having a hard time with the idea of parting with it, unless it goes to my daughter at some point.
Not sure if you've ever driven a CX-5, but man.. there is just something different about that car vs any other in it's compact suv class. It is a lot of fun to drive, not a numbing experience and corners/handles like a sedan. The only negative is the red color which is "pretty" but not what I wanted. I didn't have any choice at the time.
Anyway all that to say that I would like my daily driver to be a fun car, but practical for my needs.
The Jeep is the only other daily that attracts me... I've always wanted one.. maybe I will take the leap at some point..
Sponsored