Sponsored

Is anyone here data logging/HP tuner on a MacBook Pro ? I can’t get it to work.

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
How do I start data logging it’s connected but I don’t see any gauges moving lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
The editor has the same unsupported interface error as my Mac did

IMG_5926.jpeg

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I have windows installed on my Mac via bootcamp. Datalogging via sct and PCMtec works fine

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
@Unas2k5 I already posted a link to all the instructions you need in a previous post quoted above. VCM Editor will not work with the RTD and there is no reason for you to use it anyway.
Damn so you mean it was working on my Mac 😂 so I bought this bs laptop for no reason! That’s the same error I was getting on my Mac on software I didn’t need to use !

Sponsored

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Does the type c cable into laptop and RTD device work or do I need to use USB?

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@Unas2k5 I already posted a link to all the instructions you need in a previous post quoted above. VCM Editor will not work with the RTD and there is no reason for you to use it anyway.
I haven't done it recently, but I have data logged with the RTD and VCM editor. Last year at this time before I broke a ringland, that's how I logged runs for my revisions.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I haven't done it recently, but I have data logged with the RTD and VCM editor. Last year at this time before I broke a ringland, that's how I logged runs for my revisions.
Do you mean VCM Scanner for logging?

OP
OP
Unas2k5

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
Usb-C to Usb-C cable works just fine for me

I think it will work on the Mac for me because the only issue I was encountering was off the editor!

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have windows installed on my Mac via bootcamp. Datalogging via sct and PCMtec works fine
He has an M1 mac. The M1 (and newer) series of chips uses an architecture called ARM where as the old cpus used x64. The applications for x64 and arm arent always compatible and they usually have to run different versions of OS.

Basically when apple switched to ARM they dropped BootCamp support. You wouldn't be able to run x64 windows anyway. What you can do is get an emulation software like Parallels to run ARM Windows. ARM Windows is made for ARM processors but again has issues with applications made for x64 processors. All the VCM stuff was created for x86/x64 processors but the new beta includes some support for ARM processors.

So to get it to work on the new macs you have to pay for Parallels, run ARM windows, and download the beta of the VCM tools. And you may have to mess with some drivers too.

Not as easy anymore haha

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I think it will work on the Mac for me because the only issue I was encountering was off the editor!
Dont use vcm editor. Just use vcm scanner for dataloging. You can try the specific rtd flasher for writing tunes but Ive never used it on my mac, I just use my phone and the TDN app

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So you never tried following the instructions to use VCM Scanner?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
He has an M1 mac. The M1 (and newer) series of chips uses an architecture called ARM where as the old cpus used x64. The applications for x64 and arm arent always compatible and they usually have to run different versions of OS.

Basically when apple switched to ARM they dropped BootCamp support. You wouldn't be able to run x64 windows anyway. What you can do is get an emulation software like Parallels to run ARM Windows. ARM Windows is made for ARM processors but again has issues with applications made for x64 processors. All the VCM stuff was created for x86/x64 processors but the new beta includes some support for ARM processors.

So to get it to work on the new macs you have to pay for Parallels, run ARM windows, and download the beta of the VCM tools. And you may have to mess with some drivers too.

Not as easy anymore haha
Gotcha. I missed the part where it was an M1. That’s why I use my old MacBook instead of the one I replaced it with. I agree buying a cheap windows laptop or older Mac/bootcamp would be easiest

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT