Sponsored

Is active exhaust worth it on an Ecoboost?

TabascoAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Race Red 'Vert, '22 Artic Blue 'Vert ecoboost
For reference, I have on order a '22 ecoboost convertible and added AE. I couple people said they put it on quiet mode their in neighborhood. Is it really THAT much more loud? I watched a few YouTube videos on ecoboost with active exhaust and it did not seem that dramatic, but in person is very different than YouTube videos.
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I’ve had it for 24 hours. There are 2 features on my car I originally worried were a waste of money or that I wouldn’t like. AE was #2, but I’ve changed my mind. For the ability to change settings alone, it’s worth it. I hate exhaust noise normally, but the idea of trying to build a static exhaust that is quiet and performs well is over my head.

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
I really like it on my HPP. Like ihasnostang above, I have mine set to quiet when I leave for work and then switch to Track when I am downtown. Now, someone will post that nothing sounds like a V8. And they are right, but I love my HPP.
In have the HPP also and I really like the active exhaust especially in Sport+ or Track. Even in Normal it sounds good. If a standard EB exhaust is similar to Quiet on my car then you have to go for it!!

TabascoAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Race Red 'Vert, '22 Artic Blue 'Vert ecoboost
I’ve had it for 24 hours. There are 2 features on my car I originally worried were a waste of money or that I wouldn’t like. AE was #2, but I’ve changed my mind. For the ability to change settings alone, it’s worth it. I hate exhaust noise normally, but the idea of trying to build a static exhaust that is quiet and performs well is over my head.

Curious what #1 was...

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Curious what #1 was...
The metallic stripes on the hood I accidentally let go through on my order. I’m driving across the country, so not sure if I can get a good photo. Renderings and distant photos don’t do it justice. They look much better in person and up close.
One of the ecoboost packs comes with them.

Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
I had a EB HPP car out on an hours plus test drive before falling for the Ford marketing material and ordering a Mach 1 instead. My impression is that the active exhaust is worth it as you can customize your car to match your mood. There is a noticeable sound difference in the interior of the car between Normal and Track.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
? I watched a few YouTube videos on ecoboost with active exhaust and it did not seem that dramatic
a cut-rate EB is right about 'normal' mode, maybe on the quiet side of the line but I didn't whip out hte dB meter. I don't see the point of quiet on an EB. Sport/Track the volume and tone definitely improves. It's still a bit of a blatty 4 but not near as bad as the coffee can civics.

I would just grab a GT quad-port exhaust off someone and put that on with a y-pipe acting as resonator delete.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Well, 48 hours in and I can say every time I’ve fueled up the whole gas station snaps their attention to the car whenever it starts up.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, 48 hours in and I can say every time I’ve fueled up the whole gas station snaps their attention to the car whenever it starts up.
tell your GF to put her top back on when exiting the car.

elkwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elkwood
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I have AE on my eco and glad i have it. Kind of takes the desire to stuck other exhaust systems on the car.

Sponsored

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
I just traded in my 2020 base EB for a 2022 premium EB and the exhaust sound is louder and deeper on the 22 compared to the 20. Was there a change between 20 and 22 or between base and premium? I hear this from the outside not the inside.

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
My last mustang (2020 Ecoboost) didn’t have it. This time, I’m building an EB and I want to add it but wondering if it’s worth the cost. While it used to be like $800, it’s now an extra $1225. I know eco’s are notoriously quiet which I don’t necessarily mind, but does the active exhaust really make that much of a difference on an already quiet car? Is it worth the add on for $1225?
Active exhaust is worth it on any application.!! I love it, I have a 5.0.. but like I says, on any application đź‘Ť
Anthony

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Active exhaust is worth it on any application.!! I love it, I have a 5.0.. but like I says, on any application đź‘Ť
Anthony
i didn't get it on the GT because i like the regular sound and it all looks the same but the huge benefit you get with the EB is the quad tips. they look really good and it sounds cool. when i test drove a HPP i could hear the turbo. it was rad.
Sponsored