Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I bet they are going to look great on your car.

Waiting for my new wheels to show up tomorrow, 4/1 can't come soon enough. They are fully polished 20x10 and 20x11 VS08 forged wheels. Very excited!
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think your weather is probably similar to that here in Augusta. I've only had the Mustang a year but ran summer tires with no problems. It is not my daily driver, though I do drive it quite often, but that might make a difference. I have the Conti DW06 and the Michelin Pilot A3 on two of my cars back in Colorado and they both perform well...but keep in mind, we only have 4 or 5 months of what might be considered by some to be warm weather. I think here in our climate the Michelin Pilot Sport 4s would work great 95% of the time.

I've in the past bought two sets of tires for each vehicle but that was when I lived in Germany and before tires like the Conti DW06 and Michelin all seasons were available. It becomes expensive, especially when you realize you are really only using one set of tires most of the time.

I'm debating whether or not to go the All Summer tire, then another set for All-Seasons, or stick All-Seasons. This is my Daily Diver. I really hate these run flats on my car. My Camaro had the same tires and I replaced them with Continental Extreme Contact DW06 back in 2019 and it was a night and day difference as far as performance and handling.

This time around I'm looking at the Pilots 4s Summer and the Pilot A All-Season.
Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Yes, Weather is very similar to Augusta here. That area is much more "hilly" than Statesboro and the surrounding areas, but overall, the weather is pretty much the same.

I figured May to the end of September would be sufficient for summer tires, while the remaining months would work with All-Seasons. My experience with these Run Flats in the rain was not a great one on my Camaro, and the Continentals brought back my driving confidence in bad weather.

I might take a drive up to North Georgia next week, but want to spend a few days washing and detailing the car as well.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Waiting for my new wheels to show up tomorrow, 4/1 can't come soon enough. They are fully polished 20x10 and 20x11 VS08 forged wheels. Very excited!
Of course we're gonna need some photos once you get them! lol

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Picked up a big box of extra horses from the post office today. Thank you Levittownford. Ford Performance Power Pack 2... just in time for spring. The timing was perfect! :rockon:
20210331_201534.jpg

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
The Shelby looks a lot better than the eBay one I got! Mine looks alright but there is a small gap near the bottom of the mirror, you don't notice it until you look up close.

I don't want to pay a lot for this stuff though so I went with the eBay one.
The Shelby CF covers were not inexpensive, however, it appears they're made by Borla (has a Borla label under the resin inside). I think they look killer and fit great. Downside, I had to use epoxy to secure them to the mirror assembly, and went down a rabbit hole trying to find what exactly to use.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I do understand. If I were going to buy two sets of tires, I would buy for the summer either Michelin Pilot Sports 4s or Continental Extreme Contact Sports. For the all seasons it would be either the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, Michelin AS3+, or the new Continental Extreme Contact DW06 plus.

If you are not looking to be doing any kind of racing or really "spirited driving", I would go with either of the "3" all season tires I mentioned above, as an all year tire.

Which tires are on your car now? If they are the OE Pirelli's, they are not run flats. The 5.0 easily overwhelms the stock tires in any weather. Are you planning to increase the stock size and or buying larger wheels?

Augusta, has a good Mustang Club with a lot of nice people.

If you come out this way, let me know. I'm always looking forward to meeting other Mustang owners.

Yes, Weather is very similar to Augusta here. That area is much more "hilly" than Statesboro and the surrounding areas, but overall, the weather is pretty much the same.

I figured May to the end of September would be sufficient for summer tires, while the remaining months would work with All-Seasons. My experience with these Run Flats in the rain was not a great one on my Camaro, and the Continentals brought back my driving confidence in bad weather.

I might take a drive up to North Georgia next week, but want to spend a few days washing and detailing the car as well.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Finally, finally I have some springs in hand! Ordered a set during back Friday, stuff happened; now a set of Steeda Minimum Drop's are here. Finally I can get everything installed.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
The instructions on eBay say that the adhesive area should be heated up a little bit before installation. I used a heat gun on low setting then slipped them on.

The covers hold on well, they stay on even at highway speeds and spirited driving sessions.

The Shelby looks a lot better than the eBay one I got! Mine looks alright but there is a small gap near the bottom of the mirror, you don't notice it until you look up close.

I don't want to pay a lot for this stuff though so I went with the eBay one.
I'll probably go with the ebay ones as well. Budget is getting crushed right now.

Sponsored

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
I do understand. If I were going to buy two sets of tires, I would buy for the summer either Michelin Pilot Sports 4s or Continental Extreme Contact Sports. For the all seasons it would be either the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4, Michelin AS3+, or the new Continental Extreme Contact DW06 plus.

If you are not looking to be doing any kind of racing or really "spirited driving", I would go with either of the "3" all season tires I mentioned above, as an all year tire.

Which tires are on your car now? If they are the OE Pirelli's, they are not run flats. The 5.0 easily overwhelms the stock tires in any weather. Are you planning to increase the stock size and or buying larger wheels?

Augusta, has a good Mustang Club with a lot of nice people.

If you come out this way, let me know. I'm always looking forward to meeting other Mustang owners.

The tires are Eagle F1 Asymmetric 265/35r20 All-Season, so they're not Run Flats. I know I can get a better ride with other options, and the suspension on this car is much improved over the Camaro.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I'm debating whether or not to go the All Summer tire, then another set for All-Seasons, or stick All-Seasons. This is my Daily Diver. I really hate these run flats on my car. My Camaro had the same tires and I replaced them with Continental Extreme Contact DW06 back in 2019 and it was a night and day difference as far as performance and handling.

This time around I'm looking at the Pilots 4s Summer and the Pilot A All-Season.
Any Suggestions would be appreciated.
You live in Georgia. Why do you think you need All-Season tires?

Get the Michelin MP4Ss, they're awesome.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
We get 4 seasons here, it's not completely warm all year round. It can get as high as the 100s, and as low as the 20s here, with an occasional snow period here and there. So those days of Mild weather are just about over in the southeast region of the state. For example, tomorrow morning and Saturday lows will be in the 30s.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
We get 4 seasons here, it's not completely warm all year round. It can get as high as the 100s, and as low as the 20s here, with an occasional snow period here and there. So those days of Mild weather are just about over in the southeast region of the state.
Georgia does not, in any way, shape or form, get 4 seasons. If you had lived where they actually do, you'd understand that.

"In Statesboro, the summers are hot and oppressive, the winters are short and cold, and it is wet and partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 39°F to 94°F and is rarely below 26°F or above 99°F."

It might get down into the 20s a few times a year. At best.

MP4Ss will work just fine. I use them for year-'round DDing in VA.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
I've lived here for 20 years now and In the same region of the state. Within the last 10 years, we've encounted snow and 20 degree weather more frequently. The people down here still cannot cope with snow compared to those that are used to it.

What do you mean by "If you had lived where they actually do"?
Sponsored