Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
http://kandn.com/dynocharts/33-5029.pdf

stop looking 22% less than 10 microns for the K&N

1617328344935.png

There is data on AFEs product page but it is scattered. Not seeing size data or if it is the same testing spec.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the aFe is better but, without matching specifications, its a toss up, and since aFe has 4-5 grades of filters......

I know, this doesn't help at all. Good luck!

Science, HTF does it work.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Here;s a youtuber that compared filters:
that video makes me want a dry filter..........seriously

I doubt it really matters though for daily driving, the main debris we hit is what, bugs? those won't make ti through. I don't live in a desert, so no real fine sand.

Sponsored

dead_inside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Prem PP
looks like AFE done copied velossa techs snorkel, releasing in April. -- it looks longer though than velossa techs. may direct into the snorkel area.
This is the part that has me wondering...

“Hassle-Free Installation:
The 54-13015S Dynamic Air Scoop fits the factory systems, as well as with aFe POWER Intake Systems. This part easily snaps into factory inlet location and requires no modification to your vehicle.”

Like after you remove the bumper?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This is the part that has me wondering...

“Hassle-Free Installation:
The 54-13015S Dynamic Air Scoop fits the factory systems, as well as with aFe POWER Intake Systems. This part easily snaps into factory inlet location and requires no modification to your vehicle.”

Like after you remove the bumper?
I read that too. lmao so many people going to be mad when they buy it, open engine bay and not sure where it goes.

but.. I think the price point isn't a bad one, I mean in comarpsion.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

I doubt it really matters though for daily driving, the main debris we hit is what, bugs? those won't make ti through. I don't live in a desert, so no real fine sand.
I was really suprised with how many particles the KN filter let through compared too all of the rest. Since I do live in the desert for now, I'm going to be sticking with the stock filter.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I was really suprised with how many particles the KN filter let through compared too all of the rest. Since I do live in the desert for now, I'm going to be sticking with the stock filter.
not a bad idea. I could return my afe oiled one and swap for a afe 3 layer dry filter still. I will decide over night.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I gave up on the oiled K&N filters a couple of years ago.

not a bad idea. I could return my afe oiled one and swap for a afe 3 layer dry filter still. I will decide over night.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Do report back - I have this on my agenda to do but I'm not 100% if it's worth it. How's it removing it and installing it?
come drive my car. Or at least play with the clutch and see for yourself.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
random, looks like AFE done copied velossa techs snorkel, releasing in April. -- it looks longer though than velossa techs. may direct into the snorkel area.
The Velossa Tech product connects right into the air intake snorkel, it's even "keyed" just like the intake.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

You'd be surprised how much "sand" type debris there is on the roads, and with the "big mouth" there's gonna be lots of crap going into the filter. Research high performance dry filters - some are lightly oiled too, like your AFE which might be a more efficient filter than the K&N. Go find the AFE flow and filtering performance specs and see. I think there are some out there that filter better than cheese cloth K&N type air filters and flow basically just as good.
Sponsored