samanthalang315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samantha
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Hey guys, new member here.
I have a 2017 with about 20,500 miles on it. I seem to have an intermittent starting problem which seems to happen at random times (happens during a cold start, and has also happened after driving the car for around 30 minutes).

We have tested the battery voltage, alternator, fuel pump pressure, fuses in the engine bay, starter, and starter wires all of which checked out fine. Ford has also looked at it for a week and couldn’t find anything. What I have noticed though is when it does mess up the clock resets to military time.
Has anyone had similar issues and was able to figure out what the issue was?
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Welcome!

Between my experience and that of other members, I’m guessing it’s either a weak battery (even if it tests ok), or a starter (or solenoid) on its way out. Particularly the bit about the clock resetting leads me to lean towards a battery.

OP
OP
samanthalang315

samanthalang315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samantha
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Welcome!

Between my experience and that of other members, I’m guessing it’s either a weak battery (even if it tests ok), or a starter (or solenoid) on its way out. Particularly the bit about the clock resetting leads me to lean towards a battery.
We will test battery tomorrow, thank you!

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar issue with my 2017 about 7 months ago. I checked the battery and if I remember correctly it seemed to be okay from a voltage point of view. I decided to replace the battery due to it was 4 years old. After I changed to the new battery the issue went away.

Not sure if this the same thing as what you are seeing but a new battery fixed my issue.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Op, if you replace the battery, there is a battery reset that should be used. Search it.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Op, if you replace the battery, there is a battery reset that should be used. Search it.
I can attest to this. Just spent the last 6 months dealing my whole electrical system being fucked because I didn't reset my battery when installing the new one. I honestly didn't believe these cars were that complicated but I was wrong.
Sponsored