Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
SOOooooo...JUST to make YOU happy, Tom, I went to the weight station today. Seems what we heard initially for the CFTP is probably pretty close. The only fuel out of the vehicle was the amount used to get there from the gas station, probably a couple gallons max.

Therefive, I expect we can call it 4090. And yes, my car has the Tech Pack.

weight-slip.png

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
SOOooooo...JUST to make YOU happy, Tom, I went to the weight station today. Seems what we heard initially for the CFTP is probably pretty close. The only fuel out of the vehicle was the amount used to get there from the gas station, probably a couple gallons max.

weight-slip.png
Thanks! Great effort!

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Happy to help "the cause," guys. :-) And I bet without the Tech Pack, she'd be closer to 4k.

But boys and girls, I can't talk up this transmission enough, it is fricking amazing! I don't miss that damn pedal or the shifter a bit, MOF, I like having the little tray in the front of the console with no "stick" in the way and nowhere to put stuff. Much better now.

Call me crazy, but this dang car is a whole helluva lot of fun to drive..WAY more so than even crazy ol' me imagined. :-)

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

weight-slip.png
Excellent. So that other cars weight has officially been debunked. I can say with confidence that I can get mine below 4K. Maybe in the 3,800ish range......

OP
OP
Snakebite

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Excellent. So that other cars weight has officially been debunked. I can say with confidence that I can get mine below 4K. Maybe in the 3,800ish range......
Tomster...did you order the Tech Pkg?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
He ordered everything!!!!!!!!
All except the side stripes. They are vinyl and I dont like the look. If they were painted on, I would have got them.

OP
OP
Snakebite

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
All except the side stripes. They are vinyl and I dont like the look. If they were painted on, I would have got them.
A number that remains to be seen is the lightest possible stock GT500 spec, which would be CFTP minus Tech Pkg. From what I have been reading thus far, no such beast out there quite yet.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Someone will yank their B&O hardware out. <grin> I'd guess it's just a matter of how quickly more Snack Packs get into the hands of owners.
Ive read the sub doesn't weigh that much. Maybe the amps.... We will find out.

FWIW, when I replaced my stock rear speakers in one of the R's, the OEM were very light, the new ones were quite heavy.

For me, CF hood, lid, lithium battery, ceramic brakes, (for track days, remove pax seat, lightweight race seat), etc.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
No surprise the factory speakers were light, Tom, as we all know, few manufacturers give a hoot about audio quality. Mine improved after bumping up the low end but it's nothing like an aftermarket rig with a serious power amp and REAL speakers. :-)

But hell, I wanna hear that growl anyway so I haven't been "tuning" much. <smile>

Nonetheless, it sure sounds like you have everything figured out weight-wise and short of pulling the carpet and sitting on a Home Depot bucket, I'd say you've thought of everything.

And thanks for the tip on replacing OEM speakers. I was a nutjob about audio as a kid but since then, I've gotten by with whatever was in the vehicle. So, I might like to replace mine and may I assume that any speaker for a Mustang with the B&O hardware will be compatible, yes? And by compatible, I mean mount using the same hardware. I can figure out the numbers.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
No surprise the factory speakers were light, Tom, as we all know, few manufacturers give a hoot about audio quality. Mine improved after bumping up the low end but it's nothing like an aftermarket rig with a serious power amp and REAL speakers. :-)

But hell, I wanna hear that growl anyway so I haven't been "tuning" much. <smile>

Nonetheless, it sure sounds like you have everything figured out weight-wise and short of pulling the carpet and sitting on a Home Depot bucket, I'd say you've thought of everything.

And thanks for the tip on replacing OEM speakers. I was a nutjob about audio as a kid but since then, I've gotten by with whatever was in the vehicle. So, I might like to replace mine and may I assume that any speaker for a Mustang with the B&O hardware will be compatible, yes? And by compatible, I mean mount using the same hardware. I can figure out the numbers.
IIRC, there were adapters needed to mount the speakers. Other than that, they were plug and play. Sound is so much better.

I dont know what the "premium" B&O system sounds like, but I suspect it's just a name that Ford bought into. When I get mine, I certainly will find out.