2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I've never had good luck with aftermarket headlights/tail lights. They're always junk. I hope OP's experience differs from mine. Burnt out bulbs, adjusters that don't work, thermal expansion cracks, water ingress, etc.
I've had similar problems in the past. I always run a bead of silicon in all aftermarket (and some OEM applications) to resist water intrusion/expansion/sweating. Especially If living in a cold/wet environment.

I replaced all the lights on my F-150 and had the wettest winter in 5 years here and they're still good!
Sponsored

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
I think one of the coolest features on the s550 is the fact that the tri-bar on the gen 2 headlights and tail lights were both straight and were uniform. Then with gen 3 they did the same shape again. I thought that really tied the car together front to back. S650 severely lacked those subtle design features - how come you wanted to remove that?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I think one of the coolest features on the s550 is the fact that the tri-bar on the gen 2 headlights and tail lights were both straight and were uniform. Then with gen 3 they did the same shape again. I thought that really tied the car together front to back. S650 severely lacked those subtle design features - how come you wanted to remove that?
Agreed but the 650 replaced the tri-bar DRL's (s550) with tri-LED's/HID's.

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Thank you to everybody thats posted! When i chnage parts on my cars i don't necessarily think of the heritage of the car or its lineage. i simply think of what i want my car to be. i have a V8 "muscle" car which nowadays there more of a V8 sports car. i went with a more track, road course build. but my personal style is a clean look not going for a wow factor. so i got parts that complement the body styling of the car with the angles but not being too aggressive. not that we are throwing a supercharger on it in a couple weeks i wanted to give it just a little meaner look to it. and i think these headlights give it that more sinister aggressive front end look but also giving it that track oriented feel to it.

next will be a hood and that gets very difficult cause hoods on these are hard to find one that looks good AND still give it that more aggressive track look. so im going to go with the anderson composites type SA hood. debating on painting it. i dont like painting over cf BUT thats the only hood that has that unique styling.

to answer the question abojt the headlights i could care less about the heritage or the tri bar thing. i just want the overall look to complement the vision im going for thats it. i couldnt tell you how many times people tell me my car looks super clean. not overdone not in your face....just clean :)

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I love the S550 headlights, makes me think of looking into the face of a venomous snake.

We like what we like. Glad you got it to fit.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I've never had good luck with aftermarket headlights/tail lights. They're always junk. I hope OP's experience differs from mine. Burnt out bulbs, adjusters that don't work, thermal expansion cracks, water ingress, etc.
I've found similar issues with even stock replacement headlights for many cars and they're all Chinese-made lights. Of course, many replacement parts are made in China (like TYC) these days but I found a few parts made in other Asian countries to be better. Ditto on the adjusters; I had many that will go a little and then it's as if something inside broke or went beyond the range and then won't go back when you turn it the other direction.

TraumaNovember

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Porter
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Those look great. To me you just exchanged tri-bar for tri-square.
Sponsored