hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
My tuner said that i didnt install the harness needed. Cause its either eop1 or eop2 and I already had both. He thinks there is another harness needed or a different harness that reads oil pressure properly. can anyone direct me to the harness? I have not seen it.
Sponsored

Mastodon2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
From my understanding of the system, there are two pins on the upper ECU connector that provide Oil Pressure. Pin 48 and Pin 57. Non-PP cars (GTs anyways) use a basic open/close circuit on Pin 48 for the warning light. If there's pressure, the circuit's closed, and there's no light. If there's no pressure, the circuit opens, and the light turns on. (That's a little simplified, but it's close enough for government work.) PP cars use send a variable voltage to Pin 57 to determine oil pressure. If the voltage is below a certain value, the low oil pressure light turns on.

When you have a tuner enable the oil pressure gauge, the tuner is telling the ECU to start looking at Pin 57. If you don't connect that pin to your oil pressure sending unit, the ECU will read 0 volts, which is below whatever voltage is needed to extinguish the light. Likewise, if you connect the sending unit to Pin 57, and don't have the tuner enable the gauge, the ECU will still look for a voltage on Pin 48.

So, to get the gauge working, you have to have a tuner enable the guage AND have that signal get to the ECU through Pin 57. It's not replacing a specific harness, as it is repining a single wire in your existing harness.

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
From my understanding of the system, there are two pins on the upper ECU connector that provide Oil Pressure. Pin 48 and Pin 57. Non-PP cars (GTs anyways) use a basic open/close circuit on Pin 48 for the warning light. If there's pressure, the circuit's closed, and there's no light. If there's no pressure, the circuit opens, and the light turns on. (That's a little simplified, but it's close enough for government work.) PP cars use send a variable voltage to Pin 57 to determine oil pressure. If the voltage is below a certain value, the low oil pressure light turns on.

When you have a tuner enable the oil pressure gauge, the tuner is telling the ECU to start looking at Pin 57. If you don't connect that pin to your oil pressure sending unit, the ECU will read 0 volts, which is below whatever voltage is needed to extinguish the light. Likewise, if you connect the sending unit to Pin 57, and don't have the tuner enable the gauge, the ECU will still look for a voltage on Pin 48.

So, to get the gauge working, you have to have a tuner enable the guage AND have that signal get to the ECU through Pin 57. It's not replacing a specific harness, as it is repining a single wire in your existing harness.

Thank you for the reply, so now that Lund has turned on my gauge, in order for me to get the light to go away I have to repin? (how do I do that?) Also, do I still need a different sending unit or not?

Mastodon2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you for the reply, so now that Lund has turned on my gauge, in order for me to get the light to go away I have to repin? (how do I do that?)
That's what I had to do on my '16. This video isn't 100% accurate for our cars, since it's for a 2012, but it was close enough to get me where I needed to be. You can either add an new wire to the harness, and not have to worry about potentially damaging the pin when you try to remove it, or you can be VERY careful and use a pick to push the pin out and move it to the new hole. I chose the latter because I didn't want to splice in and hide a new wire, but I still had to splice so that I could make the original wire long enough to fit into it's new hole. As always, everyone's car is a little different. Proceed at your own risk.

Also, do I still need a different sending unit or not?
I did not need one. Surprisingly to me, my 1-wire sending unit provides the same variable voltage that the "correct" 3-wire should. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm not a Ford engineer. What do I know?

hamzah596

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I had to do on my '16. This video isn't 100% accurate for our cars, since it's for a 2012, but it was close enough to get me where I needed to be. You can either add an new wire to the harness, and not have to worry about potentially damaging the pin when you try to remove it, or you can be VERY careful and use a pick to push the pin out and move it to the new hole. I chose the latter because I didn't want to splice in and hide a new wire, but I still had to splice so that I could make the original wire long enough to fit into it's new hole. As always, everyone's car is a little different. Proceed at your own risk.

I did not need one. Surprisingly to me, my 1-wire sending unit provides the same variable voltage that the "correct" 3-wire should. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm not a Ford engineer. What do I know?

Thank you for the video. I’ve messed with a lot of stuff on the car but that looks sketchy lol. I think I’m just gonna unselect the pressure gauge in the cluster and forget about it. There is an option to turn the low oil pressure warning and light just not sure what else it will affect.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
My tuner was able to turn the oil pressure in the cluster! But I am getting the low oil pressure symbol. Any input?
3F0ECD2E-E6DF-44AD-BE59-A76F8844576A.jpeg
Read the first post again...you'll see how u can get read of the warning

hsolorz1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Premium Convertible
My Mechanic is Locked Out of PCM After Installing FP Tune.

My mechanic successfully installed the PP gauge cluster on my 2017 EcoBoost premium convertible per the instruction on this thread. His tuner set the “Oil Pressure Config” setting to “transducer.” The Oil Pressure Gauge started working. The tuner loaded the FP tune several months later. The Oil Pressure Gauge stopped working. But the FP tune is locking him out of the PCM and he can’t get to the “Oil Pressure Config” settings to reset it to “transducer” again. Does anyone have a workaround?

Talked to FP and they suggest that I, baseline the FP current tune on dyno, take the Mustang to dealer, get them to flash the PCM back to original settings, and get my mechanic to re-tune the PCM per the baseline, and then set the "Oil Pressure Config" setting to "transducer."

Does anyone have any ideas regarding simply getting past the FP lockout so that I can simply change the "Oil Pressure Config" setting and get the Oil Pressure Gauge working again without all the additional costs and hoops?

Last edited:

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
i just acquired a used set of PP gauges as well as the entire dash cover, for my 2020 base GT installing Sunday hopefully all goes well

update 2018 Base GT are prewired cutting the dash was the biggest PIA
but it came out great

Last edited:

FlabbyCouch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Just made the swap (thanks to everyone in this thread) and the vacuum gauge is working perfectly. As stated previously, the oil pressure gauge does not work. Looking to get a tune revision and Palm Beach Dyno is telling me it won’t work unless I get a PP oil pressure sending unit (I’m guessing it’s actually a transducer and not a switch?). Can anyone verify that this is or isn’t needed? Looking at this entire thread it doesn’t seem like anyone needed it. Maybe it would get rid of the low oil pressure warning?

Sponsored

Robonick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
2020 400A black accent, plug was found behind touch screen. installing new gauges tomorrow, will report back with functionality

Robonick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Installed gauges and panel. Def way more cutting of air ducts than expected for proper fitment. Was not expecting to cut out as much as I did, but vents are blowing air with no leaks and gauges are working properly with correct oil pressure and my color lighting.

hotcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1969 Mustang vert restomod, 69 SS Camaro
The 2015-2018 PP center dash bezel (w/AC vents and holes for PP gauges) can be found on eBay. It’s often sold as a set including the other matching dash appliqués to the left and right of that piece and WITHOUT the gauges. Expect to pay about $200-$300, depending on condition, who’s selling it and shipping costs.

The 2015-2018 PP gauge set - these have been advertised a few times on this forum in the user classified section. Prices have been steady at $125-$200; same pricing holds true if found on eBay (excluding any shipping costs).
Hi Cobra JET,
I have a non PP 2018 GT premium. I've bought the PP gauge set and dash panel. Can you tell me please where to get the rest of the hardware like the plug/wiring for the cluster, oil pressure sender and and is there also OP control solenoid? and adaptor piece in block. I’ve spoken to 2 ford spare parts dealers and they can’t help.
John

hotcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Installed gauges and panel. Def way more cutting of air ducts than expected for proper fitment. Was not expecting to cut out as much as I did, but vents are blowing air with no leaks and gauges are working properly with correct oil pressure and my color lighting.
Hi Robonick,
Good stuff mate. Where did you get the wiring from the PP gauges to that dash harness, please.
John

hotcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2016 Ecoboost and the wire with plug attached was already there. It was tucked behind the radio, clipped behind a panel. The early part of this this thread shows exactly where it is. Once I plugged it in my boost gauge immediately worked and I needed a local tuner to change a setting for the oil pressure gauge to work.
Hi Gossomer,
I
Sponsored