KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I also would like to know if the dealership can change the oil pressure config from switch to transducer.

Additionally, has anyone verified that the factory plug exists behind the SYNC module for the 2018 EcoBoost Premium w/201A package (digital dash)? And is the oil pressure sensor already the 3-wire transducer version, not the 1-wire switch?
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Just did mine. Plug and play on my auto 2016 GT.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just for the people wondering, it is plug and play with no tune required on the 2018 401 GTs. Just got mine hooked up today, and oil pressure and vacuum work correctly. To verify, I put the oil pressure and vac on my gauge cluster and went for a drive, and they seemed to be in the same positions at the same time as the physical gauges

Last edited:

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
Has anyone done this on a 2017 GT Premium auto?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done this on a 2017 GT Premium auto?
It seems to be that it works on all GTs, no tune required, with it being completely plug n play on 2016+. I'd assume that you're good to go

Sponsored

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
It seems to be that it works on all GTs, no tune required, with it being completely plug n play on 2016+. I'd assume that you're good to go
That is not correct as has been mentioned several Times in this post and others
A 2016 GT premium non PP car does require a tune to activate the oil pressure switch.
This is on a 401A manual car.
Nothing else is required other than the tune update to enable the sensor.
The wiring harness is behind the acm.

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I would like to have these gauges, but it is probably not a good option for me since it requires a tune. I want my car to remain under warranty and I am not sure if the dealer would take issue with this.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
That is not correct as has been mentioned several Times in this post and others
A 2016 GT premium non PP car does require a tune to activate the oil pressure switch.
This is on a 401A manual car.
Nothing else is required other than the tune update to enable the sensor.
The wiring harness is behind the acm.
I wouldn't quite say it's been mentioned "several times in this post", or else myself AND 5 0 UFO probably would have caught it. OP says GTs don't require a tune aside from the 2015s, as has a later post confirming that it's plug and play on the 2016.

Regardless, are you trying to say that it's ONLY plug and play on 401a manual cars?

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
I wouldn't quite say it's been mentioned "several times in this post", or else myself AND 5 0 UFO probably would have caught it. OP says GTs don't require a tune aside from the 2015s, as has a later post confirming that it's plug and play on the 2016.

Regardless, are you trying to say that it's ONLY plug and play on 401a manual cars?
My car is a 2016 GT PREMIUM non PP car
I have the 401A nav package with shaker pro.

The oil pressure gauge did not work at all untill i had Lund update the tune on my car.
Of note i was not on a factory tune at the time of install. As i had previously installed the 2018 intake and Lu47 injectors before i installed the gauges.
This may or may not be the reason.
I have been on the flextune from day one though.

If others have had a diferent experiance it would be helpfull if they posted their findings as well.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If others have had a diferent experiance it would be helpfull if they posted their findings as well.
Agreed. I confirmed the other day that 2018 401A manual is plug n play, hoping more would follow in the footsteps. Maybe if we keep bumping it, more people will participate! haha

Sponsored

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
Agreed. I confirmed the other day that 2018 401A manual is plug n play, hoping more would follow in the footsteps. Maybe if we keep bumping it, more people will participate! haha
Do you guy's know if it's plug and play on an 18 auto base GT?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wish I could help ya out, but I'm not sure on that one. I know it works on manual 401A 2018s, but I'm not sure if anything is different from base to premium or auto to manual. My best guess is it might still be tune required. I have a feeling the only reason it works on the 401A is because we have an oil pressure and vac gauge built into the cluster, so it's already tracking accurate readings of those parameters rather than an on/off switch.

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wish I could help ya out, but I'm not sure on that one. I know it works on manual 401A 2018s, but I'm not sure if anything is different from base to premium or auto to manual. My best guess is it might still be tune required. I have a feeling the only reason it works on the 401A is because we have an oil pressure and vac gauge built into the cluster, so it's already tracking accurate readings of those parameters rather than an on/off switch.
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure the base GT has oil an pressure and vacuum display as you scroll through the different gauge features. Wish there was a way to know for sure! I'm guessing that there should be a wiring harness behind the dash. I need to reread this thread! LOL!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure the base GT has oil an pressure and vacuum display as you scroll through the different gauge features. Wish there was a way to know for sure! I'm guessing that there should be a wiring harness behind the dash. I need to reread this thread! LOL!
On A 2016 Gt premium non performance pack the wiring for the gauges is already in place. Its behind the radio look for a small square hole and you should see one or two pins through the hole. Simply push this pin backwards untill its comes loose and then fish it up into place. This is a factory connector for the gauges and by default if its a not Pp car its placed there.

I found this in a youtube video. By keith stilson

Under the comments section

I can confirm this works on a GT premium non performance pack
After plugging in the gauges and getting your tune updated it will show proper oil pressure.
In my case i use Lund.
There is no other wiring involved or splicing. Just plug the connector in and trim your vents to fit.
The oil pressure switch is already present on the 2016 cars and does not need any additinal wiring just the updated tune and mycolor works properly as well.
9E7DA890-7324-4AAE-B3C8-DE87C4DC42EC.jpeg
As displayed in the yellow circle, the plug would be located in the area behind the infotainment center

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As displayed in the yellow circle, the plug would be located in the area behind the infotainment center
I was just reading that now! Thanks! :)
Sponsored