Sponsored

Inherited GT, what do I have?

luderiffic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am now the owner of a 2016 Mustang GT. I joined a few months ago, but just started researching things. Its a 6 speed, OEM 20's, a Shaker Audio system, leather heated/cooled seats. It's in great shape and want to keep it nice, just as my mother in law would have wanted. The only problem is that it has been in an accident, but to the untrained eye you can't tell. Rides and drives really nice.

How can you tell what options this thing actually has? What PP might I have, etc? Could the dealer tell me what it has if I gave them my VIN?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Pics are loaded on Page 2
Sponsored

Last edited:

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
If you have gauges between the two AC vents in the middle above radio, then you have a Performance Pack (Came with staggered 19's, not 20's).
If you have a black rear diffuser, big touch screen and leather seats, then you have a Premium GT.
If you have a subwoofer in trunk, you have upgraded stereo.
If you have a kinda large looking square thing where map lights are in cabin, and you hear an audible locking click about 20-30 second after shutting the car off, you have the Security Package (locking center console, glovebox, additional alarm sensors.

OP
OP
luderiffic

luderiffic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Looks like I have the Premium but not the performance pack. Thanks for the help!

After reading what comes with the PP, I think its something I want to do (especially the gearing which seems to be the most difficult/expensive). Is there an aftermarket option to do this or something similar?

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Also, if you ever plan on going FI, people tend to swap DOWN to 3.31
For roll racing too... can't beat a 3.31. Cause lets face it, nobody goes from the dig anymore haha.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Posting pics of the car would help determine any other packages you may have. Examples are 401A, black accent package, etc.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't know about the 2016, but on my car I have optional gearing....if it was possible to order optional gearing back in 2016, it could be that the car was equipped with one of the optional gears.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Gears were also options at least in my 17, I have 3.55 gears but 3.31 were also an option as was 3.15

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
where is that "this thread is useless without pics" picture?

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Have you looked in the case that the owners manuals are in? That's where I keep my window sticker. That's also where I found the window stick for my 1999 F350 when I bought it back in 2005.

Sponsored

Jostrom8021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500, Rapid Red Metallic, black stripes, Silver pin stripes, 2000 GT convertible
Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am now the owner of a 2016 Mustang GT. I joined a few months ago, but just started researching things. Its a 6 speed, OEM 20's, a Shaker Audio system, leather heated/cooled seats. It's in great shape and want to keep it nice, just as my mother in law would have wanted. The only problem is that it has been in an accident, but to the untrained eye you can't tell. Rides and drives really nice.

How can you tell what options this thing actually has? What PP might I have, etc? Could the dealer tell me what it has if I gave them my VIN?

Thanks for your help.
First off, I'm sorry to hear that your Mother-in-Law passed away. I got my 200 GT Convertible after both of my parents passed.

Something you could do, and I don't know how popular this is with people on this forum, is get a Martini Report. It does cost, I don't know how much, but it will tell you how many other cars a identical to yours. It's a neat thing to have.

Good Luck and enjoy

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Nice! Those 20"rims look good on that color.

GT premium package. Non PP

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your mother in law. Not the way you want to get a Mustang. This is your car and not your wife's? :)
The aftermarket Ford Street Performance package has all the suspension parts of the factory Performance Pact. (except different springs) You might consider the Track package instead. Although I have the PP package on my 17 Mustang GT and it's a pretty stiff ride. Wonder how much stiffer the Track package would be. Steeda offers some nice suspension parts worth checking out. I have the Stop the Hop on my car. Noticeable difference in the handling. Stiffens up the rear end. Ford offers three levels of engine mods for your model that don't void the warranty.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if I can help assist with anything Steeda related ... happy to help!

TJ
Sponsored