Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I

I've had nothing but good oil analysis reports from blackstone using motorcraft 5w50. They never told me to use amsoil. After some torturous track weekends, zero shear and lots more life.
I have heard people say for years how Amsoil is the best. That remains to be proven in my opinion, and the OEM dyno-juice is pretty exceptional as it it. I would not use anything but stock oil in these cars. The oil was picked by the engineers to work as intended with this engine, and thats good enough for me. Also, there is no way in hell that I want to give anyone any reason to void my warranty.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have heard people say for years how Amsoil is the best. That remains to be proven in my opinion, and the OEM dyno-juice is pretty exceptional as it it. I would not use anything but stock oil in these cars. The oil was picked by the engineers to work as intended with this engine, and thats good enough for me. Also, there is no way in hell that I want to give anyone any reason to void my warranty.
To be fair, amsoil does meet the ford spec in the GT350. The spec is probably ly the same for the 500, but i haven't looked. My only point was that people say motorcraft is inferior, but to the contrary, it has never shown any sign of breakdown or inferiority in any of my blackstome lab analysis.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They never had anything bad to say about the Motorcraft just told me that with the Amsoil it looked like I could go a bit longer between intervals.
Was this written on your report in the comments section?

With an engine like this, I dont think i would want to max out my oil change intervals.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair, amsoil does meet the ford spec in the GT350. The spec is probably ly the same for the 500, but i haven't looked. My only point was that people say motorcraft is inferior, but to the contrary, it has never shown any sign of breakdown or inferiority in any of my blackstome lab analysis.
My comment wasn’t to slam Amsoil, in fact I used to be an Amsoil dealer. I just meant to say a lot of people think they need to use a different oil when in fact Motocraft is plenty good.

I agree on the oil change interval, this is more important than switching oil brands in my opinion. Also, the condition of the oil at the recommended mileage has nothing to do with the condition of the oil filter. Personally I do not want to run the filter any longer, even if there is still life in the oil.
Sponsored