Sponsored

Golden ticket allocation

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I have an update that I think is good news. I got word from the dealer that my order is unscheduled clean and then called Ford performance where Kyle verified my order is unscheduled clean. It is confirmed to be a “Golden Ticket” CFTP car with every possible option. I still am worried though because the car is not mine until I am driving off of the lot with it. I still worry about getting screwed but at least it is locked in for color and options.
If you have confirmed all of the above with Kyle and your dealership I am not sure what you should be worried about?

Now it is just a matter of your car being scheduled for production which along with that comes your VIN and within 7 to 10 days of your scheduled production date you will have access to a Window Sticker as well.

With your car coming with the CFTP option hopefully your car will be scheduled before the FRAP ceases production for the 2 seat CFTP and R models probably sometime in early November with resumption of production somewhere around the early March 2020 time frame.

When you say that your car has been ordered with every possible option does that include your car being ordered with a Painted Black Roof along with the OTT Painted Stripes?

Good luck and hope that your car gets scheduled for production sooner than later!!

:)
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unscheduled clean for a confirmed CFTP order means the order is legit. The only thing that could go wrong at this point is that the dealer decides to sell to someone else. Yes, it has happened. Get it all in a very detailed agreement and have them sign it. Most dealers, once at this poont won't screw you over. However it has happened

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
If you have confirmed all of the above with Kyle and your dealership I am not sure what you should be worried about?

Now it is just a matter of your car being scheduled for production which along with that comes your VIN and within 7 to 10 days of your scheduled production date you will have access to a Window Sticker as well.

With your car coming with the CFTP option hopefully your car will be scheduled before the FRAP ceases production for the 2 seat CFTP and R models probably sometime in early November with resumption of production somewhere around the early March 2020 time frame.

When you say that your car has been ordered with every possible option does that include your car being ordered with a Painted Black Roof along with the OTT Painted Stripes?

Good luck and hope that your car gets scheduled for production sooner than later!!

:)
Yes It will have the painted black roof and painted stripes with the tech package. I am still worried because at any time the Dealership could decide to screw me and sell the car out from under me. It is exactly what happens with my original CTFP car even though painted stripes were not available on that one. Then I ordered a base car and now this Golden Ticket Car.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Unscheduled clean for a confirmed CFTP order means the order is legit. The only thing that could go wrong at this point is that the dealer decides to sell to someone else. Yes, it has happened. Get it all in a very detailed agreement and have them sign it. Most dealers, once at this poont won't screw you over. However it has happened
I have a signed purchase agreement but it offers no real protection for me. I hold all of the risk because if they sell the car to someone else all they have to do is give me my $15k deposit back. There is no penalty for them if they back out. I have never found a dealer that would give you more back than your deposit if they back out of a deal. My nightmare scenario is the CTFP car doesn’t get scheduled until the spring and the base car gets built in the fall. Of course I pass on it waiting for the Golden Ticket car in the spring and it gets sold out from under me. At that point I get my money back but have no Shelby GT500. What a nightmare!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have a signed purchase agreement but it offers no real protection for me. I hold all of the risk because if they sell the car to someone else all they have to do is give me my $15k deposit back. There is no penalty for them if they back out. I have never found a dealer that would give you more back than your deposit if they back out of a deal. My nightmare scenario is the CTFP car doesn’t get scheduled until the spring and the base car gets built in the fall. Of course I pass on it waiting for the Golden Ticket car in the spring and it gets sold out from under me. At that point I get my money back but have no Shelby GT500. What a nightmare!
Google specific performance pertaining to breach of contract. Oh yes, they are on the hook. However you would have to hire a lawyer and go after them if they defaulted on their specific performance. The damages are whatever it took you to go out and find another exact car like the one you entered into agreement over. That is why I say to get it all in writing and be as specific as possible.

My wife is a lawyer.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Just get the base car if it will be built a lot earlier and then trade it in on the track pack car.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Where is this dealership located and have you sat down face to face with the GSM, GM and/or owner of the dealership with respect to a signed purchase agreement along with a face to face commitment on your car?

I have purchased a lot of Mustangs over the last 50 years and have never been stiffed by getting everything in writing up front along with having a face to face meeting with the exec/ownership level of the dealership.

If you haven't done so already I can't stress the amount of importance of a meeting face to face and of course getting everything in writing up front as well.

:sunglasses:

OP
OP
TYAO=RH

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
I would not fret at all about selling from under you...before I posted the allocation, I was informed all local and "VIP" customers of this dealership were not interested, hence why I was asked if I knew anyone interested and the reason why I posted it on this forum. My experience with this dealership and salesman (Same one you are dealing with) has been honest and accurate...Although I can understand the skepticism after hearing your story of being burned on the last deal you had going, that just sucks man!

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
I would not fret at all about selling from under you...before I posted the allocation, I was informed all local and "VIP" customers of this dealership were not interested, hence why I was asked if I knew anyone interested and the reason why I posted it on this forum. My experience with this dealership and salesman (Same one you are dealing with) has been honest and accurate...Although I can understand the skepticism after hearing your story of being burned on the last deal you had going, that just sucks man!
Hi again,
Thanks again for making the opportunity to buy a “Golden Ticket “ GT500 possible. It is good to know that you are working with the salesperson and dealership personally and you had good experiences in the past with them. I will let the past go and trust them. I feel lucky and surprised nobody wanted it even at 15k ADM. I don’t want to start an ADM war in this thread so I will post an ADM mitigation thread separately. Did you get your 350R at MSRP? Also what color and options did you get? Why did you chose the R over the 500. Just curious.

OP
OP
TYAO=RH

TYAO=RH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP.
Hi again,

Thanks again for making the opportunity to buy a “Golden Ticket “ GT500 possible. It is good to know that you are working with the salesperson and dealership personally and you had good experiences in the past with them. I will let the past go and trust them. I feel lucky and surprised nobody wanted it even at 15k ADM. I don’t want to start an ADM war in this thread so I will post an ADM mitigation thread separately. Did you get your 350R at MSRP? Also what color and options did you get? Why did you chose the R over the 500. Just curious.
No worries man....My R deal is MSRP

Grabber Lime w/black OTT stripes, Black Painted roof, and CF Interior.

As far as choosing the R over the 500...For me, in a car I look for something that is special, engaging, fun, and full of character rather than absolute performance. To keep this short, I believe I will get that more so with the R than the 500.
Sponsored