Sponsored

Golden ticket allocation

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I don’t mean to discredit your information, and I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong. But as I have stated in a few posts I have been in talks with almost all FP select dealers in Canada minus BC and Quebec and they are full of stupid sales staff and management who are blowing a ton of smoke up the ass of anyone asking about the gt500. If you think Canada is going to get the majority of CFTP cars over US of A you have a better line on cannabis than I do.

6 allocations per FP dealer is correct at this time. But no way in hell are they majority cftp. These c_nts up here will sell it how ever they can and then apologize when the real option comes out.

Just from experience in the great white north.

Again if I’m wrong I’ll be the first to admit it, but I’m confident I’m not
He meant the dealership is selling the allocations under pretences that they have the allocations, but they don’t.

And I agree with you, they’ll try to sell a CFTP and then actually procure a base model for the customer.

Regardless, this all stemmed from the OP claiming both allocations are CFTP and we’re just warning against the possibility is fake. Likely one is true, one is not (at this point in time).

@PP0001, 50k for every dealer sounds suspect. However, recession in Alberta or not, there is still an awful amount of money in this province and cars/toys are snapped up anyway in a hurry. Did you go to Cam Clark? They had a GT in their showroom about a month ago. I didn’t see it, but can only guess on the price. Likely 1 million +
Sponsored

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Nobody is doubting you, but for those that have been through this before (and read all the stories), we've seen it all.

It sounds all on the up and up, but there is no way to know if the allocation is real unless a rep verifies the info. Calling Ford Performance doesn't mean anything unless the order is unscheduled clean, or assigned a VIN with a build on schedule, then you know it's legit. Ford Performance can verify that a CFTP is ordered along with painted on stripes. If it's clean or scheduled, then it's good to go.
Tom; Do you think they will collect all the orders for the Painted Stripes and do them all with one "fell swoop". Iam thinking they probably would like to do a bunch as opposed to onesy, twosies, Big companies like to do things in an "Orderly Fashion"---Not Hodge Podge.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom; Do you think they will collect all the orders for the Painted Stripes and do them all with one "fell swoop". Iam thinking they probably would like to do a bunch as opposed to onesy, twosies, Big companies like to do things in an "Orderly Fashion"---Not Hodge Podge.
It is my understanding that the painted on stripes are being done by an outside contractor. I think it was mentioned in speed phenom's Woodward dream cruise video. So no, I don't think that will be the case.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
You are missing my point. If the car is unscheduled clean, you are good to go, you dont have to wait for a VIN or a build date. Just confirm unscheduled clean status and that it is a CFTP with ford performance on Monday. Do you need the number?
Thanks but I know the number. I have been calling Kyle at FP on my base order. I do have the

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks but I know the number. I have been calling Kyle at FP on my base order. I do have the
OK. Unscheduled clean means the order has been set for production and that the allocation is legit (just confirm with FP CFTP). I would be very wary of a CFTP car that was sitting in unscheduled material hold.

Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Order number and dealership code and will call on Monday. I don’t know if the car is clean or scheduled they just said yesterday was the last day to change the options and colors. I didn’t know what they meant by that with wear the order is. What about the base car? I hope I am not screwing up Simone else’s opportunity for choices if I end up canceling it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Order number and dealership code and will call on Monday. I don’t know if the car is clean or scheduled they just said yesterday was the last day to change the options and colors. I didn’t know what they meant by that with wear the order is. What about the base car? I hope I am not screwing up Simone else’s opportunity for choices if I end up canceling it.
Usually you can change colors and other order preferences up until a VIN is assigned. So it sounds like the CFTP is clean and awaiting a VIN assignment.

I wouldn't do anything until Monday, but that's your choice.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
OK. Unscheduled clean means the order has been set for production and that the allocation is legit (just confirm with FP CFTP). I would be very wary of a CFTP car that was sitting in unscheduled material hold.
My base is still unscheduled material hold. Are all the CTFP cars being built first? How does it work? My base has a higher priority code. Does it make a difference when a CTFP has a lower pro code? I got burned on my first CTFP deal but I did get the deposit back. I know I get the car or my mine back but I will be disappointed if this falls through. The base is nice but I want the CTFP.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I don’t mean to discredit your information, and I’ll gladly eat crow if I’m wrong. But as I have stated in a few posts I have been in talks with almost all FP select dealers in Canada minus BC and Quebec and they are full of stupid sales staff and management who are blowing a ton of smoke up the ass of anyone asking about the gt500. If you think Canada is going to get the majority of CFTP cars over US of A you have a better line on cannabis than I do.

6 allocations per FP dealer is correct at this time. But no way in hell are they majority cftp. These c_nts up here will sell it how ever they can and then apologize when the real option comes out.

Just from experience in the great white north.

Again if I’m wrong I’ll be the first to admit it, but I’m confident I’m not
Not sure if you misread my post but after purchasing my first Ford Pony Car in Saskatchewan back in the 60's I have built up a lot of great relationships up there just as you have therefore I am on the same page as you and in no say did I ever suggest that these dealerships know what they are talking about.

When meeting and talking to each GSM I made it very clear that it was my opinion that each FP dealership will end up with 2 CFTP cars out of their 6 allocations and I stand by that suggestion. Ford has said up front that a ratio of 3 to 1 for a CFTP is going to be the norm.

The one dealership in BC already has VIN's and scheduled production dates for 2 CFTP cars for late September and I told them that will be it for the year for them and of course they did not want to hear that.

As you so correctly mentioned the sales staff and even senior management in the Great White North have no idea what the Golden Ticket allocation even means and will have a lot of explaining to do when each FP dealership starts to contact the customers with the bad news regarding the 2 seat CFTP cars not being available for most of their valued customers.

:wink:

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
Usually you can change colors and other order preferences up until a VIN is assigned. So it sounds like the CFTP is clean and awaiting a VIN assignment.

I wouldn't do anything until Monday, but that's your choice.
I already sent them a good faith deposit of $5k until Monday. They promised to send me the updated DORA, VOC and a signed price agreement on Monday. I agreed to send them $10k more once I have confirmation.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
He meant the dealership is selling the allocations under pretences that they have the allocations, but they don’t.

And I agree with you, they’ll try to sell a CFTP and then actually procure a base model for the customer.

Regardless, this all stemmed from the OP claiming both allocations are CFTP and we’re just warning against the possibility is fake. Likely one is true, one is not (at this point in time).

@PP0001, 50k for every dealer sounds suspect. However, recession in Alberta or not, there is still an awful amount of money in this province and cars/toys are snapped up anyway in a hurry. Did you go to Cam Clark? They had a GT in their showroom about a month ago. I didn’t see it, but can only guess on the price. Likely 1 million +
I did not mean to suggest that all Alberta dealerships had a $50K ADM but was told that Sherwood Ford sold all of their 6 allocations for that amount and that other Alberta dealerships were sold below that number.

Is Sherwood Ford not the largest FP dealership in Canada from a volume standpoint at least that is my understanding?

:sunglasses:

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
I will also give up the base car if the CTFP car deal gets confirmed. I don’t want to be a di@k to anybody else who is looking for a GT500.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
My base is still unscheduled material hold. Are all the CTFP cars being built first? How does it work? My base has a higher priority code. Does it make a difference when a CTFP has a lower pro code? I got burned on my first CTFP deal but I did get the deposit back. I know I get the car or my mine back but I will be disappointed if this falls through. The base is nice but I want the CTFP.
Actually based on info here, base cars have been selected first. I was one of the few who got my CFTP pulled for build, but still as of yet not received a VIN or a build date. However, things are starting to move, and move quick. I wouldn't be surprised if your CFTP was clean and awaiting a VIN based upon the urgency to select a new color. Once the VIN is assigned, you'd have to pull some serious strings to change things.

I've come to find out that the priority code early on doesn't mean anything. I went back and forth with my dealer about getting it changed from a 19 to a 10. Someone here had mentioned that would increase the likelihood of getting pulled for build. That turned out to not be the case. However, it may or may not influence how the car is scheduled once it is assigned a VIN.

I am aware that your first CFTP fell through. However, this may be legit. If you call, and the order is clean, you are set.

Edited to add:
If it comes up as unscheduled material hold, ask for an email confirmation from the dealers Ford rep. Go ahead and explain how you got burned by another dealer that took your money and didn't have an allocation for it. I think they would understand.

Last edited:

iR8Snake

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Not sure if you misread my post but after purchasing my first Ford Pony Car in Saskatchewan back in the 60's I have built up a lot of great relationships up there just as you have therefore I am on the same page as you and in no say did I ever suggest that these dealerships know what they are talking about.

When meeting and talking to each GSM I made it very clear that it was my opinion that each FP dealership will end up with 2 CFTP cars out of their 6 allocations and I stand by that suggestion. Ford has said up front that a ratio of 3 to 1 for a CFTP is going to be the norm.

The one dealership in BC already has VIN's and scheduled production dates for 2 CFTP cars for late September and I told them that will be it for the year for them and of course they did not want to hear that.

As you so correctly mentioned the sales staff and even senior management in the Great White North have no idea what the Golden Ticket allocation even means and will have a lot of explaining to do when each FP dealership starts to contact the customers with the bad news regarding the 2 seat CFTP cars not being available for most of their valued customers.

:wink:
My apologizes, I completely misread or interpreted.

I’m not in sales, not my thing as I’m too honest of a man. Not sure why these salesmen think it’s acceptable to lie to their customers. I know I’ve outright laughed at a few different ones over the phone when discussing this vehicle. After I’ve received their “facts” of course!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I did not mean to suggest that all Alberta dealerships had a $50K ADM but was told that Sherwood Ford sold all of their 6 allocations for that amount and that other Alberta dealerships were sold below that number.

Is Sherwood Ford not the largest FP dealership in Canada from a volume standpoint at least that is my understanding?

:sunglasses:
Yeah Sherwood could be the largest, I don’t know that info.
Sponsored