s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
So.....in your humble opinion.....what would you say is the most important first IRS mod that anyone should do? I have seen a lot of info on lower control arm bushings being a great bang for the buck mod and I know from experience the BMR CB005 lockout kit is almost a must have, but I'm wondering what you all are doing to your mustangs that make the most difference.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I think Steeda's differential bushing inserts followed by the vertical links.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
My list for the average person / streetcar goes just like this.

CB005 - Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit
BK055 - Lower Control Arm Bearing Kit
TCA045 - Bearing Vertical Links
Ford M-5A460-M - Toe Knuckle Bearing Kit

These parts increase NVH very very minimally...and often times the end user claims zero.

Past that point, I suggest:

BK051 - Diff Bushing Lockout Kit
TR005 - Toe Links with Lockout Plates

The reason I usually recommend those parts lastly is because most "diff mods" will add NVH. Whether 78 durometer or 95 durometer....you cannot argue with the electronics that monitor NVH and dB levels.

The Toe Rods are not something that will improve the performance greatly. However, they will lock out the OE eccentric adjuster and prevent toe slip...and they are nice to have to really dial in the rear alignment.

Past those mods, you have the Upper Camber Links which are really for the people trying to go max effort. I usually only recommend them for racers.

This is just in reference to common suspension-related IRS modifications - not springs, dampers, bars, or bracing etc.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=17897]s550v6[/MENTION] to add, I have the following mods on my daily driver and I am very happy with it.

CB005 Cradle Lockout
BK051 Diff Lockout
UTCA057 Camber Links (poly bushings)
Vertical Links with Poly Bushings

Of course, I know there is room for improvement...I just have not added more yet, as I am specifically testing a few things.

I also have a separate cradle for the car in our R&D room that I am fully upgrading - and plan to share those details soon too.

OP
OP
s550v6

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
[MENTION=17897]s550v6[/MENTION] to add, I have the following mods on my daily driver and I am very happy with it.

CB005 Cradle Lockout
BK051 Diff Lockout

Of course, I know there is room for improvement...I just have not added more yet, as I am specifically testing a few things.

I also have a separate cradle for the car in our R&D room that I am fully upgrading - and plan to share those details soon too.
Can't wait to see what you have in store for us! Love your work!

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Diff lockout should be last and proceeded with caution IMO.

BMR CB005, LCA bearing, shocks and springs.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Diff lockout should be last and proceeded with caution IMO.

BMR CB005, LCA bearing, shocks and springs.

Yeah. Everyone is different. But typically, it is one of the last parts I recommend due to increases in NVH.

However....it just depends on the customer specifically and their budget.

Our kit for $59.95 is a SMOKING deal - so often times, when a customer is on the fence about mods...I use the approach of, it is so cost effective...that it is worth the money and effort to try it out. You really do not know until you try it.

To be honest, we toyed around with various designs and bushing materials and hardness (durometers) and once I found that I still noticed NVH I just chose to go the 95 durometer route and be done with it. We usually focus on maximizing performance for each product we design - and the diff kits we wanted them to perform first and foremost.

:cheers:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
We have had great success with our suspension components from the complete package - the Stop the Hop Kit https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-ultimate-irs-stop-the-hop-package-2015-all-555-2129.html

To single items in that package that have been very effective at suring up the rear-end & reducing wheel hop:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-rear-irs-subframe-brace-2015-coupe-555-5754.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437.html

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438.html

It really comes down to your objectives, budget & future plans - if you can go all in with the Stop the Hop package, then that is a great package that will definitely pay dividends in the long run ... the chassis braces & subframe bushings are also good for starters.

Just some feedback, with our suspension components, we were able to take 1st place at Homestead a couple weeks back - beating out some pretty impressive vehicles. Of course, we outfitted the car with many of the parts we manufacture ... but still, a nice debut for team Steeda:

Steeda Proflow Ultimate Induction Power Pack (555-3202)
Steeda Sound Tube Delete Kit (555-3210)
Steeda Front Adjustable Swaybar (555-1015)
Steeda Rear Adjustable Swaybar (555-1016)
Steeda Front and Rear Swaybar Billet Mount Kit (555-8149)
Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment Kit (555-4438)
Steeda Differential Bushings Aluminum (555-4440)
Steeda IRS Subframe Support Braces (555-5754)
Steeda Rear Spherical Bearings (555-4117)
Steeda Adjustable Rear Toe Link (555-4120)
Steeda Billet Aluminum Vertical Link (555-4121)
Steeda Rear Adjustable Camber Arm (555-4123)
Steeda IRS Subframe Bushing Support System (555-4437)
Steeda Bumpsteer Kit (555-8133)
Steeda Camber Plates (555-8139)
Steeda Pro-Action Adjustable Struts and Shocks (555-8157)
Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mount (555-8152)
Steeda Billet Idler Pulley (555-3366)
Steeda Water Pump Pulley (555-3367)
Steeda Black Billet Oil Separator (555-3716)
Steeda GT Motor Mounts (555-4039)
Steeda Hood Strut Kit (555-0687)
Steeda Functional Race Wing (476-Steeda-Wing-15k)
Steeda Front Splitter (283-S550-Gt-Pp)
Steeda Reverse Lock-Out Collar (555-7081)
Steeda Interior Hood Latch Red (555-1248-Red)
Steeda Heel/Toe Pedal Kit (555-1272)
Steeda Drive Shaft Loop (555-5070)
Steeda Braided Clutch Line (555-7016)
Steeda Trans Mount Bushing (555-4037)
Steeda Shifter Base Bracket (555-7092)
Steeda Tri-Ax Race Shifter (555-7317)
Steeda Shift Knob (203-S550-Black)
Steeda Spring Perch And Clutch Spring Upgrade Kit (555-7027)
Steeda Ultra Lite Jacking Rails (555-5205)
Steeda Strut Tower Brace (555-5731)
Steeda Extreme G-Trac Brace (555-5532)
Steeda Slotted Rear Rotors (555-6025)
Steeda Braided Brake Line Kit (555-6027)

We have some very qualified build experts that can tailor a package to fit your needs from the strip to the track to the street ... we love to race what we sell!

A lot of great choices out there ... happy to help if you are interested in paring a Steeda suspension with your Steeda G-Trac Brace.

Have a great night.

TJ

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
First and greatest bang for the buck...the big 3: CB005, FR toe knuckle bearing and Steeda LCA.

The first is pretty obvious, but the latter 2 provides you with the "light car" feel. If gives the car confidence and precision to maneuver at your will in addition to keeping your alignment true. Also helps with wheel hop and inside tire traction.

They are not expensive, but install is time consuming. If you can find a shop with lift and press, I'd say install this ASAP...well worth your time and money.

The benefit from the vertical links, toe rods, and camber arm are relatively minor compared to the above.

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special

CB005 Cradle Lockout
BK051 Diff Lockout

Does BMR make a vertical link with poly bushings? I want to upgrade my vertical links but don't want any added noises.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
First and greatest bang for the buck...the big 3: CB005, FR toe knuckle bearing and Steeda LCA.

The first is pretty obvious, but the latter 2 provides you with the "light car" feel. If gives the car confidence and precision to maneuver at your will in addition to keeping your alignment true. Also helps with wheel hop and inside tire traction.

They are not expensive, but install is time consuming. If you can find a shop with lift and press, I'd say install this ASAP...well worth your time and money.

The benefit from the vertical links, toe rods, and camber arm are relatively minor compared to the above.
Sorry I am remiss to forget the Ford Racing toe knuckle bearing. This and the LCA bearing should be done at the same time.

You've got it. That's the trifecta I think of suspension mods. Forget the springs and shocks for a moment. The IRS mods should be done first.

Although - imo, if you are a daily driver and just want a great suspension upgrade, just do the Ford Racing Track Package, really. Reviews are overwhelmingly positive and it doesn't beat you up as a daily driver. Sure the IRS mods are needed if you want to get serious. But if you just want to add a better stance and a little "road race" into your ride- FRPP track package. The parts are made to complement each other.

If it's one thing I've learned in doing suspension mods to this car- it's hard to do a great suspension and OEM does a lot of R&D and they have reasons for why they do things. It's very easy to muck it up with one bad mod. And as much as the aftermarket does their research, they don't have the overhead and resources that the OEM manufacturer does. Aftermarket parts are aftermarket. They may work for one car but may not work for another. You open yourself up to a host of potential issues. But that doesn't mean it can't be done well. You just have to take your time and do the right parts the first time.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
The cradle lockout kit is awesome. Not only helps wheel hop, but. She the car handle a lot better.

The steeda alignment kit will definitely help too.

I'm doing the BMR differential bushing insert kit next. I hope it helps with drivetrain response and alignment issues.

bizkitlimped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shadow black V6 6spd
After doing some reading and speaking with Kelly in person the other day, my plan is as follows:

CB005
BMR bearing vertical links
BMR diff bushing kit
ford toe links
Steeda Pro action shocks/struts

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
The items I installed in my sig made a huge difference, and no unwanted NVH anywhere. I still have to install the Steeda pro action adjustable shocks and struts, spherical bearings, front sway bar, differential bushings, and toe links that I have sitting in boxes in the garage. I went with all Steeda parts, but hey, BMR makes kick-a** stuff also. There are strong opinions for both companies, but you can't possibly go wrong with either or a mixture of the two.

Rig Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
My setup gets it done for me on the track. I’m chasing down GT350s in the corners on a regular basis:
CB005 Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit
BK055 Bearing kit, lower control arm, rear
TCA045 Vertical Link, Rear Lower Control Arms,
SP083 Lowering springs, Handling version
CJR001 Chassis Jacking Rail
Sway bars and End link kit (ELK012)
And (for now), yellow Konis that work great with the SP083 springs.
Kelly and the team at BMR do the engineering, testing and evaluation and technical support. They don’t farm it out – they take a proper engineering approach and I couldn’t be happier with the results.
Sponsored