Sponsored

In looking around at dealerships, has anybody seen a new 6MT Mach 1 or a 6MT GT looking for a new home?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Hi rpm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N/A
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, Iconic Silver, 6 Speed, 700A, HP
Good eye. Considering they aren't Ford, that's a bonus. Nobody wants Ford's sh*t cover materials. I don't see a Katzkin label but that's what I would guess.
I would much rather have the factory original upholstery myself.
What I have seen of Katskin at car shows (I personally have never used them) is the quality of the material looks to be good.
The actual fit, many times, leaves a lot to be desired. That could very well be the installers fault though, not the cover.

Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you're carrying that kind of coin, I'd hit the pause button and consider something else, from a different era.

Much as I love my car, having two S550s would be boring to me. I'd rather keep what I have now, and if budgeting for something near the same price point, a 60s GT nicely kept or restored.

The differences between the two would be enormous, and very enjoyable.

Last edited:

Hi rpm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N/A
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, Iconic Silver, 6 Speed, 700A, HP
If you're carrying that kind of coin, I'd hit the pause button and consider something else, from a different era.

Much as I love my car, having two S550s would be somewhat boring. I'd rather keep what I have now, and if budgeting for something near the same price point, a 60s GT nicely kept or restored.

I agree with this 100%. Two S550s is one to many.

Hell, even a 2012/2013 BOSS Mustang would be a totally different driving experience. Rough and Rowdy, yet still new enough to be totally reliable.

Many fine examples are still available for under $50K

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

Much as I love my car, having two S550s would be boring to me. I'd rather keep what I have now, and if budgeting for something near the same price point, a 60s GT nicely kept or restored.

You know, I get that for sure and I realize most people would feel that way too. But I’m a funny guy I suppose and if I like something I really like it! If I do this it will actually be my third S550. Currently have a ‘20 A10 GT convertible and a ‘23 A10 Mach 1. I’m just looking to shift some gears once in a while. To me, these are all very different driving experiences but I love them all.

No, I’m not loaded by any means but over the years I’ve managed to carve out a little stash for myself for toys and such. What’s in the garage rotates and since I’ve retired from Harleys I’ve landed on Mustangs. As for the old ones, yeah I love them too but no longer have the physical ability to work on them myself, so that’s a problem. Otherwise I’d be looking for a ‘66 fastback for a Coyote swap-in. But at my age and general health status I don’t wanna start on a long term project. Hell, I don’t even buy green bananas!

I did just recently sell my ‘62 Bel Air 409 drag race tribute car and still have a real deal restored ‘67 Impala SS convertible so I get the appeal.

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 HighboyS
Where abouts are you located? I can find just about anything.

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I almost bought a base 23 GT 6mt with a 4K discount but someone wired them a deposit before I could get to the dealer and test drive it. So, I've been thinking about what I really want and landed on a 12-13 Boss 302 in yellow. Always loved those cars and they will problaby hold value better than most any other modern Mustang. If anyone sees a nice one for sale, let me know... Interestingly, Carvana seems to be trying to corner the market- they have about 15 of them.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Where abouts are you located? I can find just about anything.
North Georgia, but willing to ship or travel if absolutely necessary.

Looking for a new car only.

Thanks!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Interestingly, Carvana seems to be trying to corner the market- they have about 15 of them.
Yeah the paid obscene valuation thinking they were gonna flip them. Now they are severely underwater but not willing to book the loss yet.

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT