Impressive paintless dent repair

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
After some unidentified objects bounced off the vehicle in front of me and then hit my car, I was left with scuff marks and multiple dents. This was my first experience with paintless dent repair and I’m impressed at the results. Have any of you had any experiences with PDR?

DEB368AA-F0EA-45F8-B5E9-00562A5FF0AE.jpeg

7504B94A-B99C-4AEC-8393-9C54210D1E1C.jpeg

DEA377DF-69F1-4D96-AF55-C24CCCE28EBD.jpeg
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have not but I would like to know what product you used. That looks amazing

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Amazing. I had a Black 2002 GT and it had a dent across the wheel arch crease. Right on the crease.

I'll be damned if the guy didn't get it out in 15 minutes. Eventually I forgot what side it was on.
It was completely removed without paint damage.

They are miracle workers.

Deleted member 35644

I've had Dent Mechanic Group pull some out of both Mustangs. The hood of the coupe (my California Duster fell off the shelf and actually left a dent), and the door of the convertible (door ding). I was never able to see where the dents were, and I really look at stuff when I'm drying off the car. It's amazing.

OP
OP
AceS550

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have not but I would like to know what product you used. That looks amazing
I wish I knew what products were used. The repair took place at an insurance affiliated body shop.

Sponsored

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
I had some small dent removed from my old 2006 GT with the aluminum hood. It is a true art to do this work. And the cost was not bad given the results and short time to do the work.

Matti777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The tools aren't cheap and you need special lighting and most of all experience. I had a fluorescent light lense fall off and put a dent in my hood and wreck the Expel film. It will cost $350 to fix but at least I don't have to repaint the hood.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I had a PDR guy do about 4 dents in my Mustang, one was a deep dimple. He got them all out, no trace left. He used a combo of hot glue gun attached pullers and metal pushers....my 15 is showroom new looking! Zero dings or dents.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Here in North Jersey there's a guy, KOD, King of Dents, who goes around to a lot of auto body and dealer shops. I watched him work- it's really some cool science.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
One week into the ownership of my brand new Mustang, some bastard opened their door onto the rear quarter and left a nice dent behind.

My PDR guy sorted it in no time. These guys are highly skilled with a strong eye for detail. Every car guy should have someone like this in their phone.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
It sounds funny but they kind of "do it with mirrors". The guy was working on a BMW and he had lights and mirrors set up even though it was daylight. He had slipped some thin steel rods into the door, as if a car thief would slip a coat hanger down the glass to pop the lock; they had different bends to them, like coat hangers only thicker. He knew just where to apply the pressure to pop the dent out and he said the main thing was not to damage the paint. He also wouldn't do my wife's car because the dent was where the plastic molding met the steel , at the wheel well, and he said because of the location it wouldn't work. Maybe because of the plastic- don't remember. But it's some impressive work.
Sponsored