Sponsored

Im having issues I don’t know what to do any help is appreciated.

bobhadababy91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So one day I lost power steering traction control advance trac and the turn signals quit working. Now the air cuts high-low randomly. I’ve asked around many ppl have told me sounds like a ground problem ok I checked the grounds. On the shock towers looks good no issues still having the problem has anyone had this issue? What can I do to fix it without taking it and spending 10,000 bucks.
Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Have you had the battery and charging system tested? These cars are very sensitive to battery condition/voltage, and a failing battery or even corroded terminals can have a big impact on the performance of the electrical system.

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
Electrical gremlins can always be a chore to trace. You could also have a positive wire that is heating up and shorting out. I would make sure all wires look clean and none are able to rub close to metal especially as it gets hot.

It wouldn't hurt to have a local auto parts store do a free scan on it, you never know some error could pop up.

Good luck

OP
OP

bobhadababy91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Have you had the battery and charging system tested? These cars are very sensitive to battery condition/voltage, and a failing battery or even corroded terminals can have a big impact on the performance of the electrical system.
I have not had it tested I’ll try and see if this works I appreciate the feed back. I did check the terminals and cleaned just to be safe.

OP
OP

bobhadababy91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Electrical gremlins can always be a chore to trace. You could also have a positive wire that is heating up and shorting out. I would make sure all wires look clean and none are able to rub close to metal especially as it gets hot.

It wouldn't hurt to have a local auto parts store do a free scan on it, you never know some error could pop up.

Good luck
Thank you I’ll definitely double check and make sure. So the auto parts store ran a code didn’t read any my buddy has a high dollar scanner and his picked up 28 codes ecm/pcm being one of them

Sponsored

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
I would double check that battery, my taillights started to malfunction and so I started shopping for new ones. Then I read on here somewhere about a weak battery can cause this. Put in a new one and no more problems since.

And that is much cheaper than a PCN replacement. Probably worth it.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
I second @JCF204. Same taillight issue when battery wasn't staying charged. GL!

OP
OP

bobhadababy91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Checked the battery it’s at 12.6 volts and holding. Here are the codes it’s pulling mostly modular codes. Someone said maybe a body control module.

60B1804E-36F4-44DC-8C3B-EFC13F7E4712.jpeg

E21CF69D-F053-4540-BCF7-F9003DDF7375.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would look around the engine bay and under the car at all of the visible electrical harnesses and see if there are any a rodent got to and chewed through.

Use a bright LED light to look at everything. While checking for such rodent damages, also make sure that every harness connector is securely plugged in - give them a good push together even if they look like they are plugged in.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
voltage while running should be around 14.6V. if it isn't that its likely somthing to do with your alternator. cars do wacky stuff when they dont have the right voltage especially when they have as much modern conveniences as these cars have.

Sponsored
OP
OP

bobhadababy91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I would look around the engine bay and under the car at all of the visible electrical harnesses and see if there are any a rodent got to and chewed through.

Use a bright LED light to look at everything. While checking for such rodent damages, also make sure that every harness connector is securely plugged in - give them a good push together even if they look like they are plugged in.
ok I’ll check it out I appreciate the feedback.

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
What's the age on that battery?
My 15 about 3 years in had random electric bits glitch (infotainment, taillights, pony lights all went out randomly) for about a week and then the battery was completely dead and it was a no start. Now I just rip and replace the battery around 3 years in as a matter of consumables.

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
I have a low mileage '17 that is still on the factory battery. I think using a battery maintainer (not just a trickle charger) has really helped battery life and have had no electrical issues.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
My factory battery lasted almost 7 years. Replaced it with an Odyssey AGM and no problems since. AGMs are a bit pricey, but worth it in the long run....

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
99% of the time, if your battery is approaching or older than 3 years old... its the battery.

They don't always test bad when they're failing. My last 'normal' battery tested just fine and then was dead as a doornail the very next day.
Sponsored