Illinois-Chicago

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Well, you hurt my feelngs so bad that the only way to make it better is by letting me take your GT350 for the day. LOL
you have a gt350 steering wheel..you’re 1/2 way there
Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
So are there any meetups happening....bummed super car Saturday's was cancelled....perfect weather

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, this is true! Just missing some 8200rpm Voodoo

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Should organize one of these stay in your car drive by meetups

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
We should meet up at Doty rd like my foxbody days lmfao

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
I'm in, let's get something going guys!

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Its supoosed to rain all weekend. Next Wednesday 80 degrees :turkey:

edit: friday, 69 cloudy

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 22-24 looks to be promising. Anyone have any ideas for good meetup/cruise spots? All the mall parking lots are empty, woodfield mall comes to mind.

I'm in West Dundee (31 and I90)

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Next weekend looks like it will be reaL nice.

Stock-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Looking for advice in Chicagoland area:

My GT had a paint flaw that was "fixed" under warranty. I say "fixed" because my dealer doesn't have their own body shop so they sublet it to a shop they've been dealing with "for over 20 years" and the car came back looking worse than with the flaw. As it turns out, the body shop was taken over by a new owner and their high standard of work has taken a nosedive, but I digress.

The car still looks like hot garbage and even though the dealer isn't fighting me that it looks bad, the only thing they can do is send it back to the shop for a 4th time to get these hacks to try to fix it. My SA advised I might be better off calling Ford's customer service line to file a case and let the local area manager handle the resolution of this.

She got in touch with me and was very pleasant to deal with. She laid out my options and I decided to give it one last try. Ford will pay for everything and I just have to choose the location I want the car repaired at. Even though I have the option to go to any shop I want I'd prefer to try to take my car to a Ford dealer that has an in-house body shop. Seeing as the current paint was color matched incorrectly and buffed with what looks like to be a belt sander, I figure Ford customer service might be better able to stress the importance of this job to one of their own dealers.

Does anyone know of any dealer in the Chicago area that has an in house body shop? Have you seen any work they have done and can you recommend them?

Thanks in advance.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Kosto That's awesome brother I cant wait to see you out on the road! Mines the only grey gt with a rear firefighter license plate cant miss me!

@Tonymustang302 Ya it does and I seem to be free. Maybe we can get something together this week.

@Stock-ish Damn man I'm sorry to hear that. Sadly every body shop I've ever used has sucked big ones. Hope you find what your looking for.

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Looking for advice in Chicagoland area:

My GT had a paint flaw that was "fixed" under warranty. I say "fixed" because my dealer doesn't have their own body shop so they sublet it to a shop they've been dealing with "for over 20 years" and the car came back looking worse than with the flaw. As it turns out, the body shop was taken over by a new owner and their high standard of work has taken a nosedive, but I digress.

The car still looks like hot garbage and even though the dealer isn't fighting me that it looks bad, the only thing they can do is send it back to the shop for a 4th time to get these hacks to try to fix it. My SA advised I might be better off calling Ford's customer service line to file a case and let the local area manager handle the resolution of this.

She got in touch with me and was very pleasant to deal with. She laid out my options and I decided to give it one last try. Ford will pay for everything and I just have to choose the location I want the car repaired at. Even though I have the option to go to any shop I want I'd prefer to try to take my car to a Ford dealer that has an in-house body shop. Seeing as the current paint was color matched incorrectly and buffed with what looks like to be a belt sander, I figure Ford customer service might be better able to stress the importance of this job to one of their own dealers.

Does anyone know of any dealer in the Chicago area that has an in house body shop? Have you seen any work they have done and can you recommend them?

Thanks in advance.

Not an in house body shop but I have had several of my personal cars done at International Body Shop on Lake street in Elmhurst IL. They do body work for all the dealerships around Elmhurst and Bensenville, they tend to be a little pricey compared to other body shops but there work is phenomenal.
Sponsored