Illiminated Sill Plates

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
but let's not get carried away with ridiculous demand. Nowhere did Ford say you will get illuminated door sills on a 50th anniversary package. People just ASSUMED that because the GT Premiums come with them.
Actually the early press releases from Ford said the Limited Editions would have the lighted sills. It was before final production costs were set and they were dropped.
Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Actually the early press releases from Ford said the Limited Editions would have the lighted sills. It was before final production costs were set and they were dropped.
I remember it detailed every standard piece of equipment available and lighted sills were definitely one of the options/standard pieces of equipment included on the limited edition. I used to have a copy of it saved but I had a major computer problem late last year which wiped out a lot of files and pictures.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Same here, this seems like a simple enough thing to fix. Even if I have spend another $75 well worth it to me to be happy. All Ford would need to do to make it's REALLY elite fans HAPPY (not saying everyone who owns a mustang isn't) is just take one of their elite mustang people, let them work on this for a day. PUT TOGETHER A SIMPLE PROGRAM let us BUY the part, have it installed and "POUFF" 1964 potential happy Ford enthusiasts showing off their prized possessions for years to come. Rather than have us continue to feel and tell, (everyone who will listen) that Ford is not the supportive company they claim to be. Yes I understand the cars are sold so there is not a lot of money to be made from this, but how much is your reputation worth?
How is Ford not "supportive", and how does this have anything to do with their reputation??

You bought a car with a specific package that included specific features. One of those features was 50th Anniversary Aluminum door sill plates. The GT Premium sills are plastic; most people would consider the metal trim to be an upgrade over plastic, which obviously includes the people who designed the 50th package.

If you aren't happy with the design, that's not the manufacturer's problem. Nobody is obligated to make you and the few people on this forum "happy", it's not a quality, functionality, or design issue. It's simply your opinion that you like the illuminated sills better than the aluminum ones. They can't please everyone!

Ford has an Accessories division that makes kits for various items that can be added to cars that were not so equipped from the factory. Things like remote start, anti-theft, and ambient lighting. I have not seen a kit for the illuminated door sills though, probably because of the complexity with reprogramming the BCM-B. However, Ford Accessories did release a fog light kit for Super Duty models that required the BCM to be replaced (not reprogrammed!!), so I suppose anything is possible!!

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
05/20/14 2015 MUSTANG GT 50 YEARS LIMITED EDITION STANDARD EQUIPMENT

ALL GT PREMIUM 401A EQUIPMENT PLUS:
MECHANICAL

● 3.73 TORSEN® Rear Axle
● Active Anti-Theft System
 Blind Spot Information System with Cross-traffic Alert
● Brembo™ 6-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
● Heavy-duty Front Springs
● K-Brace
● Larger Radiator
● Strut-tower Brace
● Unique Chassis Tuning
● Unique rear brake package
● Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
● Upsized Front and Rear Sway Bars

EXTERIOR
● 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 (R) Summer Only Tires
● Bright Beltline and Window Surround
 Exclusive Paint Colors:
— Kona Blue Metallic
— Wimbledon White
● Spoiler Delete
● Wheel Locking Kit
● Wheels – Unique 19" X 9" (F) 19" X 9.5" (R) Machined-
Aluminum

INTERIOR
50 Years Aluminum Door-sill Plates
● 50 Years Floor mats
● 50 Years Rear Gas Cap Badge
● Aluminum dash panel with Unique 50 Years badge with
sequence number
● Electronic Locking Center Console
● Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure & Vacuum)
● Unique 50 Years Upper grille
● Unique color seat inserts, door inserts and stitching

FUNCTIONAL
● Audio
— Shaker™ Pro Audio System (12 Speakers)
— HD Radio™
● Voice-Activated Navigation System
05/20/14 2015 MUSTANG GT 50 YEARS LIMITED EDITION
EQUIPMENT GROUP

Series/Rate
Option
Code
Mustang GT 50 Years Limited
Edition – TBD%
Mustang 50 Years Limited Edition – Fastback P8R S
5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine 99F S
6-speed Manual Transmission w/3.73 TORSEN® Rear Axle 44X S
6-speed SelectShift® Auto Transmission
● Steering Wheel Paddle Shifters
● Remote Start System
● 3.55 Limited-Slip Rear Axle
443 O
Equipment Group 500A
Free Standing Packages & Options (FSO)
 Kona Blue Metallic L6 O
 Wimbledon White N4 O
Fleet Only Options (Req. Valid FIN Code)
Engine Block Heater 41H O
Smoker's Package 63B O
My factory sill plates read MUSTANG...No mention of 50YRS...

THE FORD MOTOR COMPANY MEDIA CENTER

The Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition will be the only 2015 model with the large faux gas cap badge on the rear fascia, with 50 Years added to the GT designation.
LOL!!

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
My factory sill plates read MUSTANG...No mention of 50YRS...

LOL!!

Neither do the floor mats. It would only be advertised to do so if "50 years" were in quotes.

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Neither do the floor mats. It would only be advertised to do so if "50 years" were in quotes.
Then why is everything else listed that actually was on the car not in quotes, for example, 50 years gas cap badge?

Sh6l9by

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
Saac mk1 #35/69n70 GT350 conv/fb/69 Mach1prostreet
In my opinion, the (special) sill plates we got were filler pieces because Ford expected them to be replaced with the pieces that they sent the advertising campaign for with my owners kit. Where in that brochure did it say it wouldn't work with my color? Or even with my car.

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
The drove my first 2015 GT at night and illuminated sills were one of the "neat" things that got my attention. It was not a 50 yr, that dealer didn't have one. All of the 50 yrs I looked at were during the day so we never noticed, and I guess like many others because it was a premium we expected the illuminated sills.
I have never ask for free parts, just for help from FORD to make the extra parts I bought work.

I am a resourcefull guy, it has now became a quest. I will make them work one way or the other with or without FORDs help. I think I know now how to make them work with an aftermarket RGB controller. I had them working in a test Saturday, but haven't done the permanent wiring. Waiting to see about what I may have lucked onto Saturday. I should know for sure about that by the first of next week

classicrockr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2LT/RS HYper Blue Convertible Camaro
I love the illuminated sill plates on my 2016 2LT. They really stand out in the dark. You won't regret getting those sill plates working.
On my last Camaro I almost bought a projector for the bottom of the doors that would have "Camaro" projected on the ground.

The Pony Projector for the Mustangs is great - I wish Chevy would have done that for the newer Camaros.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I saw a post yesterday on another forum for an earlier model Mustang and they used the connections for the ambient lighting under the footwell to tie in the door sills. Something to think about instead of getting our BCM-B modules reprogrammed.

Wonder of long term effects for using that circuit.

Sponsored

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
I have always said " I would rather be lucky than good any day". Well I lucked onto a used module at a salvage yard on Ebay. Bought it cheap enough, it arrived today and it works.

see pics, I have a video, couldn't upload it.

Oh, and there's another out there, but I don't know if its from a Premium
1463013043.doorleft.jpg
doorright.jpg

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I have done some digging and managed to find the male connectors that attach to the illuminated sills connector. I plan on running wires to the ambient lights under each footwell for their respective side.

The connector that attaches to the illuminated sills is: http://www.mouser.com/Search/Produc...-1virtualkey57100000virtualkey571-6-1419166-1

For additional information, this is the wire connector for the illuminated sill. This is the female connector: http://www.ttiinc.com/page/search_a...oIs8rVluJPjgtuwiQZr9XAXw4N4a4maTpBoCMFrw_wcB#

I hope to create my own wiring harness to adapt to the existing interior ambient lighting.

Some additional specs on the male wiring connector. http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/418/NG_CD_9-1419157-4_C3-692480.pdf

I've ordered my parts. I'll post again when I know something.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I have always said " I would rather be lucky than good any day". Well I lucked onto a used module at a salvage yard on Ebay. Bought it cheap enough, it arrived today and it works.

see pics, I have a video, couldn't upload it.

Oh, and there's another out there, but I don't know if its from a Premium
What was the search criteria for Ebay?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Lights

I have done some digging and managed to find the male connectors that attach to the illuminated sills connector. I plan on running wires to the ambient lights under each footwell for their respective side.

The connector that attaches to the illuminated sills is: http://www.mouser.com/Search/Produc...-1virtualkey57100000virtualkey571-6-1419166-1

For additional information, this is the wire connector for the illuminated sill. This is the female connector: http://www.ttiinc.com/page/search_a...oIs8rVluJPjgtuwiQZr9XAXw4N4a4maTpBoCMFrw_wcB#

I hope to create my own wiring harness to adapt to the existing interior ambient lighting.

Some additional specs on the male wiring connector. http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/418/NG_CD_9-1419157-4_C3-692480.pdf

I've ordered my parts. I'll post again when I know something.

Doesn't that mean the sill lights will be on all the time, as the footwell lights, even when the door is closed?

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't that mean the sill lights will be on all the time, as the footwell lights, even when the door is closed?

Damn. Back to the drawing board
Sponsored