Sponsored

Illiminated Sill Plates

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
4 modules on Ebay right now, all you gotta due is figure out if there from a premium!
Sponsored

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Wow glad these came with my premium EB,it's expensive add on.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
4 modules on Ebay right now, all you gotta due is figure out if there from a premium!
If you have a friend with a programmer , just change the code yourself or have them change it.
Change 7B7-01-1 to 0042 0000 02

In the LE and 50Yrs Pkg it is 0040 0000 00

You can look it up on the motorcraft dot com web site in the as built area for module data.

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Durango R/T, 2010 H-D CVO FLSTSE
If you have a friend with a programmer , just change the code yourself or have them change it.

You can look it up on the motorcraft dot com web site in the as built area for module data.
Is this the only value in the BCMB that needs to be changed in a 2015 50Yrs A/P car to enable full support (incl MyColor) for the illuminated sill plates?

Thanks,
MikeV

Sponsored

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other values are the same
I have a set of illuminated sill plates waiting to be installed and I just ordered the programmer. Time permitting and providing I get the device and the software installed and running on Windows 10, I will give this a shot over the weekend and report back with the results.

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
I would like to get the illuminated sill plates. I have the 50 AP. I would want to go the programming route though

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
I have $125 in the sills and module, the "cheapest" add on I am most likely to do

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I installed the illuminated sill plates into the stock harness connection and tried this today and it did not work. I have a 2105 convertible worth the 50yrs A/P and after setting 7B7-01-1 to 0040 0000 00 the convertible top stopped working. Changing it back restored the convertible top functionality bit it seems there is another setting needed for the convertible.

Thanks,

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK gang, I have successfully enabled the Illuminated Sill Plates using the factory harness with full MyColor functionality. No cutting into the wire harness is necessary.

The process is simple if you have the factory harness. Using the technique outlined in the thread on modifying the as-built data and the value that needed to be changed in the BCMB (thanks Mustangchief!) I was able to work out the setting that worked for the GT Convertible with the 50yrs a/p. For anyone who needs it the the values are:

7B7-01-01 0142 000 03

It is a simple procedure that once you have your laptop set up and configured with the software and interface takes only 5 minutes to do. One added benefit from this is once you are set up you are in position to modify other settings & features as described in the previously mentioned thread.

If anyone thinking about doing this who has questions on the process please feel free to PM me or reply in this thread and I will be happy to help.

Thanks,

MikeV (Nemesis911)

Sponsored

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
This is great news, I have some takeoffs coming next week, I have a fastback though, so hopefully the code MustangChief gave will work. What programmer did you use?

Last edited:

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is great news, I have some takeoffs coming next week, I have a fastback though, so hopefully the code MustangChief gave will work. What programmer did you use?
I used this one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Bluetooth one supports Windows and Android devices and the Wi-Fi one supports Windows and Apple devices. I chose the Bluetooth one even though I have Apple products because I read the reviews on the Wi-Fi version and many people complained of multiple disconnects which is the one thing you don't want when you're updating firmware. Besides, I would rather use my laptop to save the files first before making any changes to make it easy to restore if necessary.

Just follow the process outlined in the beginning of the "Modifying the As-Built Data" thread and you'll be fine. It's easy to revert back if the setting doesn't work as expected.

FlyBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Wimbledon White
Thanks for the info Nemesis! So all I need to install the illuminated sills in a 50th LE is the harness (included with the new sills) and the ScanTool OBDLink correct?

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info Nemesis! So all I need to install the illuminated sills in a 50th LE is the harness (included with the new sills) and the ScanTool OBDLink correct?
Pretty much that's it. The take-off sills that I bought were wired with a connector that plugs right into the factory harness. You would have to pull up the plastic trim piece between the sills and the seat to confirm your car has the necessary wiring in place. Then it's a tool-less install.

For the programming you need a Bluetooth enabled laptop running Windows, and have the Forscan software installed and unlocked with their free license code. Make sure your batteries are fully charged on both the laptop & car or plug them both in to the respective chargers. The step by step updating process is posted in the other thread I referenced in an earlier post. Make sure you read through the steps and be sure everything connects and is stable before proceeding. It is an easy, straightforward process but mistakes could leave you with unpredictable results so proceed with care.

FlyBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Wimbledon White
Thanks again for the help! Really appreciate it!
Sponsored